Take two for Dennis Kang

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Take two for Dennis Kang
Wolfenstein
4/8/09 12:23:49PM
fractured his ankle on the first day of training in December for his fight with Alan Belcher and to struggled to get three weeks in before the fight.

His performance was less than what was expected of a guy who for years has been regarded among the world’s finest middleweights.

link
KaibaThedon
4/8/09 1:13:57PM
lost a lot of money after he got guillotined by the talent...

can he pull out a UD victory at 97?
sparky
4/8/09 1:34:53PM
I hope Kang does well!!!!
Gladiator
4/8/09 2:03:25PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

His performance was less than what was expected of a guy who for years has been regarded among the world’s finest middleweights.

I thought he was doing very well in that fight up until he got guillotined in the 3rd round
wiggum
4/8/09 2:38:15PM
that article seems to be written by a guy who didnt even see the fight......kang was winning that fight, he was landing on the standup (agaisnt the striker), he was scoring takedowns and ground and pound.....he was well on his way to a win...the ankle didnt really factor in except maybe in a loss of punching power, but belcher is hard to ko and i doubt he would be able to do it healthy....no, the reason kang lost that fight is cuz he lost a moment of concentration and went for a cross body takedown (which in my book is the dumbest takedown in mma cuz it leaves you open to guard control and multiple submissions during the takedown) and left his neck out.....funny thing was, it wasnt the first cross body takedown he landed in the fight, so maybe he got cocky and thought he could pull it off again......the most the ankle did in that takedown is take training time away from him for his coaches to tell him not to do it, but at his experience level and bjj black belt experience, he shouldve known a bit better