TUF 9 Weightclasses

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » TUF 9 Weightclasses
POLL: What do you think of the weightclasses for TUF 9
Good 48% (12)
Both Need to be changed 0% (0)
Welterweights need to be changed 12% (3)
Middleweights need to be changed 12% (3)
Who Cares 28% (7)
Jshep714
9/18/08 12:35:08AM
Welterweights and middleweights will get the spotlight again for the ninth season of “The Ultimate Fighter” on Spike TV.

LINK

They need to get some Heavies in there.

What do you think? Good choice on Weightclasses?
grappler0000
9/18/08 12:44:17AM
Don't expect to see the heavies on the show anytime soon...it is far too difficult to get that many halfway decent HW's in line for the show that aren't already signed with a major promotion.
haggiswashere
9/18/08 12:48:17AM

Posted by grappler0000

Don't expect to see the heavies on the show anytime soon...it is far too difficult to get that many halfway decent HW's in line for the show that aren't already signed with a major promotion.

and all the heavys you hear about from season 2 moved to lightheavyweight.
StorminYourman
9/18/08 9:08:10AM
I think UFC should add a FW division and do that TUF
haggiswashere
9/22/08 5:40:33PM

Posted by StorminYourman

they are making more money off having the WEC and UFC. i don't see them doing that. if they did that there would be no reason to watch it. BTW no offence but did you lose an avatar bet or are you like a hardcore andy wang fan? which is cool i was just wonderin
Ben_Hutch
9/22/08 6:05:06PM
The UK isn't to strong in either of the two divisions, IMO it should have been USA vs. Europe, but I guess USA vs. UK is more marketable and Dana feels America have a greater chance of winning if they're only facing guys from the UK.
mrkennedy
9/22/08 7:15:58PM
welterweight and heavyweight was my pick
StorminYourman
9/22/08 8:01:49PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by StorminYourman

they are making more money off having the WEC and UFC. i don't see them doing that. if they did that there would be no reason to watch it. BTW no offence but did you lose an avatar bet or are you like a hardcore andy wang fan? which is cool i was just wonderin

Lost avatar(Hammil decided not to wrestle) bet but Andy Wang or any wang joke can bring a smile to my face

Guess you are tight about the money thing it would just be nice to see the lighter fighters make some more money
DCRage
9/22/08 8:19:41PM

Posted by Jshep714

Welterweights and middleweights will get the spotlight again for the ninth season of “The Ultimate Fighter” on Spike TV.

LINK

They need to get some Heavies in there.

What do you think? Good choice on Weightclasses?

Welterweights yes, Middleweights no. I expected WWs and HWs, they just did MWs so it's too soon. Perhaps Lightweights should've been another option.
Wolfenstein
9/23/08 12:20:38AM
MW is already a pretty stacked division so I'm kind of surprised they're doing it again. Everyone just thinks it isn't a stacked division because Anderson is so good, but because the champ can't be beat doesn't really tell the tale of the rest of the division.

I would have liked to see HW and WW's. The problem with HW's and any division for that matter is that you need to find guys that are built for that division. So in theory you don't want to choose guys who are 225 and under because they will drop to the LHW division. I never understand why they keep getting undersized guys because the point of the show is to put new talent in X division and if you know a guy is really built for another division then he really doesn't fit the show's agenda.
paddy260
9/23/08 1:18:20AM
they need HW for sure that is a fact
MMAcca
9/23/08 1:23:04AM
Maybe they chose WW and MW based on some UK talent they have lined up ?
mrkennedy
9/23/08 3:23:22AM