Which TUF winner is having the worst 2009?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Which TUF winner is having the worst 2009?
POLL: Worst 2009?
Micheal Bisping 6% (3)
Rashad Evans 2% (1)
Forrest Griffin 19% (10)
Mac Danzig 52% (27)
Nate Diaz 2% (1)
Amir Sadallah 19% (10)
ChokeUout
8/10/09 10:24:45PM
I got to thinking, and I figured this might be a good discussion to have. This leaves out the TUF 9 winners, who haven't fought post-tuf yet.

Worst 2009?

-Rashad Evans: Got outclassed and knocked silly by Machida, Lost his belt

-Micheal Bisping: Was disliked on TUF for some of his antics, got bullied and knocked stupid by Dan Henderson

-Forrest Griffin: Lost title in late 2008, Got absolutely outclassed, embarressed, and destroyed by Anderson Silva (and put away by a falling away jab while silva's hands were down)

-Mac Danzig: 0-2 this year in losses to Miller and Neer, lost his past 3 and is probably on the hot seat if they even give him another fight

-Nate Diaz: Fought twice. Both great fights, but lost both, to Joe Stevenson and Clay Guida

-Amir Sadallah: Scratched from UFC 17 with an injury, (And from ufc 91 in 2008). Finally fights and loses to Jonny Hendricks in 29 seconds (Albeit by early stoppage)

Also, I threw together some interesting stats for TUF winners in 2009:

-Only TUF winners not to lose yet this year are Travis Lutter (not in UFC), Diego Sanchez (2-0), Ryan Bader(1-0), and Efrain Escudero (Hasn't fought yet)
-TUF winners have a record of 5-11
-2 of those wins were against other TUF winners
-THe only finish came from Kendal Grove over Jason Day
-The (arguably) 3 best KO's this year ended with TUF winners unconscious, on their back (Bisping, Evans, Griffin)
-Diego has done the Best, But he'll probably fight BJ Penn later this year
-Efrain is the only one who hasn't fought yet, and he Faces Cole miller at UFC 103, a fight I have him losing

This doesn't even include other TUF vets having a bad year, like Josh Koscheck, Stephan Bonner, CB Dolloway, Keith Jardine, etc

Wondering what your guy's thoughts are on all this...Discuss
Khaos
8/10/09 10:39:54PM
I said Griffin because that last fight has really damaged his reputation, as far as the worst this year, well obviusly Mac Danzig
KaibaThedon
8/10/09 10:43:26PM
Mac Danzig... yeah he said he wanted to make a splash and join the elite level of 155, but he got manhandled by Clay Guida (last year), got triangled by Josh Neer and then he had to fight Jim Miller after Miller got his ass owned by Gray Maynard. No easy fights at all for this guy... 3 losses in a row, but 3 losses to really good guys to be honest.

Same with Nate Diaz... he's the one asking for contenders, then he faces Clay Guida and loses. He then faces Joe Daddy, and is out-wrestled for 3 rounds... 2 really tough fights for him, but hey, he did ask for contenders.

Rashad Evans and Michael Bisping both lost to top tier level fighters. They're not going to say in their pre-fight that they're going to get KO'ed obviously, and while I think sure, its embarrassing for them, they faced top-level guys who are elite fighters.

Forrest Griffin wrote a book and his first fight this year he got destroyed by the P4P King in Anderson Silva. No shame though, as everyone here would probably last a fraction of the time that he did.

Amir Sadollah can dispute his stoppage as it was one of the worst I've seen. On paper, it says he lost a TKO 29 seconds in. Injuries plagued this guy like mad. Give him another fight in Oct or Nov, or let him step up if someone at 170 gets hurt... we're all waiting to actually see this guy fight.

Finally for Diego Sanchez he beat two really tough guys in Joe Daddy and Clay Guida, but is now loved for another reason...

We will We Will ROCK YOU (YES!)

We will we will ROCK YOU (YES!)

YES!

YES!

YES!

YES!
cowcatcher
8/10/09 10:45:51PM
id say amir, he finally fights for the first time in his career(outside of TUF) after having assorted injuries, gets rocked a half a minute into the fight, and on top of it the ref stopped the fight a little early. the guys got 30 seconds of cage time and everything that could have gone wrong outside of the cage did. the only thing that could make things worse is a failed drug test.
george112
8/10/09 11:06:22PM

Posted by cowcatcher

id say amir, he finally fights for the first time in his career(outside of TUF) after having assorted injuries, gets rocked a half a minute into the fight, and on top of it the ref stopped the fight a little early. the guys got 30 seconds of cage time and everything that could have gone wrong outside of the cage did. the only thing that could make things worse is a failed drug test.

amir was hyped and everything.people around here (my home town) were all talking about him and stuff.but look what happened.

i knew he wasnt going to last a minute with hendricks.AND as to the early stoppage.come on stop nutthugging we all know hendricks would have just kept beating him.15 seconds more 10 seconds more..doesnt matter he was a goner
Twenty20Dollars
8/10/09 11:15:19PM
Big Mac, of course but atleast he has faced tough guys.

Diaz lost his last two, due to lay n prey.
prozacnation1978
8/10/09 11:25:11PM
mac danzig by far then forrest griffin but good post
i didn't really think of how bad the tuf winners have it
higdon10
8/10/09 11:26:44PM
Danzig. I'll be suprised to see him back in the octagon to be completely honest.
KronicBuboniK
8/10/09 11:34:06PM

Posted by george112

amir was hyped and everything.people around here (my home town) were all talking about him and stuff.but look what happened.

i knew he wasnt going to last a minute with hendricks.AND as to the early stoppage.come on stop nutthugging we all know hendricks would have just kept beating him.15 seconds more 10 seconds more..doesnt matter he was a goner

It does matter! We have all seen fights where fighters come back from being rocked, and the ref barely gave Amir a chane to get up...
Aaronno9
8/11/09 12:09:13AM
Mac Danzig. He lost two fights which where very winnable, where, IMO, he was the better fighter. All the other guys lost against the best in the division, or to stupid decisions from the refs and judges.
Irish_Pride
8/11/09 1:14:20AM
I gotta go with Amir Sadollah and Mac Danzig. They both have had a pretty rough since TUF. Mac has lost 3 straight fights, I mean he has put up great fights but just didn't get the W. Amir, has had a very rough. He wins TUF and looks really good doing it and now people are starting to hype him up because they see he has skills but before he gets to fight again he suffers a bad injury which sits him out for over a year and once he gets back in the octagon, he gets rocked really early and the ref calls the fight. Both these guys have had it rough hopefully their luck will start to turn around.
copcopps
8/11/09 9:26:12AM
Amir on the fact that desite the grossly early stoppage he has been held back wayyy too much in 2009 to live up to the hype he had on TUF IMO, then Danzig