'TUF' times: Sonnen says he turned down spot on 'TUF 1,' Jones once cut from tryouts

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » 'TUF' times: Sonnen says he turned down spot on 'TUF 1,' Jones once cut from tryouts
FastKnockout
11/24/12 4:19:09PM
LAS VEGAS – The debut season of 'The Ultimate Fighter' has long been recognized as the starting point of MMA's current popularity boom and was responsible for launching the careers of stars such as Stephan Bonnar, Kenny Florian, Forrest Griffin, Josh Koscheck, Chris Leben, Diego Sanchez and Mike Swick.

But as successful as the 2005 series debut proved, imagine what it could have been with one Chael P. Sonnen.

Sonnen, who coaches on the upcoming 17th edition of the series, says he actually turned down a spot on "TUF 1."

Link
BuffaloDave
11/24/12 5:12:39PM
Junkie and their miss leading titles, most people will read it as Jones was cut for not being good enough, well played Junkie, instead of adding the age thing being the reason in the headline. It definitely got me to read the piece though, so well done Junkie!
infestructure
11/24/12 5:37:32PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Junkie and their miss leading titles, most people will read it as Jones was cut for not being good enough, well played Junkie, instead of adding the age thing being the reason in the headline. It definitely got me to read the piece though, so well done Junkie!

MMAJunkie sucks balls
Bubbles
11/24/12 9:36:16PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

technically it's still true as Jones could not continue in the tryouts. We all assumed it was because of skill or w/e, not because of age
BuffaloDave
11/25/12 10:50:15AM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by BuffaloDave

MMAJunkie sucks balls

I have to disagree, they're one of the best for reporting MMA related news, they don't just run with any rumor, they wait til it's a fact before posting something. Only downfalls are bringing Ben Fowlkes in and ask the Dr. thing, if you skip those things, Junkie is teh best.
BuffaloDave
11/25/12 10:52:50AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by BuffaloDave

technically it's still true as Jones could not continue in the tryouts. We all assumed it was because of skill or w/e, not because of age

I know, that's why I said misleading, because like we both said, with the title the way it is, we assume it was something else that Jones was cut for.
kopower
11/25/12 6:53:59PM

Junkie is teh best.

You by chance wouldn't have a dup account, would you?
bjj1605
11/26/12 11:55:31AM

Posted by kopower

Junkie is teh best.

You by chance wouldn't have a dup account, would you?

Ah ha!

Teh kingsmasher's true identity is revealed at last!