Another twist ufc 85 leben vs bisping ... ???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Another twist ufc 85 leben vs bisping ... ???
keith-hackney1
4/25/08 3:59:31PM
http://www.mmaontap.com/mma/entry/report-leben-bisping-likely-at-ufc-85/

Wow, i really wanna see this, that card needs a huge revamp with liddell now out. Dana's back up of matt hughes vs thiago alves plus the huge possibility of bisping vs leben, card would be totally redeemed.

Bisping at middleweight, we all want more, this quick ??? I hope this fight is finalized asap !!!!!
Enaoslm
4/25/08 4:17:10PM
I was very depressed after i heard Liddell had pulled out, but all of a sudden things are looking up, thank god!!!

2 good replacement fights. Look forward to seeing Bisping again at MWT. Leben is a dangerous fight to take though, not sure Bisping could finsh him. Probably have to rely on points decision.

Hughes v's Alves is also very exciting. Has Hughes still got the fire in his belly to rise up the rankings again? I suspect we'll see him fade away now starting with a lose to Alves. Hope not though as I'd still really like to see Hughes v's Serra.
keith-hackney1
4/25/08 4:19:57PM
I think hughes will eek out a win, also as for bisping, i see him him beating leben with some vicious knee strikes !!!!
wolfman
4/25/08 4:51:38PM
Vicious knee strikes, come on get creative. Just because he recently dispatched Charles with knees doesn't mean he will do the same with Leben. Hell, Charles took quite a few knees before he finally went down. No doubt Bisping looked good at 185, but I still don't think he has enough power to put Leben away. Leben's hard dome will be un-phased by whatever Bisping throws at him. Leben isn't the most technical striker, but he has more power than Bisping and a better chin. I think Leben wins a close fought decision or by a 2nd round TKO.

EDIT: Link for the people who don't want to copy and paste
prozacnation1978
4/25/08 4:54:51PM
have they even confirmed the bisping match yet?? i know it was a rumor
keith-hackney1
4/25/08 5:01:29PM

Posted by wolfman

Vicious knee strikes, come on get creative. Just because he recently dispatched Charles with knees doesn't mean he will do the same with Leben. Hell, Charles took quite a few knees before he finally went down. No doubt Bisping looked good at 185, but I still don't think he has enough power to put Leben away. Leben's hard dome will be un-phased by whatever Bisping throws at him. Leben isn't the most technical striker, but he has more power than Bisping and a better chin. I think Leben wins a close fought decision or by a 2nd round TKO.

EDIT: Link for the people who don't want to copy and paste

You'll see, aside from the fighter level of charles mCcarthy, bisping fought a smart fight, as he would do against leben the ufc mw gatekeeper. I see bisping moving up that division quick. The mw division is not too deep, apart from the top 5 end of franklin, hendo and silva. Theres alot of mis match fighters like cote, grove, sakara, lutter and mcdonald have not managed to cause a huge splash in the run up to the top 5. Theres big stakes for a fighter in that division if they can pull a 3 or 4 win streak together to get in amonst that top end fast. Bisping will at least get up to that end within the next year.
wolfman
4/25/08 5:08:31PM
You could very well be right. I just think the only way he beats Leben is by decision. It's going to be a very good fight (if it does happen). If he beats Leben decisively, I will be very impressed. We will just have to wait and see what happens.
Twenty20Dollars
4/25/08 5:09:55PM
i dont see bisping vs leben happening on this card.
keith-hackney1
4/25/08 5:10:33PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

have they even confirmed the bisping match yet?? i know it was a rumor

Very true, at this stage it is just a rumour for ufc 85, but i do believe that this fight is in the books !!
skatenate
4/27/08 12:34:23AM
i doubt this fight will happened but it would be great to see it happen, i think a rebirthed bisping would take this one out. 2nd TKO
NinjaCyborg
4/27/08 2:51:24AM
This fight certainly IS happening on UFC 85 and it's going to be awesome!

It's going to end in KO, I just don't really know who. I'm even willing to guess this fight will be the KO of the night winner.