TUF 1 Winner vs. TUF 2 Winner For Lightheavyweight Title

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » TUF 1 Winner vs. TUF 2 Winner For Lightheavyweight Title
nickcuc547
9/8/08 1:33:49PM
Now if that doesn't make the show legitimate I don't know what does. Hopefully we see guys like Diaz, Danzig and Sadollah follow in their footsteps.
ohiostate1016
9/8/08 3:53:46PM
The interesting thing is that these are two guys that have been the underdogs throughout their UFC careers. Neither was even favored to win TUF, but both did, and both are now going to fight for the most prestigious belt in the UFC. Not only does the UFC deserve props for creating the show, but these two guys deserve props for using the show as a great springboard for their careers.

Here's hoping that the fight is the best of the year.
nickcuc547
9/8/08 4:14:31PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

I think it will be a good one, when has forrest griffin not put on a great fight?
keith-hackney1
9/8/08 4:57:41PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by ohiostate1016

I think it will be a good one, when has forrest griffin not put on a great fight?

Well done for pairing these two up, i thought the other day how weird it is that tuf1 is the LHW champ, and argably tuf2 winner is now the number 1 contender.
Still with all the top talent in that division today, two tuf winners stand above them all. Would be a seriously great fight. Rashad looked awesome saturday night, regardless of what anyone says, he was not running from chuck, he had a game plan and his game plan worked to perfection !!!!!
dannyfrank
9/8/08 5:40:52PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

The interesting thing is that these are two guys that have been the underdogs throughout their UFC careers. Neither was even favored to win TUF, but both did, and both are now going to fight for the most prestigious belt in the UFC. Not only does the UFC deserve props for creating the show, but these two guys deserve props for using the show as a great springboard for their careers.

hopefully that means that amir will be the next TUF great!
GrizzlyChadams
9/8/08 5:57:17PM
This would make a great fight but I think Griffin will man handle Rashad considering he is a very large LHW.
prozacnation1978
9/8/08 6:28:15PM
i must admit my records show that i have never gone for either guy in a bet only time i took evans was against bisping
griffin i lost on bets to rampage and shogun
but i am picking forrest finally come dec and screaming for him to win when i go there live
Khaos
9/9/08 2:21:26AM
I think this fight should be good, I truely think that Rashad would outwork, and outclass Forrest en route to a UD.