TUF 7..... The Superheavys make weight!!! (fantasy)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » TUF 7..... The Superheavys make weight!!! (fantasy)
ncordless
8/16/07 9:17:17PM
Alright, pick your Top 8 (you can't fit all 16) Superheavyweights and put them in the house together. Name your coaches, matchups, and winners/losers.

I'll go first.

Coaches:
Tito Ortiz
Sean Sherk

Fighters:
Akebono
Bob Sapp
Hong Man Choi
Giant Silva
Zuluzinho
Mark Hunt
Butterbean
Junior Silva

Team Ortiz: Team Sherk: Winner:
Mark Hunt v Akebono Hunt KO rnd 1
Junior Silva v Giant Silva Giant kimura
Zuluzunho v Bob Sapp Sapp KO rnd 1
Butterbean v Hong Man Choi Choi KO rnd 3

Semis:
Hunt v Giant Hunt KO rnd 1
Sapp v Choi Choi KO rnd 1

Finals:
Hunt v. Choi Hunt KO rnd 2

Season Highlights:
The Belly Flop competition in the pool leads to worst flash floods in Las Vegas History.
Akebono and Sherk square off about proper training techniques. "I know my body, and I know when I am overtraining and just need to rest."- Akebono
In a heartwrenching twist, we learn after the Silva v. Silva fight that both are decended from the same father... who was an escaped circus elephant.
Despite record Neilson ratings and PPVS, UFC files for bankruptcy after receiving the food bill from TUF 7.
In the final episode, scientists discover that the Moon's orbit has been altered by the concentration of gravity in the house.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2 Photo Attachment 3 Photo Attachment 4 Photo Attachment 5
juanez13
8/16/07 9:36:58PM
you forgot to include that the apocalypse happens when the show is over.....lol
peachfuzzz1305
8/16/07 9:45:44PM
ButterBalls
8/16/07 10:59:21PM
Dana, make this happen!!!
MoJoy
8/17/07 12:45:24AM
That is some funny shit.
bls1919
8/17/07 12:52:04AM
you guys are joking but is there enough talent out there to make a super heavy division?!?!?!? i think it could be interesting especialy if you makes the low cut off at 255. just an idea? this coming from a 300 lb MMA fanatic
DCRage
8/17/07 9:03:39AM
Hilarious, but don't forget Brock Lesnar. He'd F5 them all into oblivion.
BigEvil
8/17/07 9:26:06AM
Yeah and maybe we could see fat Joe Riggs were always hearing about...
Ultimate_fighter
8/17/07 9:29:01PM

Posted by BigEvil

And 320 lb josh haynes...
madmarck
8/17/07 10:01:50PM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

Posted by BigEvil

And 320 lb josh haynes...

Who cuts weight to 170lb at the end of the show and still has love handles?
Branwest
8/17/07 11:59:42PM

Posted by bls1919

you guys are joking but is there enough talent out there to make a super heavy division?!?!?!? i think it could be interesting especialy if you makes the low cut off at 255. just an idea? this coming from a 300 lb MMA fanatic

The only problem is, they have a lot of fat on them (obviosly) so the fight would have to end in the first round or early second or else they'll both be too gassed to continue. If they do it, I think they should shorten the rounds to 4 minutes per round over 3 rounds.
If you're a SHW, with the exception of giant silva and mabye 1 other, you're pretty fat, because if you worked out hard-core, you'd be elible to fight among the HW's. That's means their conditioning and stamina isn't that great. Fights would have to end no later than the second round, and if it went to a decision, the fighters would be falling around the cage and laying against eachother and throwing punches with not much behind them.
However, with that said, I would LOVE to see these fights come to fruition. Rock on my semi-obese heroes.
cmill21
8/18/07 12:15:25AM
Mark hunt takes it all. Good striking can't be hurt, you do the math.
Mastodon2
8/18/07 6:38:19AM
There is no stopping Hunt in this one, I don't think he'd have much of a problem with Choi, he could probably take him down with ease.

Even in K-1, I think that Hunt could probably take Choi. For a huge man, Choi doesnt hit that hard, and Hunt, havng such short limbs, could quite easily get up in Choi's range and punish him with body shots.
ncordless
8/18/07 1:04:13PM

Posted by bls1919

The answer is yes, there is enough talent. I didn't include some others like Eric Pele and Brock Lesnar. They could scrape together enough talent to make the division and some of the big heavys like Alex Emeilianko and Sylvia could easily make the weight.

However... it won't happen in the UFC and it won't happen in the US for a couple reasons. Giant Silva, Choi, and many of the insanely huge fighters have a tumor near there pituitary gland that causes them to be so large. The US sanctioning bodies will not allow them to fight. Others have gotten so large from steroid use. I just don't see Bob Sapp passing a urinealysis for anything besides the Kentucky Derby.

That doesn't mean it won't happen. An org. like Bodog that doesn't care so much about being respectable could probably pull this off.
Cladrix
8/18/07 10:09:00PM
That picture of Bob Sapp made me giggle
ncordless
8/19/07 4:17:09AM

Posted by Cladrix

That picture of Bob Sapp made me giggle

Then check out the vid I posted.
ncordless
5/1/09 5:19:19PM
Two years later and come to find out I was pretty close.