TUF 12 Weight Classes Set? (No Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » TUF 12 Weight Classes Set? (No Spoilers)
DCRage
3/10/10 12:05:38PM
Spike put out a casting call today for season 12 of TUF, tryouts in April 1 in Charlotte, NC. These might not be the final weight classes, but they want Lightweights & Light Heavyweights.

Spike TV officials announced today that there will be an open tryout on April 1st for the 12th season of The Ultimate Fighter. The tryouts will be for lightweights and light heavyweights. Tryouts will take place the day after UFC Fight Night 21 in Charlotte at the Omni Charlotte Hotel's grand ballroom in Charlotte, NC. The 12th season of the show is scheduled for September of 2010.

If you are trying out, you must have proof of at least three professional fights and be at least 21 years of age. Fighters are expected to grapple, hit pads and mitts, and interview with show producers during the tryouts. Registration begins at 8AM, fighters must be there by 9AM in fight gear, with the tryouts beginning at 10AM.

The tryout isn't mandatory either. One thought it did bring to mind with the classes-I know it would be breaking from the typical format with regards to coaches and fighting after the season, but this is a great time to bring Jens Pulver back if they do have LWs. Let him coach again so he can remain involved with UFC in some form.
Jackelope
3/10/10 2:17:33PM
I agree with Jens coaching. Because on top of keeping him active doing something to ease his retirement they could showcase one of the very best personalities and coaches in the game. The only problem is there'd be no grudge match fight with Jens involved after the show, but I'd personally much rather see good TUFers brought up with good coaching.
BustedKnuckle
3/10/10 10:34:12PM
Bringing back Jens to coach(hypotheticly) would be a classy move by the UFC. The weight classes are about right. I would love to see HW, but It was a diaster last season. The UFC needs to scour the WORLD to build a good season of TUF HW edition
jae_1833
3/11/10 8:41:48PM
I imagine this going on.....Mir (if he wins against Carwin) coaches LHWs against Lesnar!