Two Criticisms

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Two Criticisms
TimW001
6/12/10 5:32:10PM
1. The order of the fights on the Upcoming Events page has never made sense.

2. I would like to have a fight companion option so that I can print it out without the pictures. (Saving me ink)
grappler0000
6/12/10 5:59:48PM
I know it would be easier if there was an option to exclude the pictures, but there are a couple of things that come to mind that would work without too much effort.

1. Copy and past the entire page to a plain text editor, such as notepad in Windows, and print.

2. Temporarily block images on that page until you've printed them.
postman
6/12/10 6:08:17PM

Posted by TimW001

1. The order of the fights on the Upcoming Events page has never made sense.

Not sure I understand? Not that I could change it lol.
jae_1833
6/12/10 7:05:08PM
I just use a pen and an index card. I use nearly no ink, none at all when I use a pencil!
hippysmacker
6/12/10 7:23:44PM
the order of the fights is based on when I put them in the computer and grappler covered the ink saving one. If you have a suggestion or question just e-mail me in the future.
TimW001
6/12/10 8:37:29PM

Posted by hippysmacker

the order of the fights is based on when I put them in the computer and grappler covered the ink saving one. If you have a suggestion or question just e-mail me in the future.

I just gave you some constructive criticism for your website, why would you shoot me down like that? If I have two complaints, then that means other people have the same complaints. And new users probably would have similar complains. So just consider my points, I've been holding them back since I signed up on this sight and didn't think I would have to point them out.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/13/10 1:09:42AM
Dude, I don't think he was putting you down. I think he was saying that PM'ing a Mod or an Admin about your concerns will still get them heard. I understand that you placed them on the forum to see what others think but I definitely feel you could have phrased this thread a little more tact. Maybe titling the thread "A Couple of Suggestions for the Site" would have read a little better. Straight up saying "I'm gonna be critical of a site which is ran an operated at no charge to me" reads rather nit-picky. I'm not talking down to you or flaming you, just offering my opinion about how it looked when I read it.

ncordless
6/13/10 1:11:00AM

Posted by TimW001

Posted by hippysmacker

I just gave you some constructive criticism for your website, why would you shoot me down like that? If I have two complaints, then that means other people have the same complaints. And new users probably would have similar complains. So just consider my points, I've been holding them back since I signed up on this sight and didn't think I would have to point them out.

Your second criticism was addressed very well by grappler... copy and paste bro.

Your first criticism is taken but hippy gave you the reason for how it works.

So you got a good solution to one of your problems. Do you really think the order of the picks is worth getting upset?

EDIT: hippy was just stating the rules:

16. If you have a problem, correction, or suggestion please contact the ADMIN.
jjeans
6/16/10 7:40:07PM
1 the order is based on which matches are made first.
If a match is removed and then readded it will be found at the bottom of the list, longest lasting matches (first announced match ups) will be found at the top

2 i think other people have helped you out
hate4thestate
6/16/10 11:27:33PM
just to add...

i also think the order of the fights being in order would be nice. its not to important but i think it would help alot when im looking at the companion instead of searching for it. but once again not to big of a deal.
strongmma
6/26/10 6:14:49AM
My complaint -

Can you leave the frigging companion alone until the event(s) are actually over?
Rush
6/26/10 11:20:57AM

Posted by hate4thestate

just to add...

i also think the order of the fights being in order would be nice. its not to important but i think it would help alot when im looking at the companion instead of searching for it. but once again not to big of a deal.

I'll try to elaborate because I have actually updated the fight page in the past.

To set up a fight for a particular event, admins select the fighters, rounds, event, etc. from a series of pull downs. The fights are added in the order in which they are announced. Usually these are the main events because these are the fights that sell cards. That is why main events are at the top.

Now, most of the time, we do not know the order of the fights in which they will be televised and remember the events are locked hours before they begin.

Now, because of the way the site and pick entries are set up, in order to reorder a set of fights on the fight companion, fights will have the be all deleted and readded. What this will do is null everyone's picks and they will have to repick.

I don't see the big deal with the order of the fights. It's not like it is a hard or time consuming thing to do between fights. There is plenty of time in between fights for people to find the next fight on their list, take a piss, get a beer, go for a smoke, jack off, or do whatever they like to do in between fights.
emfleek
6/26/10 12:39:40PM

Posted by strongmma

My complaint -

Can you leave the frigging companion alone until the event(s) are actually over?

It's a conspiracy. We're out to ruin your day.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/26/10 4:32:01PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by hate4thestate

just to add...

I'll try to elaborate because I have actually updated the fight page in the past.

To set up a fight for a particular event, admins select the fighters, rounds, event, etc. from a series of pull downs. The fights are added in the order in which they are announced. Usually these are the main events because these are the fights that sell cards. That is why main events are at the top.

Now, most of the time, we do not know the order of the fights in which they will be televised and remember the events are locked hours before they begin.

Now, because of the way the site and pick entries are set up, in order to reorder a set of fights on the fight companion, fights will have the be all deleted and readded. What this will do is null everyone's picks and they will have to repick.

I don't see the big deal with the order of the fights. It's not like it is a hard or time consuming thing to do between fights. There is plenty of time in between fights for people to find the next fight on their list, take a piss, get a beer, go for a smoke, jack off, or do whatever they like to do in between fights.

Well said, sir. They have more than enough time to throw sex in there as well.
BigBadAl
7/4/10 12:22:55PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Rush

Posted by hate4thestate

just to add...

Well said, sir. They have more than enough time to throw sex in there as well.

Speak for yourself mate.
BlueSkiesBurn
7/4/10 4:23:39PM
Sorry you're not getting laid.
prozacnation1978
7/27/10 12:42:20PM
I don't mind at all but was thinking that maybe the hot bout should be the main event of each fight card, yes. Some may be easy. But when a fight goes 5 rounds. It does get your. Brain going what round and what finish. Could be harder.
But just. A suggestion, I like the hot bout. I focus a lot of attention picking that fight