UFC Twitter mania

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC Twitter mania
the_01
12/14/09 10:23:25PM
Im sorry, but I still dont get it, why is UFC promoting twitter this much. They keep repeating again and again the Dana twitter and Rogan and others. I myself cant twitter and keep the hype watching the event, it just dosnt work, atleast for me. So could someone please explain the Twitter promotion thing going for the UFC (Just Curious)> Thank you.
grappler0000
12/14/09 10:34:02PM
Whether there is a business connection with Twitter or not, I can't be sure. I do know that Dana is really liking the way Twitter helps him interact with the fans though...it seems to be really growing on him.
RearNakedJoke
12/14/09 10:34:51PM
its more that ufc is using twitter to promote themselves. its easy for dana to send a text message to twitter and directly interact with fans. watch his vlogs and see how many people show up when fatboy tweets hes at pink berry.
grappler0000
12/14/09 11:11:14PM

Posted by RearNakedJoke

its more that ufc is using twitter to promote themselves. its easy for dana to send a text message to twitter and directly interact with fans. watch his vlogs and see how many people show up when fatboy tweets hes at pink berry.

Yep, and look at the success of his vlog...twitter gives the benefit of communicating instantly with the fans.
scoozna
12/14/09 11:49:47PM
It's sort-of a way to make fans feel directly connected to the UFC. It's not only Dana and Joe, but lots of fighters too. Some of them are worth following (Joe Lauzon) and some are not (Forrest Griffen).
Ordep
12/15/09 12:08:33AM
Dana and Rogan give away tickets there, for 107 Joe gave 2 and Dana gave 75.... worth following.

I created an account so I can follow all my sports in a single webpage.

Jason Miller and Shane Carwin use it a lot
marcoDGK
12/15/09 12:51:18AM
I follow Dana White, Joe Rogan, Jake Shields and Shane Carwin. Dana White has been giving away tickets for the last couple of UFC events. Joe Rogan talks about his upcoming comedy shows, MMA stuff and some of his political views. Jake Shields doesn't twitter as much but I just started following him since I hear he talks ish before his fights/after. Shane Carwin plugs a lot of places but also does give away stuff and MMA news of course.
For the most part they all talk about interesting stuff they are doing. During an event they most up little comments about what they thought about the fight. If the even is pre-aired they don't twitter spoilers but they will give you a heads up on a fight you shouldn't miss. Joe Rogan twittered pictures of Rumbles thumb going into Kos eye and talked about that opening on twitter.

I guess a lot of the fun is not for people that only use their twitter on the computer. I use it on my phone and I get live updates to my phone. Aside from following these guys, my friends are on there and it's fun to keep up with my friends also.

it's just another thing to do on a phone that is entertaining and distracting.