TUF USA vs Brazil

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » TUF USA vs Brazil
d_block07
12/9/07 1:45:20PM
Since theyre having a hard time finding coaches and since so many of the top fihgters cant speak english what about doing a TUF with a team of brazilians coached by wandy anderson or shogun vs a team of americans coached by randy rampage or somebody like that.... and then start a racial war
rabbit915
12/9/07 4:25:29PM
This is a really interesting idea but i think it would get ugly very quickly. Both Brazilians and Americans are known for extreme national pride and you are asking a group of testerterone filled fighters from both sides to fight for both their country and a UFC contract? Too much potential conflict in that house.
Djbb
12/9/07 4:30:34PM

Posted by rabbit915

This is a really interesting idea but i think it would get ugly very quickly. Both Brazilians and Americans are known for extreme national pride and you are asking a group of testerterone filled fighters from both sides to fight for both their country and a UFC contract? Too much potential conflict in that house.

Yeah but just imagine the hilarious drama that would go on. I know if I was on a America vs Brazil TUF I'd sit in my room with the door open and blast "Proud to be an American" (even though I hate country)
jomatty
12/10/07 9:18:00AM
if i was stuck in a house with a bunch of
bjj blackbelts and muay thai studs id probably try not to start a riot or recieve a mass beatdown lol. brazilians dont mess around like americans, they are ready to fight lol.

this would never happen and if it does they better get two houses...
candynuts
12/10/07 9:50:15AM
Just make them live in one big cage, that will make the Brazilians a little hesitant to fight. (See Shogun, Wanderlei, etc...)
fullerene
12/10/07 10:08:55AM
I think it's a good idea if you are trying to bring interest to a good group of talented fighters that the American public hasn't seen yet. Unfortunately, I don't know if the audience they are trying to attract for TUF is that interested in finding the best fighters. The fact that one group would not be speaking English probably detracts too much from the show for many casual fans to have an interest.
Ordep
12/10/07 11:14:05PM
I remember someone from here calling a TUF season with Okami and Anderson as coaches....... fully subtitled
Svartorm
12/11/07 1:28:04AM
If they do it, they should get Ken Shamrock as the US coach and Ricardo Arona for Brazil. They're two of the biggest hot heads in the sport and they'd be at each others throats within two seconds of the show.
xchickox
12/11/07 10:01:43AM
they should have it tank abbott coaching against vitor belfort
we all know how much tank loves those brazilians
madmarck
12/11/07 11:12:28AM
Good idea......... too bad nobody wants to watch half a show in subtitles.
People in NA would watch half of it in portuguese and get pissed
People in SA would watch half of in in english and get pissed

Not to mention Dana would have to learn how to say **** in Portuguese.

Posted by Svartorm

If they do it, they should get Ken Shamrock as the US coach and Ricardo Arona for Brazil. They're two of the biggest hot heads in the sport and they'd be at each others throats within two seconds of the show.

But wouldnt their fight just be like Tito/Ken1, Tito/Ken2, Tito/Ken3?
rabbit915
12/11/07 11:36:47AM
Just thought of an idea kind of similar to this one. Why dont they do an international version of the show. Every guy is from a different country (they all should probaly speak good english). I think this could help bring in new markets to MMA and give fighters a chance at quality coaches. training facilities, and widespread exposure who normally wouldnt get it (which is the point of the show i beleive).
madmarck
12/11/07 1:59:59PM

Posted by rabbit915

Just thought of an idea kind of similar to this one. Why dont they do an international version of the show. Every guy is from a different country (they all should probaly speak good english). I think this could help bring in new markets to MMA and give fighters a chance at quality coaches. training facilities, and widespread exposure who normally wouldnt get it (which is the point of the show i beleive).

hmm so maby fighters from
USA
Russia
Brazil
Canada
England
Japan
Korea
Germany
France
Austrailia
South Africa

hmmm thats a few countries there but it seems like to get a decent fighter from another country that speaks english would be hard to do. Not everyone knows the language, and could you really pass up a fighter who really deserved it because he couldnt speak the language?
bayonetxwork
12/11/07 4:07:43PM
People from America, the TUF audience, like to hear stuff they understand. How would they like listening to a monotone translator, or 2nd grade English for every episode? I wouldn't. I think its a great idea, but for a TV show targeted towards the American 18-2something demographic, it just wouldn't sell.