TUF 10 Tryouts Draw 250+, 3 Former NFL Pros

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » TUF 10 Tryouts Draw 250+, 3 Former NFL Pros
DCRage
4/7/09 1:04:11PM
Tryouts for season 10 of The Ultimate Fighter, scheduled to feature Middleweights, Light Heavyweights, and Heavyweights, were held in Seattle yesterday. Early reports are over 250 hopefuls showed up with no fewer than 3 former NFL players among the hopefuls. No word yet on if former wrestler-turned-fighter Bobby Lashley was present at the tryouts.

Article
CiaoBaby
4/7/09 2:41:02PM
Tryouts for season 10. Does anyone know what the 'tryout' consists of? I know they dont have to fight someone. It is an interview where hopefull fighters show their own highlight video? Do they get on the matt and hit the focus mits? What goes on down there???
Twenty20Dollars
4/7/09 2:57:09PM
I think they do, do some workout stuff on the matts.
Mayhem13
4/7/09 3:26:04PM

Posted by CiaoBaby

Tryouts for season 10. Does anyone know what the 'tryout' consists of? I know they dont have to fight someone. It is an interview where hopefull fighters show their own highlight video? Do they get on the matt and hit the focus mits? What goes on down there???

They do a grappling session where they are matched up with another hopefull and they roll for like 2-3 minutes and even after a tap you still go until time is up.

You also hit the mits a little with some trainers.

I think from that they narrow it down and call you in for an interview..which is the deciding factor I guess
ncordless
4/7/09 3:32:24PM
Three former NFL pros doesn't really excite me.

The day some kids start going into mma instead of football we will have some killer heavyweights.
team_demon_fighter
4/7/09 5:43:57PM

Posted by ncordless

Three former NFL pros doesn't really excite me.

The day some kids start going into mma instead of football we will have some killer heavyweights.

i also thought more than 250 ppl wouldve actually shown up. but maybe that is alot, does anyone know how many have showed up on previous try-outs?
Pookie
4/7/09 5:46:31PM
I wonder if Michael Westbrook was part of that group. He has the wingspan of a pteradactyl
bls1919
4/7/09 9:18:20PM

Posted by Pookie

I wonder if Michael Westbrook was part of that group. He has the wingspan of a pteradactyl

Westbrook is a tank. Does he fight at 170? if not I thin Lhw might be a stretch, but to fight for the UFC??? Diego started 2 weight classes heavy and a lot of other guys too. i like to see the TUF formay go back into the heavier weights. i am looking forwaqrd to season 10.
DCRage
4/8/09 6:34:44AM
Apparently not based on a recap that Junkie posted (link below, good read). But former NFLer Marcus Jones survived the first cut while Herbert "Whisper" Goodman, who I think fought on the last UWC event in February, did not. If I remember correctly he lost to Ron Stallings.

Article