Tyson Griffin = Automatic Decision

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Tyson Griffin = Automatic Decision
pdanke
7/7/08 2:31:37AM
Not discounting the quality of opponents that Griffin has faced, but who here is sick of Tyson Griffin decisions?

He had Aurelio clearly hurt and outside of his gameplan, but still has been unable to finish a fight in almost 2 years.... how does this make him a lightweight belt contender?

Granted he is a great lightweight, but seriously..... he needs a solid stoppage win to cement any contention for a belt. Did I honestly hear Rogan say he was a future hall-of-famer? A little early there pal.....

Whaddya all think here?
Pookie
7/7/08 2:33:58AM
It doesnt matter to me if the fight is finished, as it usually is a credit to the other guy. I dont see why people hate decisions so much... some of the best fights go to decision.
joshryanshepherd
7/7/08 2:37:06AM
i know what you mean man, i hate them, and what i hate even more is that he gets almost every f**ckin fight of the night award!! he didnt get it last night but still... and the reason the best fights are usually ended with decision is because fans do like to see the fighters fight for a while....
Khaos
7/7/08 2:37:27AM
I completely agree

If David Lee is the only person he stopped(UFC 63) how is a top fighter???

Some people want to see fights finished, not most decisons, although there are plenty of good fights that go the distance, he's not in them.

So I have Nickname for him

Tyson "Decison" Griffin
sammyd1213
7/7/08 2:43:34AM
Tyson Griffin is a helluva fighter. I think he is overrated however. I scored the Clay Guida, Frank Edgar, and Gleison Tibau fights against him. He is a good fighter in division that is extremely talented. I dont see him beating Florian, Stvenson or Huerta, and definitley not BJ.
ill_cut_ya
7/7/08 4:35:32AM
all he needs is a bit more power he just cant seem to put them away
Matimus
7/7/08 6:19:11AM
awesome fighter. but his size is more suited for 145.
jgtribbett
7/7/08 7:14:33AM

Posted by pdanke

Not discounting the quality of opponents that Griffin has faced, but who here is sick of Tyson Griffin decisions?

He had Aurelio clearly hurt and outside of his gameplan, but still has been unable to finish a fight in almost 2 years.... how does this make him a lightweight belt contender?

Granted he is a great lightweight, but seriously..... he needs a solid stoppage win to cement any contention for a belt. Did I honestly hear Rogan say he was a future hall-of-famer? A little early there pal.....

Whaddya all think here?

i am, i was drunk and bitching about then all saturday night haha.
Jackelope
7/7/08 8:13:43AM
As long as he's putting on fights like Griffin vs. Guida it's not really a big deal to me. He's very exciting and he tends to bring out the best in opponents with good wrestling.

He won't win the belt any time soon, so don't worry about that.
Gipper
7/7/08 8:55:00AM

Posted by Pookie

It doesnt matter to me if the fight is finished, as it usually is a credit to the other guy. I dont see why people hate decisions so much... some of the best fights go to decision.

thank you very much.

tyson griffin is one of the best fighters in the ufc. every fight he's in is exciting. give the guy some credit. he's only 24 and almost at the top of his division. i don't think rogan was to far off by saying he's a future hall of famer. especially if he keeps getting better like he has been.
ufcboss
7/7/08 9:31:46AM
His 'decision' against Thiago Tavares was one of the best fights ever, The way he frickin stood up twice and got out of sub's, I dont care a bit if he cant finish!

KYGUY07
7/7/08 9:49:38AM
Im really not a fan of Tyson Griffin, I think he used to beexciting, but I thought his last to fights were really boring, and yeah some of the best fights do go to decison, but it would be nice to see him finish somebody for once. I think he is highly overrated, and I dont believe he will ever be champ.
bullettdodger
7/7/08 12:19:23PM
He is the only guy to hold a victory of Faber... i'd say he isn't over rated. I don't think he would beat BJ, but anyone think he could take it to decision. Whatever happens in Tyson's career, he'll always have the Faber rematch opportunity.
mkiv9secsupra
7/7/08 12:28:51PM
You could say the same about Sherk......he doesnt finish fights but he sure as hell is a top 5 at 155. Tyson is very well rounded and is a tough fight for a lot of fighters.
Twenty20Dollars
7/7/08 12:59:35PM
I mean i dont like tyson griffin but i will tell you this, tyson is more deserving of a title shot than machida.

you guys want to give machida and title shot and not tyson. tyson has put on better fights than machida has.

i'd rather see tyson get a title shot who has actually put on FOTN fights and faced top guys unlike machida.
fonduktoe
7/7/08 3:33:20PM
something is wrong with what you're doing as a fighter if you are unable to ever finish your fights
i agree that griffin is good but he needs to start finishing fights if he wants to be a belt contender
atleast he's more exciting to watch than lyoto machida but a fighter who is set to auto decision wears thin after awhile
Franklinfan47
7/7/08 5:34:29PM
Why does he need to finish a fight? His fights are always awesome and in most of them he is always dominating. If thats what it takes to win, then so be it. Get off the guys back already.
Violence108
7/7/08 5:43:34PM
its seems that way, he always says that he just wants the "w", but i mean in that fight with Aurelio was gas he should have just pushed the pace even more and broke him and got a TKO but Tyson just wants the win
RandyCouture
7/7/08 5:52:07PM
Tyson Griffen sneaks out decisoins and i lost a bunch of real money against him lol. So i guess hes gotta be good
ThaAxeMurderer7
7/7/08 6:30:21PM

Posted by Khaos

I completely agree

If David Lee is the only person he stopped(UFC 63) how is a top fighter???

Some people want to see fights finished, not most decisons, although there are plenty of good fights that go the distance, he's not in them.

So I have Nickname for him

Tyson "Decison" Griffin

How is he a top fighter you ask?
With wins over Urijah Faber, Duane Ludwig, Gleison Tibau, Clay Guida, Marcus Aurelio, and Thiago Tavares who are also pretty decent. And don't tell me that Faber would destroy Griffin now because he's better. Tyson is better now as well. He puts on some exciting fights and he may not be deserving of a title shot right now but if he keeps winning then you have to give it to him. I don't get it sometimes. Roger Huerta gets so much love from everybody sometimes yet Tyson has beaten more quality opponents.
FrankTheTank1181
7/7/08 7:40:46PM

Posted by ufcboss

His 'decision' against Thiago Tavares was one of the best fights ever, The way he frickin stood up twice and got out of sub's, :I dont care a bit if he cant finish!

I bet his girlfriend cares
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
7/8/08 2:56:22AM
Gleison Tibuea beat him...I'll take that opinion to the grave.