TUF5 episode = bad

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » TUF5 episode = bad
mkiv9secsupra
6/7/07 11:07:09PM
This episode was really horrible IMO. Nate sucked up unitl he got the sub but all he did was shoot for a takedown and get stopped for 4 minutes straight. Then Matt Wiman performed badly as well. He shouldve kept it standing and delivered a bunch of jabs and straights as Manny shot in...but oh well. Corey Hill on the other hand really impressed me this week. except he has no sub defense. His wrestling and striking improved quite a bit and he pushed the pace a LOT more this week. All in all....this was not a very good week for TUF IMO..
mkiv9secsupra
6/7/07 11:08:58PM
And next weeks preview showed Karo and Nate Diaz going at it....Maybe setting up another Nick vs Parisyan II? I hope so. Karo will murder Nate but Nick can take him now IMO.
shackle
6/7/07 11:19:52PM
Cause nate didn't look all that great it makes the entire episode bad?

I think it was a pretty good show. Not the best but good over all. The fights weren't all that bad.. maybe didn't go the way you wanted them to....

Everyone has their opinion I guess, but I didn't think it was all that bad.

Manny, and Cory both looked pretty good. I wonder what cory will look like when he gets in a decent camp...?

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

This episode was really horrible IMO. Nate sucked up unitl he got the sub but all he did was shoot for a takedown and get stopped for 4 minutes straight. Then Matt Wiman performed badly as well. He shouldve kept it standing and delivered a bunch of jabs and straights as Manny shot in...but oh well. Corey Hill on the other hand really impressed me this week. except he has no sub defense. His wrestling and striking improved quite a bit and he pushed the pace a LOT more this week. All in all....this was not a very good week for TUF IMO..

Ydoc
6/7/07 11:28:58PM
I think you got too much bias going into the fights. Its best when you just make them fighter A and fighter B and leave personal feeling aside, that way you can enjoy the fights more.
cmill21
6/7/07 11:40:35PM
I don't think Nick can beat Karo, Karo's starting to realize that he has to train to beat the best. He's also improved his stand up, as he showed in the "peoples champ" fight. Now if only he could improve his Judo. I agree about the corey hill going to a good camp, he impressed me with his improvement, and he knocked diaz around until he made a rookie mistake. He'll learn and he'll win alot of fights in the UFC.
Naturaldisaster
6/7/07 11:48:22PM
Karo would beat Nick again if they fought. and next week Manny is gonna beat nate. Manny is a beast. but corey hill is crazy. He improved alot until he made his mistake. but I have to say, corey needs some freakin meds or something. talkin to his alter ego in the sauna lol WEIRD! lol but at least he makes the show interesting.
blkssncpt
6/8/07 12:55:16AM
I think nate was surprised by corry in this fight but corry's inexperience showed when nate got the sub, and about next week dana said over the phone to the coaches how about team members fighting each other , i think they just wanna see nate and joe in the finally it would be a great stand up war. but i really wouldnt know who to give it to. but if they do fight thier own team mates manny might win but nate has a good 6-7 inch on him so i dont know.?.?.
cmill21
6/8/07 1:03:04AM
I'd rather see Joe and Manny. I think nate's a bumb "I have to fight corey because no one wanted to fight either of us" wow, someone's been punched in the head far to much.
MisFiT
6/8/07 2:15:23AM
This Episode wasnt that bad... It was enjoyable. I was hoping Wee Man would pull it out though.
Kisame
6/8/07 2:43:36AM
More Excited about the Karo pwnage we might get next week.

Judo toss Nate ftw.
Trapt1nw0nder
6/8/07 3:05:19AM

Posted by cmill21

I'd rather see Joe and Manny. I think nate's a bumb "I have to fight corey because no one wanted to fight either of us" wow, someone's been punched in the head far to much.

Joe Lauzon said in his blog that what he said was true....Nobody wanted to fight Nate......Not that they were scared of him,but they knew it would be a tough fight for the second round....

"I would rather not fight Diaz because he is a real bad matchup for me stylistically, being real tall and a southpaw with great boxing. He is also very good on the ground once I get it there. I think we all saw Nate as the top guy on Team Pulver, so I don’t think anyone really wanted to fight him, but I don’t think anyone was scared of him either"

" I was happy to see Nate and Corey fighting because it meant we wouldn’t have to deal with either of them this round. One would knock the other out, and it was a win-win situation for us. Nate said he knew that none of us wanted to fight him or Corey, and he was right. In a tournament like this, you would rather have an easier fight so you can go into the next round rested and healthy. Matching up two of their best guys was great for us."

cmill21
6/8/07 9:41:38AM
I'm sorry I don't have alot of time to ready blogs. But apperently I stand corrected. Still think nate's a moron, and don't think he'll win the whole thing.
NME
6/8/07 9:58:28AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

And next weeks preview showed Karo and Nate Diaz going at it....Maybe setting up another Nick vs Parisyan II? I hope so. Karo will murder Nate but Nick can take him now IMO.

Nick Diaz is suspended for many months. By the time he is reinstated, we'll have seen the whole of TUF 6.

Also, Nick Diaz is under contract with EXC on some level.
AchillesHeel
6/8/07 9:58:34AM
I actually thought it was a great episode. Two fights and less "Animal House" crap.
garrick
6/8/07 10:50:17AM
I didn;t think the night was a complete waste. Two fights in one night, not bad. I was hoping for wiman to win but little manny is just one big ball of muscle! He may be the smallest guy on the show, but oneof the strongest. Wonder why dana didn't think he'd make it this far?

Stickan
6/8/07 11:01:26AM
I liked the episode and the fights in particular. Nate came back in nice fashion.

Actually I really think the fights this seasons fights have almost always delivered. Easily the best season when it comes to quality of fights.
disorderlyvision
6/8/07 11:41:24AM
i was impressed with corey as well, i thought he was going to get a ko/tko until he took it to the ground, bad decision on his part. he should have kept it standing. nate was nowhere close to getting a takedown and corey was dominating him hard.
szucconi
6/8/07 12:53:47PM

Posted by shackle
I wonder what cory will look like when he gets in a decent camp...?

I heard a while back that he was training with the Miletich Fighting System. I would say that is a decent camp.
shackle
6/8/07 1:26:32PM
Yeah maybe after the show.

But he hasn't been training full time anywhere he has stated that on TUF (before the show). The only real training he has had is with pulver. I'm sure he has a camp now since really the show is over. Pulver did say he was welcome to Miletich after his fight with nate.

I think that would be a great thing for him, but I would still train with horn too to work on the ground game. (horn offered him training in the show also)

Posted by szucconi

Posted by shackle
I wonder what cory will look like when he gets in a decent camp...?

I heard a while back that he was training with the Miletich Fighting System. I would say that is a decent camp.

Manfred
6/8/07 2:36:10PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

I actually thought it was a great episode. Two fights and less "Animal House" crap.

+1
DJDark41
6/8/07 2:37:07PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

hughesfan1
6/8/07 5:32:39PM
I thought overall the episode was pretty good. Hill & Manny were impressive. Nate & Wiman sucked though, even though Nate won, It was only b/c Corey made the mistake of taking him down IMO. I think alot of ppl are saying the show sucked b/c they didn't see what they expected. Alot thought Nate would dominate & Wiman would win. I would rather see unpredictable & upset victories anyday. Also, I think they should always show 2 fights per episode the way they have the past 2 weeks and less b.s. like the street fight and the practical jokes. I can't wait to see the Karo / Nate altercation nest week. I hope Karo puts him in his place. Also interested to see what the next round fights are. I saw that Dana was suggesting Pulver's team fight each other & Penn's team fight each other to ensure Pulver vs Penn in the Finale. I think thats a good idea. If that happens I'd say the winners are Lauzon & umm... Manny. That's hard to say though Nate could take it, just depends on who wants it more IMO.
MisFiT
6/8/07 6:10:12PM
Well for you haters next week you can get some Drama you oh so crave.
Ultimate_fighter
6/9/07 1:27:36PM

Posted by shackle

Cause nate didn't look all that great it makes the entire episode bad?

I think it was a pretty good show. Not the best but good over all. The fights weren't all that bad.. maybe didn't go the way you wanted them to....

Everyone has their opinion I guess, but I didn't think it was all that bad.

Manny, and Cory both looked pretty good. I wonder what cory will look like when he gets in a decent camp...?

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I hate how everyone doesn't like this season, its awesome i think. Just becuz one or 2 fights went bad o well.... I liked all TUF seasons even if one or 2 fights aren't good...