UFC - Blasters (fantasy card)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC - Blasters (fantasy card)
Stickan
5/29/07 1:03:47PM
Chuck Liddell - Wanderlei Silva
Mark Hunt - Butterbean
Houston Alexander - Thierry Rameau Sokodjou
Terry Martin - Drew McFedries
Phil Baroni - Mike Swick
Robbie Lawler - Scott Smith
Alessio Sakara - Doug Marshall
Melvin Guillard - Takanori Gomi
Roger Huerta - Tatsuya Kawajiri

How would I do as a UFC matchmaker?

Aether
5/29/07 1:52:54PM
mark hunt vs butterbean???

Aether
5/29/07 1:56:35PM
other than that, yeah that would be a pretty entertaining card.
rcg916
5/29/07 2:03:05PM

Posted by Aether

mark hunt vs butterbean???

Whats so funny about that? Two huge punchers.... Hunt would kill him, but Bean could get a big one in...

Id buy that PPV for sure...
Mastodon2
5/29/07 2:04:39PM
I'd like to see Mark Hunt vs Corey Hill or either of the Diaz brothers
rcg916
5/29/07 2:17:22PM
The promoter would be arrested for attempted murder...lol
kaduey
5/29/07 2:31:53PM
houston Alexander wins one fight in the UFC now everyone thinks him and Soku would be an amazing fight. This is laughable.
TriangleChokeOut
5/29/07 2:32:41PM
Robbie Lawler would destroy Scott Smith, other than that good fights.
kaduey
5/29/07 2:34:06PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Why the hell would you want to see Mark Hunt fight these guys? Hunt weighs 300 pounds and has far superior stand-up. Terrible idea.
DJDark41
5/29/07 2:38:34PM
Decent card, I think Butterbean vs Hunt would be entertaining as hell. Two out-of-shape fighters with bricks for hands. It would probably be the laziest fight ever...
AchillesHeel
5/29/07 2:39:25PM
I think he's saying that he doesn't like Hill or the Diazes.
Mastodon2
5/29/07 3:39:35PM

Posted by kaduey

Posted by Mastodon2

Why the hell would you want to see Mark Hunt fight these guys? Hunt weighs 300 pounds and has far superior stand-up. Terrible idea.

I think you missed the comedy element in my post
pv3Hpv3p
5/29/07 3:51:05PM

Posted by DJDark41

Decent card, I think Butterbean vs Hunt would be entertaining as hell. Two out-of-shape fighters with bricks for hands. It would probably be the laziest fight ever...

Mark Hunt may be a big dude, but he's got what it takes to fight out a decision...

Anyways... If you're going to have a 'Blasters" card, I think you should have an AleksE / Big Tim fight on there...

And just for good measure why don't we get that Yvel / Kharitonov fight out of the way that we were supposed to see at Pride 33...

That and I think you should rename it "UFC 112 - Losers Eat Soup for a Month"
Mastodon2
5/29/07 3:53:22PM

Posted by DJDark41

Hunt is a Polynesian - They are big lads, but they have huge Gas tanks, just look at how the dominate in Rugby.
johny_rotten
5/29/07 3:59:05PM
Here is the dream card:

Randy vs Fedor
Shogun vs Chuck
Rampage vs Wandy(I think Quinton can finally get the monkey off his back, pun intended.)
Kang vs Anderson
Filho vs Hughes
Gomi vs Sherk
Penn vs Kawajiri
Franca vs Sakurai
Nog vs Cro Cop
rcg916
5/29/07 4:42:40PM

Posted by kaduey

houston Alexander wins one fight in the UFC now everyone thinks him and Soku would be an amazing fight. This is laughable.

Sokoudjou wins two fights in Pride and now everyone thinks him and Crocop would be an amazing fight. This is laughable.
Buddharox
5/29/07 4:47:05PM
Well, Sok knocked the shit out of 2 high ranked fighters, whereas Alexander beat only Jardine.

Happens once it can be called a fluke by some, happens twice and it's usually a solid bet.
Northrend
5/29/07 6:42:50PM
Fedor vs Randy
Wanderlei vs Chuck
Anderson Silva vs Hendo
GSP vs Sakurai
Sherk vs Gomi
Josh Barnett vs Tim Sylvia
Brandon Vera vs Big Nog
Diego Sanchez vs Nick Diaz (rematch)
Shogun vs Rashad Evans
Ultimate_fighter
5/29/07 7:31:16PM

Posted by kaduey

Did u see what that man did to Jardine? He dropped Jardine in 45 seconds, dropped him like 5 times, and Jardin beat forest griffin in about 3 minutes and forest went 3 rounds with tito, and almost won. U got to admit this beast is awesome, and could step in that cage with any LHW title holder and have a good fight...
cmill21
5/29/07 7:40:57PM
I like the cro cop vs. nog rematch. Mirko beat his ass in that 1'st round then screwed up and got caught in an arm bar, i'd like to see him avenge that. As for the coture fedor fight, that doesn't excite me, the only fedor fight that would excite me is Fedor cro cop, or Fedor shogun.
Stickan
5/29/07 8:28:12PM
Dammit... some of you guys missed my point completely. I wasn't trying to make the best card ever thread that's been done a million times before.
I just wanted to make a card filled with serious concussions as a result ..

A sub card would be awesome though.
kaduey
5/29/07 8:28:44PM

Posted by rcg916

Posted by kaduey

Sokoudjou wins two fights in Pride and now everyone thinks him and Crocop would be an amazing fight. This is laughable.

:

Totally agree, even though he did KO lil Nog and Arona, I still wouldn't bet on him if he fought another top ten fighter at 205.
iwannabesedated
5/29/07 10:13:49PM
Id like to see Huerta Vs Gomi.......I know Huerta may not be a top 10 in most people eyes...but the dude is frickin tough..and i think were Diaz didnt have the KO power to finish Gomi off with strikes..i think Huerta could..and this could as entertaining as Gomi vs diaz...........hell id like to diaz gomi 2.....
rameydl8
5/30/07 12:31:50AM

Posted by kaduey

Posted by Mastodon2

dumbest idea ive seen today....
Believe-in-judo81
5/30/07 12:42:51AM
All solid fantasy cards, but I'd be willing to sell my damned house to see Johnny's live.