Two fight Im not sure about at ufc 115

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Two fight Im not sure about at ufc 115
Taylor8766
6/7/10 8:25:10PM
The first is Cro Cop/Barry, Im leaning towards Barry in this fight, hes a good kickboxer and his fast for his size, also can take a punch, then again Cro Cop looked great in his last fight and if he comes to fight like he did in his last one I could see him winning, but its a tough call.

Also Gilbert Yvel/Ben Rothwell, having a real trouble picking this one I can either see Yvel destroying Rothwell or Rothwell eeking out a decision, I picked Rothwell via UD but im sure that will change as the week goes on.

Your Thoughts?
Bloodhound
6/7/10 9:06:08PM
I think Barry is gonna T/KO Cro Crop, sure Cro Cop looked good in his last fight but he fought Anthony Perosh who I believe came in on like one weeks notice? Barry is much younger and entering his prime imo where as Cro Cop is past his prime.

I agree that the Yvel/Rothwell fight is a tough one to pick. I have Yvel by T/KO but it wouldnt surprise me to see Rothwell win by decision
sbulldavid
6/7/10 9:25:03PM
I think CroCop has one last good fight left in him, i think that this fight is taylor made for him, Rothwell should have no problem submitting Yvel and it's unlikely that Yvel will knock Rothwell out.
Chael_Sonnen
6/8/10 12:07:03AM

Posted by Bloodhound

I think Barry is gonna T/KO Cro Crop, sure Cro Cop looked good in his last fight but he fought Anthony Perosh who I believe came in on like one weeks notice? Barry is much younger and entering his prime imo where as Cro Cop is past his prime.

I agree that the Yvel/Rothwell fight is a tough one to pick. I have Yvel by T/KO but it wouldnt surprise me to see Rothwell win by decision

Same here on the Yvel/Rothwell fight....I'm picking Gilbert but wouldn't be surprised if Ben picked up the victory....I also have Barry by TKO.

Kampmann/Paulo fight is another tough one.....coin flip on this one....going with Paulo.

jiujitsufreak74
6/8/10 2:12:54AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Kampmann/Paulo fight is another tough one.....coin flip on this one....going with Paulo.

you know, i don't really find the Kampmann/Thiago fight too hard to pick. but the more everyone keeps talking about how hard of a time they are having with it i am starting to second guess myself haha. but seriously, if you don't mind, can you tell me what is making it so hard for you...like how are you appoaching this fight. imo, Kampmann has somewhat of a questionable chin (and i'm not just talking about the Daley and Marquardt fights) and i think that Thiago, who gave John Fitch fits on the ground, can effectively trade with Kampmann and if need be control him on the mat. i am aware of Kampmann's striking pedigree, but Thiago has shown that he can counter with the best of them imo.
prozacnation1978
6/8/10 5:57:50PM
hardest for me may be condit vs mcdonald

i am leaning toward rothwell he has a heavy chin

but barry vs cro cop is a toss up i keep picking cro cop all the time if he fights the way he did against perosh he will get knocked out