Diego Sanchez 37% (11)
Michael Bisping 47% (14)
Kendall Grove 7% (2)
Nate Diaz 7% (2)
Mac Danzig 3% (1)
Amir Sadollah 0% (0)
nickcuc547
9/8/08 1:36:41PM
Now that Forrest is the Champ, Rashad is getting a title shot and Stevenson has had a title shot, who will be the next TUF winner to get a shot at the title?? Excluding TUF 4
nickcuc547
9/8/08 1:39:00PM
While Diego is the closest as a win over Thiago Alves could propel him, Bisping is the next tuf winner to get a title shot. The lightweight division is too deep so diaz and danzig will have to run off jon fitch like winning streaks. Bisping could get anderson silva in 2 more wins, and I think he will do it, even if he has to fight marquardt or henderson.
Chuteboxer
9/8/08 1:40:12PM
If Diego gets past Thiago, and Bisping gets past Leben, they both could be cited for title shots...but it'll all depend on how well they do in those fights, and if anybody else in their weight classes win or lose...

but if anyone's close right now, it's these two.
grappler0000
9/8/08 1:40:27PM
I would say Bisping. If Diaz were to fight the right opponents, he'd only be a couple of fights away...but, I think he'll struggle with some of the top talent in the division.

Edit: oh, I forgot that Diego was scheduled to fight Thiago...a win would definitely put him in the mix.
Cdellorso
9/8/08 1:50:29PM
Bisbing? not sure how you figure-
1st he has to beat Leban- If (BIG if) he does he is still at least 1- if not 2 fights away.
1. Hendo may be next in line
2. Marquadt is definately ahead.

Bisbing needs to fight Palhares- he has not faced a good JITZ guy yet.

nickcuc547
9/8/08 2:12:24PM

Posted by Cdellorso

1st he has to beat Leban- If (BIG if) he does he is still at least 1- if not 2 fights away.

Eric Schaffer??? as much as he sucks he has great jiu jitsue, and he did give bisping some problems.
Wolfenstein
9/8/08 2:12:50PM
I think Diego's fight wth Alves is a #1 contenders spot. I jus don't thik Diego can get through Alves. So it might be a while for Diego.

The only other guy I see as a possibility is Bisping. At some point though he'll have to beat an upper echelon MW. Leben will be a good indicator of where he stands. He'll need the right matchup someone who doesn't have a great wretling background.
MALICE
9/8/08 2:25:59PM
Amir - To new. Needs3-5 fights in the UFC before he should even be considered for a title shot.

Danzig - 2 impressive fights. A win over Guida would definitely put him in the picture. But would still probably need 2-3 more wins against top competitors.

Grove - His 2 KO losses sent him back to the drawing board. Needs 3-4 more fights, but would need to be against top competition.

Diaz - A win against Neer would give him 5 straight. All by submission(if he subs Neer of course). A nice run. But would still need 2-3 more fights against top competition before deserving a title shot.

Bisping - 6-1 in the UFC. 2 nice performances at MW. Needs 2-3 more wins against top competition.

Sanchez - 8-2 in the UFC. Only losses to Koscheck (bad matchup) and Fitch (tougher matchup but managed a SD). 1 or 2 wins over top comp. and he would be deserving of a title shot. A win over Alves should earn him a title shot, and Vice Versa.

So....Sanchez and Bisping are the 2 deserving of a title shot.
DCRage
9/8/08 2:50:50PM

Posted by Cdellorso

Hendo's only 1-2 since returning to UFC. He's not next. Cote's next then I'd say Okami.
Aaronno9
9/8/08 2:54:55PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by Cdellorso

Eric Schaffer??? as much as he sucks he has great jiu jitsue, and he did give bisping some problems.

Same goes for Charles Mcarthy and Elvis.
ohiostate1016
9/8/08 3:48:20PM
I don't think that Bisping will beat Leben, but I think he gets the next shot at MW if he does.

Diego will have a tough time with Alves, so I really don't see him being in the mix right now.

What about Josh Koscheck? He's 9-2 in the UFC with his only losses to Drew Fickett and GSP. I'd like to see him get another crack at GSP (or whomever is the WW champ at the time) sometime down the line.
nickcuc547
9/8/08 4:16:54PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

I don't think that Bisping will beat Leben, but I think he gets the next shot at MW if he does.

Diego will have a tough time with Alves, so I really don't see him being in the mix right now.

What about Josh Koscheck? He's 9-2 in the UFC with his only losses to Drew Fickett and GSP. I'd like to see him get another crack at GSP (or whomever is the WW champ at the time) sometime down the line.

I have to disagree, leben is too one dimensional in his striking and he isn't as technical. when leben throws those looping punches, bisping is going to tag him right down the middle. plus leben needs to deal with bispings kicks and knees, which are also pretty good, especially the knees. leben is tough and has to make it a brawl, but i think bisping is just too technical and will out point him to a unanimous decision, much like florian vs. huerta.
Twenty20Dollars
9/8/08 4:54:42PM
Got to say Diego is the closest, a win over alves(who is the #1 contender right now) would line him up for a title shot or another win after that could get him a shot.
chrismithers
9/8/08 6:20:17PM
i think diaz or bisping. bisping just because that division is so weak cause of anderson and diaz just because i think he is the closest.