Two Hall of Fame inductees confirmed!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Two Hall of Fame inductees confirmed!
BrutalKnockOut
7/6/09 10:33:36PM
Two UFC Hall of Fame Inductees are confirmed!

Dana White himself confirms the two newest inductees into the UFC Hall of Fame!
Drudinh
7/6/09 10:42:40PM
What about Tanner?
grappler0000
7/6/09 10:47:29PM
Nothing too shocking here.
mshalosky
7/6/09 10:49:30PM
i figured tanner
but still good choices hughes and tanner probably are next
i wonder if if frank shamrock or tito will every make it with the ufcs biased opinions probably not but they both deserve it.
glad to see mask made it
chuckw94
7/6/09 10:54:26PM
two great choices. Liddell is arguably the greatest UFC fighter of all time. and Mask has done more for the sport and the fighters than almost anyone. it would be hard to beat out one of these two. especially at UFC 100. great picks UFC i don't know why they just don't do three and add Tanner.
xAcidburNx
7/7/09 12:31:27AM
imo only fighters should be inducted into the hall of fame. this is mma not the clothing business. only people i ever see wearing tap out are punk wannabee's who think it makes em look tough. tap out is the biggest punch line among my gym mates. especially after they came out with the new commercial that says "its not just about wearing a Tshirt". it was as if they knew they were being made fun of and had to make theyre own version of a press release before it got outa hand
fizzle
7/7/09 12:41:56AM
Not a surprise, I'd still like to see Jens and Tanner in there though.
MMAcca
7/7/09 1:05:56AM
Good choices imo. Although i get the feeling Chuck's inclusion is maybe to help him decide to retire.
prozacnation1978
7/7/09 1:13:05AM
should have been tanner and mask
lidell is still active doesn't make sense, dana sure likes to put salt on people's wounds
MMAcca
7/7/09 1:24:04AM
I still think it should be Helio Gracie along with Mask.
xphycorx
7/7/09 1:46:47AM
i can't believe war machine wasn't one of the inductees!! this is so disappointing!!
gnl68
7/7/09 5:13:58AM
As with other hall of fames,not just fighters are inducted.Promoters,managers,refs,and people who have contributed to the sport deserve to be inducted.
RearNakedJoke
7/7/09 5:23:13AM

should have been tanner and mask lidell is still active doesn't make sense, dana sure likes to put salt on people's wounds

Coleman was inducted and announced he was fighting brock lesnar immediately after. Royce was inducted and said he wanted another fight. lidell definitely deserves it and they really need an inductee that can accept on their own behalf. maybe he will announce an equally ludicrous match up.

tanner could have been added as a third i guess but i'm sure he will be down the road.
theguido
7/7/09 7:55:15AM

Posted by xAcidburNx

imo only fighters should be inducted into the hall of fame. this is mma not the clothing business. only people i ever see wearing tap out are punk wannabee's who think it makes em look tough. tap out is the biggest punch line among my gym mates. especially after they came out with the new commercial that says "its not just about wearing a Tshirt". it was as if they knew they were being made fun of and had to make theyre own version of a press release before it got outa hand

Tapout has done a bunch for the sport and helped a lot of fighters get there start when they had nothing. So even though Tapout might be a joke to you and your gym, ther are other people that got there start from tapout so I think in the sense of support for the sport of MMA Mask defintely deserves a spot.
sparky
7/7/09 11:10:19AM
CHUCKY