Turtle Power! Check out my new (old) toys!

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Turtle Power! Check out my new (old) toys!
gsquat
9/2/08 4:05:08PM
If you were a kid in the late 80's- early 90's you'll appreciate this.

I reunited them courtesy ebay. For those who are a little more aquainted with them, Donnie & Raph are soft heads. Very rare. And Donnie's strap ins't broken! My wife thinks I'm a giant nerd... I'm inclined to agree.
SmileR
9/2/08 4:10:13PM
I hate you.... Seriously.
I wanted all the Turtles for so long! I was born in 86 and growing up all I ever wanted was the van they drove around in. Then one year I got it for my birthday. It was the one the top came off and you could actually sit them inside it. I was so happy. Then some cu*t broke into our house and too all my turtles stuff, the T.V, my new mountain bike with 12 gears and some other crap my mum and dad missed.. I never got over having that much happiness and then having it all snatched away!

How much did you pay for the four of them if you don't mind me asking?
I'd be interested in trying to get them together myself.
gsquat
9/2/08 4:31:22PM
If you just get them from a private seller you can usually win them for the lowest bid possible. In my case 99 cents. Granted I had to pay 5-10 dollars shipping. I got the Raph and Donnie in a large group of toys for 99 cents plus $10 shipping. So you can get really good deals right now. MOC (mint on card (in box)) costs a lot more, but who wants those anyway. I want to be able to play with them .
dannyfrank
9/2/08 4:32:53PM
thank you for letting me relive my childhood
SmileR
9/2/08 4:33:12PM

Posted by gsquat

If you just get them from a private seller you can usually win them for the lowest bid possible. In my case 99 cents. Granted I had to pay 5-10 dollars shipping. I got the Raph and Donnie in a large group of toys for 99 cents plus $10 shipping. So you can get really good deals right now. MOC (mint on card (in box)) costs a lot more, but who wants those anyway. I want to be able to play with them .

Awesome! Thanks man!
I'm still jealous though!
grappler0000
9/2/08 4:36:29PM
Nice! I don't consider you a nerd at all...in fact I have a number of the turtles from various lines as well. I'm still a big kid when it comes to the toys from my childhood. I have a decent collection of Transformers, LJN Wrestlers, Hasbro Wrestlers, TMNT, MOTU, GI Joe, Mask, Ghostbusters, etc. I don't even want to get into the game systems. It's good to see that I'm not the only one entertained by these sorts of things.
MALICE
9/2/08 4:47:36PM
Hero's in a half shell turtle power!!!! Sweet!!!! Being a fellow nerd, I still have all of my original action figures. And they are all in great shape. I have dozens of TMNT figures, but my favorite are my original four. I also have tons of Masters of the Universe items. My favorite cartoon as a kid. Nice find.

Nothing wrong with holding on to some memories from your childhood.
Aaronno9
9/2/08 5:46:13PM
Awesome. My favorite was always Leonardo, but my mom always got him mixed up with Donatello and i ended up with like 10 Donatello figures she bought for me and only like one Leo figure
Rush
9/2/08 5:53:13PM
Ha

Makes me want to bust out with pics of my star wars collection.

MALICE
9/2/08 5:57:07PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Awesome. My favorite was always Leonardo, but my mom always got him mixed up with Donatello and i ended up with like 10 Donatello figures she bought for me and only like one Leo figure

HaHa My favorite was always Raphael. One day I guess I left him laying around and my mom picked him up and tried to put his sai in his hand and broke the sai. I was p****d. To this day I still have no idea how you could break one.
MMAcca
9/2/08 5:58:40PM
I've got all four also.

I'm missing the weapons and the belts though

This thread is making me think about going crazy on ebay to get them!
DJDark41
9/2/08 6:20:14PM
Awesome. I used to have like, the TMNT mobile headquarters van or something. It was pretty beast... I remember my brother and sister would always be playing with other toys, and I would just roll through in my Ninja Turtle van and just crush the everloving s**t out of their stuff. Many giant Lego towers and Play-Doh models were destroyed by that van...
JukeboxJim
9/2/08 6:31:26PM
I used to have that very same Donatello one.
Ordep
9/2/08 6:49:07PM
I had them all' and the Ghostbusters too, with both of their cars. Now they should be a couple of meters underground in some landfill.
Shawn91111
9/2/08 7:04:18PM
I always wanted the Voltron die cast action figures and such..but my mom was too frugal LINK
Rush
9/2/08 8:25:48PM

Posted by Shawn91111

I always wanted the Voltron die cast action figures and such..but my mom was too frugal LINK

I had the big plastic one when I was young
breakdown5
9/2/08 9:15:53PM
I'm jealous. I had them all when I was a kid, with the sewer base and the slime, the whole deal. It was sweet. Props for the memories.
grappler0000
9/2/08 9:36:31PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Still got mine.