Twitter reactions

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Twitter reactions
FastKnockout
8/23/12 5:29:21PM
Twitter reactions from fighters and MMA personalities on the UFC 151 issue.

LINK
Budgellism
8/23/12 5:35:53PM
I'm sorry Bendo but wtf are you talking about? Jones screwed up and it's pretty obvious.

Looks like Bones' teammate Henry Martinez is pretty upset with him.
prozacnation1978
8/23/12 6:04:30PM
Wonder what rashad Evans has to say
FastKnockout
8/23/12 6:08:17PM

Posted by Budgellism

I'm sorry Bendo but wtf are you talking about? Jones screwed up and it's pretty obvious.

It's funny because Jones and Bendo are alike in a lot of ways. Doesn't surprise me he's sticking up for him.
Shawn91111
8/23/12 6:08:53PM
Josh Barnett for the win
Poor_Franklin
8/23/12 6:23:35PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Budgellism

It's funny because Jones and Bendo are alike in a lot of ways. Doesn't surprise me he's sticking up for him.

in fairness to bendo, he has been retweeting comments from his fans from both sides of the argument. I think he is taking up for a friend more than agreeing w/ the actions. Doesn't make it right. Just my .02

The undercard fighter's tweets really are saddening.
prophecy033
8/23/12 6:53:01PM
1) King Mo, shut the fuck up.....just zip it "homie"
2) Bendo, zip it as well, I know your trying to be nice and all but I thought you sounded dumb.
3) Barnett was on the money and funny to boot
4) Pelligrino speaking the truth

With how worried Jones is about his image, he sure is fucking it up.

Greg Jackson is quickly starting to rival M-1 as far as ruining his fighters images
State_Champ
8/23/12 7:35:17PM
I wish Jones had accepted a different fight, but I don't blame him for the cancellation of the event.

Jones didn't injure Hendo's knee (if anyone, Hendo is likely to blame for that issue).
Jones did not cancel the event, that was the UFC's decision, I think.

I can see why, from a fan perspective, people would be mad a Jones for not taking another fight, but I do not understand why all the blame for the cancellation seems to fall on him?
infestructure
8/23/12 7:44:37PM
Please take the Sonnen fight Jones - What madman would rather fight a fully trained and motivated Hendo than an out of shape Sonnen?
Either that or Hendo needs to shoot himself up with adrenaline and fight with a torn MCL

Also - Lawal and Bendo need to be more colorblind. This isn't the OJ case and this is 2012... get with it.
Gogoplatapus
8/23/12 7:56:01PM
So Benson, you're telling me if the New England Patriots could take on the Saskatchewan Rough Riders for the Superbowl they'd turn that down?

Holla.
postman
8/23/12 8:26:56PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

So Benson, you're telling me if the New England Patriots could take on the Saskatchewan Rough Riders for the Superbowl they'd turn that down?

Holla.

Thats what Im thinking. We had badmitton players losing to play a weaker team lol. I liked Nick Lentz reaction.
Franklinfan47
8/23/12 9:13:43PM
Feel real bad for the under card fighters Bones just couldnt man up
MALICE
8/23/12 10:47:23PM
King Mo appears to be trying really hard to save his image. Bendo seems to think a Superbowl team would allow the Superbowl to be cancelled rather than compete against the most widely accepted replacement. I am not liking the attitudes of many of these "New Breed" of fighters. How many current and past champions can you name who would refuse a fight and allow a card to be cancelled.

Jones
Possibly Bendo
bjj1605
8/24/12 12:16:55AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Josh Barnett for the win

His were funny.

But I think Nick Lentz capture the situation the best.
MMAcca
8/24/12 12:27:14AM
Some tweets of note:

Jones said he's not fighting chael on 8 days notice. I did. .... Just sayin
— michael (@bisping) August 23, 2012

Wait am I not fighting?? Please say it ain't so I got bills to pay @ufc !
— Jeff Hougland (@JeffHougland) August 23, 2012

@jonnybones Can I at least get one of your new Nike T-shirts? I'll give it to my kid since I won't have any money for her school clothes.
— Jeff Hougland (@JeffHougland) August 23, 2012

Very very sad for other fighters who were on the card of UFC 151 ! I know how much its cost with money and time to prepare for a fight !
— patrick cote (@patrick_cote) August 23, 2012

Me n @rick_story took a fight on 24 hrs norice!!Champ what?!?! @ufc
— Charlie Brenneman (@SpaniardMMA) August 23, 2012

@jonnybones u can send my check to PO box 198. EH NJ. Rent is due the first, so preferably by then. Thanks. @ufc
— Charlie Brenneman (@SpaniardMMA) August 23, 2012
MMAcca
8/24/12 12:29:18AM
Some of these tweets really hit home about the situation these fighters are facing. This wasn't just about Jones, also about the turmoil he has caused by not accepting a fight.

More tweets:

yes. He is to blame. "@raisedright: @aaronsimpson you’re the only fighter I follow Can you blame jones for turning down the fight?"
— Aaron Simpson (@aaronsimpson) August 23, 2012

Im no longer fighting. the whole @ufc 151 card is cancelled. Sorry to all fans who bought flight, hotel, and fight tickets. #heartbroken
— Kyle Noke (@KyleNoke) August 23, 2012

I train my ass off I sacrifice myself&my family and my fights get canceled and sponsors bullshit me and don't pay. #UFC151canceled #livid
— Henry Martinez (@HenryMartinez83) August 23, 2012

Not only am out a paycheck I pay $1300 for my family 2 come 2 my fight now Delta Airlines will not change their flights except for $800 more
— Henry Martinez (@HenryMartinez83) August 23, 2012
MMAcca
8/24/12 12:31:53AM
Hard to argue in favour of Jones when you read some of these fighter's tweets:

I am so livid right now I was the biggest Jon jones fan but not anymore that guy is bad for the sport his fans and other fighters he doesn't
— john albert (@UFCPrinceAlbert) August 23, 2012

Understand or forgot what it's like being a lower ranked fighter like me or @jeffhougland who make pennies compared to him and fighting is

Our livelihood and we survive by fighting and all the hard work those 20 other fighters put in are goin to waste utterly discusted

This doesn't just affect the fighters:

People coming to my show at Mandalay Bay on Friday the 31st- because of the UFC canceling the event, Mandalay is canceling the show as well.
— Joe Rogan (@joerogan) August 23, 2012
MMAcca
8/24/12 12:34:50AM

Just heard the news. I got flights, hotels, tons of stuff I have 2 take care of. Just finished my last hard practice. Hope it's not true.
— Shane Roller (@shaneroller) August 23, 2012

@jonnybones is a fraud. He's all about his $$ but he won't take a fight with @sonnench who would bring in WAY more $$? He's scared, period.
— Michael Chiesa (@MikeMav22) August 23, 2012

99.999% of @ufc fighters will be "company men" and help our organization if needed. @sonnench is a company man, @jonnybones is selfish.
— Michael Chiesa (@MikeMav22) August 23, 2012

Couple of fighters volunteered to fight Jones, aswell as Sonnen & Weidman:

Ok fine I'll step at fight jones it will be my light heavyweight debut, no sense and canceling a whole show... @ufc #Letsgo
— Jamie Varner (@jamievarner) August 23, 2012

Just so people know I'm ready to step in & fight Jon Jones next week it saves me cutting weight on sep 29th lol #JustSaying #GypsyJiuJitsu
— John Maguire (@MaguireTheOne) August 23, 2012
MMAcca
8/24/12 12:36:26AM

Update: UFC 152 on September 22 will remain named UFC 152. UFC 151 will simply not happen. @arielhelwani remains good at math.
— UFC (@ufc) August 23, 2012

Things that people learned today:Chael @sonnench is the man! A lot of people will be losing money. Jon Jones doesn't give a shit.
— Vinny Magalhaes (@VinnyMMA) August 23, 2012

Times up
— chael sonnen (@sonnench) August 23, 2012
Adrenaline
8/24/12 12:40:46AM
Hougland's comment about his girl's school clothes cut deep, that one stung me.

Barnett's quip about wrecking 3 more Bentley's was hilarious.

Not a fan of DC but he gained some points offering to whoop on Jones after Mir.
MMAcca
8/24/12 12:44:16AM

Posted by Adrenaline

Me too. Not a nice thought at all.

Who's going to pay Charlie Brenneman's rent also ?
cowcatcher
8/24/12 3:40:39AM
I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Jackson's tomorrow when Henry Martinez walks in there and sees Jones. Nice teammate...

Pretty sure Noke trains there too.
infestructure
8/24/12 5:11:42AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Adrenaline

Me too. Not a nice thought at all.

Who's going to pay Charlie Brenneman's rent also ?

Jones should pay up, at least give 'em a pair of Nikes . I really feel for Houghland and the rest of the fighters, sucks to be them.
aussiemma
8/24/12 8:00:11AM
im still a fan of jones but can he now be regarded as the most hated man in mma ? who else is there ?
airkerma
8/24/12 11:06:01AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Josh Barnett for the win

MMAcca
8/24/12 2:02:02PM

Posted by cowcatcher

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Jackson's tomorrow when Henry Martinez walks in there and sees Jones. Nice teammate...

Pretty sure Noke trains there too.

And Diego Sanchez.

Diego has been savage in his criticism of not only Jones, but Greg Jackson too........