Two more days til UFC 78, whos ordering it for sure??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Two more days til UFC 78, whos ordering it for sure??
POLL: PLease confirm with me are you ordering UFC 78??
Yes 65% (30)
NO 35% (16)
ricoj3323
11/15/07 1:34:51PM
we got 2 days and counting till ufc 78, I want to know whos all ordering it for sure not no maybes.
Salty
11/15/07 1:50:18PM
I was going to seeing as I didn't have the cash to go down with everyone from my gym to go cheer on J-Lau, But my buddy's band just released their CD and are playing a big show that night too, so I told them I would be there, I'll most likely order the re-run of it.
Kainlock
11/15/07 2:36:13PM
I ordered the combo pak so I get UFC 77,78 and 79.
szucconi
11/15/07 2:39:25PM
I said no because I WILL BE THERE LIVE. no ordering needed.
thepunisher
11/15/07 2:49:55PM
I said no because i have soemthign else going on that night
SpiderSilva
11/15/07 2:57:33PM
yes sir

sittin down with a beer and some wings

and watch Bisbing suprise everyone with the win
mk1630
11/15/07 3:01:12PM
Im definatley watchin it like every other one. By the way evans is gunna kill bisbing.
jocka
11/15/07 4:02:03PM
For sure i am and not for the main event i just want to see houston alexander knock somedoy out again
prozacnation1978
11/15/07 6:43:32PM
i usually see them at my bosses house but even he isn't paying for the fights, i don't get pay per view which sucks so either my mom's house or girlfriends which should be interesting.
DustinT
11/15/07 6:52:45PM
hooters.

oh well.
Kastro
11/15/07 7:25:58PM
The card IMO is lacking a main event, Bisping vs Evans is not a main event IMO.. or at least not a main event that I am going to shell out $39.99 + applicable taxes for.

My plans for saturday night is to probably go to one of the local bars/restaurants that show it on the big screen and spend my $39.99 on some beer and pizza instead yet still enjoy the live UFC action :D

UFC 79 I will most definitely be ordering at home!
postman
11/15/07 7:47:34PM
It is mine and my wifes 7th Anniversary and we always go out to our fav. spot for dinner. They will not be getting the fight and I'm not sure if anywhere around there is getting it so I will have to catch a replay or something!
warglory
11/15/07 8:24:40PM
Is your special dinner place Shogun?
buckndro
11/15/07 8:31:21PM
are u kiddin acourse im goin order it! see houston knock out another an rashad but the wippins to bis!
mrmataleo
11/15/07 10:43:48PM
I really wasn't sure at first. But i did a little research on the card on sherdog and google and found that this card wasnt that bad. Yeah it doesnt have a big main event but the card as a whole should be decently exciting.

These sites had some good coverage on the card.

mmaweekly.com
sherdog.com
mannpill.com
Scott_Revels
11/15/07 11:33:31PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

yes sir

sittin down with a beer and some wings

and watch Bisbing suprise everyone with the win

SpiderSilva's season record is: 24-16

Oh! That's why he thinks Bisping will win.. He doesn't know better.. lol.. Evans will teach not only Bisping, but you a very valuable lesson.

(I'm really just joking, I do think Evans will win, but that's cool if you think Bisping can beat him.)

By the way. I said no, because Fight2live.net, and the good people of TVUPlayer will be ordering the PPV for me.
hippysmacker
11/15/07 11:34:37PM
I have to say I'm surprised that anyone on this sight isn't gonna order it. I've used this example in the past, but I thought Pride 33 was a substandard card on paper, but it turned out to be on the most exciting cards in MMA history IMO. I guess I just figured the people on this sight were all die hards, but my definition may not be the same as everyone else's. As a die hard myself I watch all the free MMA that I can, and order the Bigger promotions PPV's . I am a die hard NFL fan, and will watch any 2 teams if they're on TV. A buddy of mine , who is also a NFL die hard, has a brother that only watches Redskins games and the post season. To me he is more a die hard Redskin fan than a pro football fan. While I wouldn't order something like a KOTV PPV, as least I've never seen a card in the last few years worth 40 bucks to me, I've never seen a UFC PPV since MMA got big that wasn't worth it. To me KOTC and other smaller promotions are like College football. I watch UCLA, and some of the bigger games, but don't plan my day around it like I do with the NFL or UFC. In my case , since usually 8 to 10 people split the cost, it isn't really a financial burden . I almost didn't order the PPV headlined by Franklin/Okami and Forrest / Ramirez, but the Griffin /Guida fight alone was worth it, and it was pretty entertaining overall IMO.So I guess MMA is different because PPV's aren't part of a normal TV bill. To each his own though , and I also don't know everyones financial situation.
CornishMMA
11/16/07 6:44:41AM

Posted by mrmataleo

I really wasn't sure at first. But i did a little research on the card on sherdog and google and found that this card wasnt that bad. Yeah it doesnt have a big main event but the card as a whole should be decently exciting.

These sites had some good coverage on the card.

mmaweekly.com
sherdog.com
mannpill.com

yep thats some good stuff there dude, and to anyone who hasnt done like this chap and come to the revelation it will be a great event then if you tards need title fights and star names for an event to be great then you arent real fans of the sport, sorry but its true

Here in the UK we get all these US events for free (albeit on a 18 hour delay) but even if we didnt i would pay £20 ($40) for each event, if this is the worst UFC event they ever put on then im a happy boy as long as i live
Franklinfan47
11/16/07 10:54:22AM
I wont be ordering, not worth the money to me I'll be getting 79 for sure though.
Round1
11/16/07 1:57:18PM
Saturday is my GF's bday. But we are trying to get her favorite bar to order the fight If not, then I will just watch it at work on Monday.