UEFA EURO 2012

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » UEFA EURO 2012
Next Page »
Ordep
6/6/12 3:04:10PM
Alright, so the 2-year cycle of hating soccer is over for me (I only watch EURO and World cups). Action starts this Friday and this edition should be a good one...

Back in '94 while browsing channels I found a game from WC'94 with one team wearing some really nice orange jerseys and moving the ball really fast, became an instant fan and still am...

Poor_Franklin
6/6/12 4:00:27PM
i don't have anyone i root for in these, but i sure do enjoy watching them.

Love watching some good soccer.
Bubbles
6/6/12 7:41:57PM
I too cant stand soccer unless its World or Euro Cup. Even amongst the match fixing scandal, the Azzurri shall prevail (again)

Bubbles
6/6/12 7:43:15PM
my picks to advance out of the group stage:
A: Poland and Czech Republic
B: Netherlands and Germany
C: Italy and Spain
d: Sweden and France
danclarke1992
6/7/12 9:00:03AM
i love footall, cant wait for it to start, im pulling for england but im not too confident i think germany will win the whole thing
BigBadAl
6/7/12 12:48:38PM

Posted by Bubbles

my picks to advance out of the group stage:
A: Poland and Czech Republic
C: Italy and Spain
d: Sweden and France

My picks

A: Russia and Czech Republic
C: Spain and Ireland
D: France and England

Spain to win it overall......again.
Bubbles
6/10/12 10:41:05PM
so what did we learn today?

Ireland gets wasted during half time. Take note Italy and Spain
Franklinfan47
6/11/12 3:31:53PM

Posted by Bubbles

so what did we learn today?

Ireland gets wasted during half time. Take note Italy and Spain

Gutted Ireland lost yesterday. Plus England only managed a tie with the frogs
Ordep
6/11/12 3:59:35PM
NED better do something against GER
prozacnation1978
6/11/12 5:07:50PM
Shit i just realized I missed France vs England game today
jjeans
6/12/12 2:35:53PM
I know I'm half english half welsh but cause of the welsh hatred for the english and the fact wales haven't progressed. In all soccer/football competitions, Wales is my primary choice if not possible. Russia.
danclarke1992
6/12/12 2:53:26PM

Posted by Ordep

NED better do something against GER

its not looking to good for them at the minute
BigBadAl
6/13/12 8:31:52AM

Posted by jjeans

I know I'm half english half welsh but cause of the welsh hatred for the english and the fact wales haven't progressed. In all soccer/football competitions, Wales is my primary choice if not possible. Russia.

I keep an eye out for the Russians as my great grandad was a ruskie. That being said.......

ENGEEEEERLAAAAND!!
jakewalters
6/13/12 8:41:01AM
Netherlands/Germany today!! HUGE match!

I got the krauts.
Ordep
6/13/12 11:20:43AM

Posted by jakewalters

Netherlands/Germany today!! HUGE match!

I got the krauts.

Gator fan rooting for Germany against Netherlands??

I wish I had my NED jersey for today. However, wearing that around Athens gets you the Tenn./Clemson label
FlashyG
6/13/12 12:51:40PM
Today's game between Portugal and Denmark has been great.

I think I'll be cheering for England to win the tournament though, their national team is due for some success. I don't think I've ever seen them win a tournament.
gartface
6/13/12 1:04:05PM
Viva Espana! Born in Madrid, hold dual citizenship, though cheering for them has lost some luster just due to all the fan boys jumping aboard.

I'd like to see England do well because so many Liverpool players are on the team, but I doubt they'll do much.

And you're right, Flashy. The game today has been awesome.
Ordep
6/13/12 1:10:31PM
i wanted Portugal and NED to win 1-0 today for the 4-way tie final day. Now I want NED to go 4-0 on the Germans
Ordep
6/13/12 6:39:26PM
It's over for me, see you guys in 2014
Bubbles
6/13/12 6:53:42PM
I did not expect the Dutch to lose 2 games, let alone not make it out of the group. I figured they would meet Germany in the semis
FlashyG
6/13/12 9:53:36PM

Posted by Bubbles

I did not expect the Dutch to lose 2 games, let alone not make it out of the group. I figured they would meet Germany in the semis

They're not completely out yet.

They just need to beat Portugal by 2 or more and have Germany beat Denmark
Bubbles
6/13/12 11:01:11PM

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Bubbles

I just realized that while I was in the shower lol
Ordep
6/13/12 11:01:20PM

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Bubbles

Longshot with the way they are playing. I'd start Hunter instead of Van Persie and then do the Afellay sub. with Van Persie coming in for the 2nd to work with Hunter. Either way, IMO Hunter needs more playing time, RVP missed a bunch of early opportunities in both games.
BigBadAl
6/14/12 6:34:14AM

Posted by Ordep

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Bubbles

Longshot with the way they are playing. I'd start Hunter instead of Van Persie and then do the Afellay sub. with Van Persie coming in for the 2nd to work with Hunter. Either way, IMO Hunter needs more playing time, RVP missed a bunch of early opportunities in both games.

You mean Huntelaar? Van Persie has been their only scorer so far and can get goals out of nothing. I would drop Roben for Huntelaar personally as Roben doesn't want to pass and keeps losing the ball. That's why Chelsea sold him all those years ago. Even the Dutch fans joke and say they should give Roben his own ball. Also I would start Van der Vart rather than Van Bommel.
BigBadAl
6/14/12 6:35:47AM

Posted by FlashyG

Today's game between Portugal and Denmark has been great.

I think I'll be cheering for England to win the tournament though, their national team is due for some success. I don't think I've ever seen them win a tournament.

The only tournament we have won is the World Cup in 1966. This is something we like to remind the Scottish about on a regular basis.
Ordep
6/14/12 4:15:12PM

Posted by BigBadAl

You mean Huntelaar? Van Persie has been their only scorer so far and can get goals out of nothing. I would drop Roben for Huntelaar personally as Roben doesn't want to pass and keeps losing the ball. That's why Chelsea sold him all those years ago. Even the Dutch fans joke and say they should give Roben his own ball. Also I would start Van der Vart rather than Van Bommel.

Yep, Hunterlaar. I won't mind starting both of them and seating Robben but I'd rather have of them fresh of the bench in case some miracle is needed later. However a miracle is needed right from the start in the next match so whatever they do to make things different I'd be happy with it.
Franklinfan47
6/15/12 4:33:10PM
If England loses this I'm going to lose what little interest I have left in this tournament.

EDIT: Woooooooooooo
MMAcca
6/15/12 5:15:27PM
England win.

Didn't look great doing it, but a wins a win.
danclarke1992
6/16/12 6:42:22AM
england didnt look great but it was good too see them being able to win from a losing position
MMAcca
6/16/12 4:47:01PM

Posted by danclarke1992

england didnt look great but it was good too see them being able to win from a losing position

Agreed. Nice to see your boy Carroll get on the scoresheet
Pages: [1] 2