TUF Smashes

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Side Games » TUF Smashes
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Rabi
11/1/12 3:56:32PM
Bubbles drops P_F with a punch and controls the end of rd 2 to cement a UD win. And who knows whats gonna happen next week. Is there a fighter back in or not. Who knows.

Brad Scott (8-1), 23, Melksham (welterweight) - Bubbles beats Xavier Lucas (8-3-1), 31, Perth (welterweight) - Poor_Franklin by UD
Budgellism
11/1/12 6:00:51PM
I was expecting more out of Xavier to be honest. Nice win for Scott. That diary thing was a little strange and kind of took away from this episode but it was still a good episode and a decent fight.

Next week looks interesting. Lots going on.
Franklinfan47
11/1/12 9:07:49PM
So much for a clean sweep at WW for the Aussies. The Brits could still sweep LW though.

I wonder who gets to come back.
Franklinfan47
11/8/12 10:17:17AM
Annnnnd the Brits sweep LW ! That Wilkinson guys ground game looked pretty good, was he the one on your podcast Ray? I'll have to check it out. I hope he gets matched with Norman Parke next.

Kinda blown away by the TUF contestants this year, on both series. All those goofy bang bros on TUF 16, and now these guys are sneaking in cell phones?? Come on. I can understand that they want to talk to people back home but rules are rules and is it really worth throwin away a shot in the ufc?

Also, who is Xavier Lucas fighting next week? I was confused by that part.
jjeans
11/8/12 11:07:37AM
So I lost interest and kinda gave up on the season when I was watching episodes 4 & 5. Started genuinely thinking it was bombing and crashing.
Watched 6 & 7 the other day and was right back into it watched episode 8 earlier. That was such am awesome episode, made up for all the other ones. I thought George and Ross were gonna get in a fight over the book which is why it was the worst thing to happen in TUF

Xavier getting through via forfeit was BS if I was Val I'd be just as pissed. Xavier v Val woulda been a good fight as well.

My only issue with the season is that it feels freakshow is carrying it, only real personality to shine through

I'd say Ross is starting to annoy me as much as George.
Rabi
11/8/12 12:26:32PM
danclarke easily submits wallass by RNC. shanetpain is out AGAIN after missing weight and P_F re enters.

Also worth mentioning, george112, jjeans, JLS1980, infestructure and FF47 are all cheats

Mike Wilkinson (7-0), 24, Leigh (lightweight) - danclarke beats Grant Blackler (8-0), 23, Sunshine Coast (lightweight) - Wallass by rd1 sub rnc

FF47 - I did have Mike on my show, he is gonna come on again after the season has finished as is Colin Fletcher.

Ive also started talking with Dean Amisinger about coming on the show.

Budgellism
11/8/12 4:08:44PM
What the hell are these guys thinking with the cell phone? You're already over half way through the show. Tough it out and don't risk the amazing opportunity that's been given to you.

I don't like G Sot and it gets worse every week. I hope Pearson knocks him out Dos Anjos style.

Xavier getting a free spot in the Semi's is just bullshit. He lost his fight and he looked very poor in doing so. At least make him fight one of the UK guys. Who gives a shit about what team is in that fight.

Blackler looked bad. To be fair he could fight at Bantamweight but his work against the fence was hard to watch. He really didn't get to show anything.
jjeans
11/8/12 4:15:23PM

Posted by Rabi

Also worth mentioning...jjeans... are all cheats

Ray... Tell me something I dont know....
Bubbles
11/12/12 3:54:58PM

Posted by Budgellism

What the hell are these guys thinking with the cell phone? You're already over half way through the show. Tough it out and don't risk the amazing opportunity that's been given to you.

I don't like G Sot and it gets worse every week. I hope Pearson knocks him out Dos Anjos style.

Xavier getting a free spot in the Semi's is just bullshit. He lost his fight and he looked very poor in doing so. At least make him fight one of the UK guys. Who gives a shit about what team is in that fight.

I just killed the 8 episodes over the last few days and I have to disagree with you...Pearson is getting on my nerves each and every episode. G Sot hasn't been much better but I don't mind him as much. I hope for G Sot subs him Cole Miller style

I think Val and Xavier should fight for the spot, but I think this cell phone incident kept Dana from giving any of the UK guys the chance to advance.

I hate how I picked the guy who writes a diary

James Vainikolo is one ugly guy. I thought Freakshow was one of the ugliest guys ever (who somehow landed a smokin hot girl) but James is on another level. And he has braces too
shaneTpain
11/14/12 8:16:12PM
Cannot believe my substitute pick showed up just to miss weight Good riddance to that ugly sombitch! He's gonna need more then braces to fix that mug!

As for "The WORST thing to happen on TUF ever!" ... Gimme a break.. The previews made it seem like a fighter jumped the fence & got murdered by a croc. A couple eliminated fighters borrowing the neighbours phone isn't that extreme IMO. But very surprised Dana didn't give them the boot.. Fuck one of the guys was even begging to go home a couple shows ago!! Boot the bloaks back to the UK! Enforce the rules!
Budgellism
11/16/12 1:54:34AM
Lots of bitching from Xavier. I can understand why he doesn't think he's the weakest link but he lost his fight already and lost it convincingly. He's obviously going to look like the weakest opponent. That's a no brainer. I think he loses convincingly again.

The Aussie striking coach segment was pretty stupid as well. George said the exact same thing to Luke right after he lost, why would they all get upset like that? He's over 40, he should act like it.

The match ups for the Semis are pretty good. I would have made the same match ups to be honest. I'm glad Richie got the slot. I wanted to see him and Fletcher in the finals when this show started. That'll be a good fight.

With those match ups I see Colin and Norman winning and Robert winning his fight as well.

Good fight from Ben and Bradley. Really back and forth. I don't see how that was a split decision though. That was a clear 29-28 imo.

That coaches challenge next week looks awesome as well. I always look forward to these episodes week after week. They did a good job with this season despite being a little over dramatic at times.
Bubbles
11/16/12 8:54:38AM
writing a diary is the secret to winning
Franklinfan47
11/16/12 11:28:27AM
Seems like there has been alot of injuries this season, but overall the fights and match-ups have been good. I think Whittaker will smash Lucas to set up that final with Scott.

I also think Fletcher vs Parke will be the LW final but hopefully my guy can pull off the upset
Rabi
11/16/12 12:20:32PM
Firstly we hear the news that danclarke is out after an eye poke in training. I was gutted, we spoke with Mike a few weeks ago, think he has done enough though to get another shot in the UFC.

cowcatcher returns as his replacement. SF's are announced.

WW

Ben Alloway (12-3), 31, GoldCoast (welterweight) - FastKnockout v Brad Scott (8-1), 23, Melksham (welterweight) - Bubbles

Xavier Lucas (8-3-1), 31, Perth (welterweight) - Poor_Franklin v Robert Whitaker (9-2), 21, Sydney (welterweight) - Budgellism

LW

Colin Fletcher (8-1), 29, Sunderland (lightweight) - Rabi v Richie Vaculik (9-1), 29, Sydney (lightweight) - cowcatcher

Norman Parke (16-2), 25, Bushmills, Northern Ireland (lightweight) - george112 v Brendan Loughnane (5-0) Manchester (lightweight) - FF47

In the first SF Bubbles beats FastKO by a SD, I agree with Budge, I scored it 29-28 to Brad.

Ben Alloway (12-3), 31, GoldCoast (welterweight) - FastKnockout v Brad Scott (8-1), 23, Melksham (welterweight) - Bubbles - Scott SD
shaneTpain
11/17/12 5:24:50PM
Just catching up on this weeks TUF's to warm up for GSP's return tonight
Wow cant believe Mike Wilk is out just like that.. finger in the eye anddddd surgery have a nice day. jeeez its shame, he was one of the more elite fighters on the UK team.. oh well I like how Dana punished the Brits for breaking the rules by giving the 2nd chance to the Aussies.. karma at its best. The fight was intense & the English Forrest Griffin pulled out a nice win I'm looking forward to the coachs challenge next week, it looks like the best one yet! Also looking forward to the TUF Smashes finale! It looks fantastic for a free card & its not even complete yet

Ross Pearson vs. George Sotiropoulos
Hector Lombard vs. Rousimar Palhares
"The Ultimate Fighter: Australia vs. UK" welterweight final
"The Ultimate Fighter: Australia vs. UK" lightweight final
Seth Baczynski vs. Mike Pierce
Hacran Dias vs. Chad Mendes
Joey Beltran vs. Igor Pokrajac
Eddie Mendez vs. Nick Penner

Budgellism
11/17/12 5:30:09PM

Posted by shaneTpain

Just catching up on this weeks TUF's to warm up for GSP's return tonight
Wow cant believe Mike Wilk is out just like that.. finger in the eye anddddd surgery have a nice day. jeeez its shame, he was one of the more elite fighters on the UK team.. oh well I like how Dana punished the Brits for breaking the rules by giving the 2nd chance to the Aussies.. karma at its best. The fight was intense & the English Forrest Griffin pulled out a nice win I'm looking forward to the coachs challenge next week, it looks like the best one yet! Also looking forward to the TUF Smashes finale! It looks fantastic for a free card & its not even complete yet

Ross Pearson vs. George Sotiropoulos
Hector Lombard vs. Rousimar Palhares
"The Ultimate Fighter: Australia vs. UK" welterweight final
"The Ultimate Fighter: Australia vs. UK" lightweight final
Seth Baczynski vs. Mike Pierce
Hacran Dias vs. Chad Mendes
Joey Beltran vs. Igor Pokrajac
Eddie Mendez vs. Nick Penner

I hope they give most of the guys a fight on the prelims. There are some match ups I'd like to see happen.
Rabi
11/17/12 5:45:18PM
I had a tweet conversation with Mike saying I was gutted for him and he sent back its all good with the wink smiley face, I defo think Mike will get a fight on the finale card.

PS I hope George beats Ross.
shaneTpain
11/17/12 5:53:45PM

Posted by Rabi

I had a tweet conversation with Mike saying I was gutted for him and he sent back its all good with the wink smiley face, I defo think Mike will get a fight on the finale card.

PS I hope George beats Ross.

Thats great to hear Rab! Unlike the cast of TUF16, this group of fighters DEFINITELY deserves a fight in the UFC (Well maybe not the douches who borrowed the neighbours phone)
Franklinfan47
11/22/12 8:49:38PM
This shits rigged

Nah Im happy for Parke, it'll be a great final between him and Freakshow. Hopefully Loughnane pops up on the prelims.
Rabi
11/23/12 3:45:36PM
This was a very close fight, I had Brendan winning rd 1 and Norman winning rds 2 and 3. I think Brendan will get at least one fight in the UFC.
Rabi
11/23/12 3:46:22PM
Norman Parke (16-2), 25, Bushmills, Northern Ireland (lightweight) - george112 beats Brendan Loughnane (5-0) Manchester (lightweight) - FF47 bu a UD

george is the first LW to make the final
Budgellism
11/23/12 4:03:26PM
It was a good episode. I enjoyed the coaches challenge, it was a nice change of pace from what they've done in the past. The fight started out slow but it picked up and was pretty entertaining as well.

Is next week's episode a double fight episode or was I just seeing things?
Rabi
11/23/12 4:07:21PM
There is 2 episodes left and 2 fights left, next week is the all Aussie SF
Budgellism
11/23/12 4:16:22PM

Posted by Rabi

There is 2 episodes left and 2 fights left, next week is the all Aussie SF

I see. I was pretty tired last night when I watched it. I guess my mind was playing tricks on me.
george112
11/23/12 4:37:09PM

Norman
shaneTpain
11/25/12 6:29:51PM
Busy weekend for me but finally got to catch the latest Smashes episode.
The coaches challenge was awesome! Very unique & much better idea then the pathetic track & field challenge Carwin & Nelson had to do a couple weeks back. The best coaches challenge has to be the US army sponsored obstacle course that Faber beat Cruz in during the live season. I wonder if there is a youtube video of all the coaches challenges from every TUF season? Thatd be cool to watch

The fight was fast paced & exciting. You have to give Brendan credit, he hung in there & was swinging to the very last second. Norman was just too well-rounded for the kid. Norman is surprisingly experienced for his age, but I cant see him beating Freakshow in the finals. This is Freakshows season to lose IMO.

Like I said last week, I CANNOT WAIT for the finale of this season!! Did you dudes know it is on Friday night & then the next night is the finale for the current US season!!!!!!!!!!!! ULTIMATE FIGHTER MMA ALL WEEKENDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Rabi
11/25/12 6:51:54PM
I knew, both cards have been merged for the main picks and wagers.
Bubbles
11/25/12 8:44:11PM
Not only are the Notre Dame Fighting Irish the top team in college football, but Norman "the Irish Fighter" Parke is going to win the season
george112
11/25/12 8:53:41PM

Posted by Bubbles

Not only are the Notre Dame Fighting Irish the top team in college football, but Norman "the Irish Fighter" Parke is going to win the season

THIS

Rabi
11/29/12 12:48:07PM
Budge knocks out the lacklustre P_F in an easy win.

Xavier Lucas looked awful, easy win for Robert Whitaker.

The WW final is now set:

Brad Scott (8-1), 23, Melksham (welterweight) - Bubbles v Robert Whitaker (9-2), 21, Sydney (welterweight) - Budgellism
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4