TUF Smashes

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Side Games » TUF Smashes
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Budgellism
9/27/12 4:30:49PM
Thanks Ray
Franklinfan47
9/27/12 7:22:04PM
I suppose I will stick with the UK fighter and take Brendan Loughnane.
shaneTpain
9/27/12 7:57:08PM
haha although I am on the Oz team its hard not to like The Freakshow. He doesnt have a typical fighter personality & he ain`t half bad at fighting either. Those knees in the clinch were solid & that reverse guillotine thing he had Ben caught in was unique! The fight was pretty good but the rest of the episode was sorta slow. The teams messed with the coach portraits (as usual) & George & Ross tried to talk shit.. which turned out to be very flat.. both dudes are just too nice haha can`t wait for next weeks episode
Budgellism
9/27/12 10:08:59PM
Nice performance from Fletcher.
Rabi
9/28/12 2:06:26AM
Fletcher did look good, he used his length well, good striking and good grappling. Team Aussie defo under estimated him.
Budgellism
9/28/12 2:51:05AM

Posted by Rabi

Fletcher did look good, he used his length well, good striking and good grappling. Team Aussie defo under estimated him.

He's got an interesting frame for 155. Similar to Jon Jones at 205. Long reach (with his arms and legs), tall and pretty skinny. Those knees he was able to hit in the clinch against the fence were nasty. A lot of guys can't do that. Like I said when they announced the cast, I see him winning for the Lightweights. There's a guy on Team Aussie that I think has a decent chance at beating him but that'll probably end up being the finals.

The guy I'm talking about is Richie Vaculik
Franklinfan47
9/29/12 2:39:36PM
The Freakshow
Rabi
10/4/12 12:19:17PM
Budge knocks out jjeans with a nasty punch. Very quick and very impressive for Budge:

Robert Whitaker (9-2), 21, Sydney (welterweight) - Budgellism beats Luke Newman (5-0), 22, London (welterweight) - jjeans rd 1 KO

Franklinfan47
10/4/12 8:44:02PM
WOW Those guys were throwin leather.

Also, Freakshow gets mad props for winning the wasabe challenge
Budgellism
10/4/12 8:49:10PM

Posted by Rabi

Budge knocks out jjeans with a nasty punch. Very quick and very impressive for Budge:

Robert Whitaker (9-2), 21, Sydney (welterweight) - Budgellism beats Luke Newman (5-0), 22, London (welterweight) - jjeans rd 1 KO

I just finished watching it. Luke came in with HUGE shots. That could have easily gone the other way. Beautiful overhand right though to end things off
shaneTpain
10/6/12 12:13:05AM
Compared to TUF16, TUFsmashes has had the more exciting matches. AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
Budgellism
10/6/12 10:06:46AM

Posted by shaneTpain

Compared to TUF16, TUFsmashes has had the more exciting matches. AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

TUF Smashes > TUF 16 All day imo.
Rabi
10/6/12 7:04:39PM
Im enjoying both, there seems to be more heat on TUF 16 though between the fighters in the house.
Rabi
10/11/12 12:16:11PM
Brutal, George112 brutilizes cowcatcher, I personally felt the fight should have been stopped, cowcatcher was bleeding all over the place.

The theme continues across both versions of TUF, the coach picking the fight loses, got to be some of the worst match making we've ever seen on TUF.

-Norman Parke (16-2), 25, Bushmills, Northern Ireland (lightweight) - george112 beats -Richie Vaculik (9-1), 29, Sydney (lightweight) - cowcatcher UD
Budgellism
10/11/12 11:01:16PM
Boy, was I wrong about Vaculik. Brits have the LWs and Aussies have the WWs so far.

Those elbows at the end of the 2nd round were nasty. I thought it was going to get stopped as well.

The fights on this version of tuf have been infinitely better than tuf 16. The guys on the show are more interesting as well. Freakshow is growing on me more and more as the weeks go by
Franklinfan47
10/12/12 6:02:41PM
I like Norman Parke, I hope he goes far in the competition.
shaneTpain
10/13/12 6:14:38PM
goddamnit!!! just watched the latest episode & the video suddenly stops at the end of the first round I assume from your posts that TheAussie LW doesn't score an upset KO in the 2nd. haha Overall a pretty bland episode.. the Aussie team goes for a jog on the beach & the UK team cleans the kitchen.......... haha
Rabi
10/18/12 1:51:27PM
shaneTpain ruthlessly slams JLS1980 on his head before sinking in a choke. Any one else finding Pearson's constant wining annoying, not keen on him or George as a coach but I certainly prefer George.

Manuel Rodriguez (9-3), 27, Sydney (welterweight) - shaneTpain beats Bola Omoyele (6-1), 30, London (welterweight) - JLS1980 by rd1 North South choke.
Budgellism
10/18/12 4:58:57PM

Posted by Rabi

shaneTpain ruthlessly slams JLS1980 on his head before sinking in a choke. Any one else finding Pearson's constant wining annoying, not keen on him or George as a coach but I certainly prefer George.

Manuel Rodriguez (9-3), 27, Sydney (welterweight) - shaneTpain beats Bola Omoyele (6-1), 30, London (welterweight) - JLS1980 by rd1 North South choke.

I'm feeling the opposite to be honest. I like Pearson as a coach and George isn't coming off well to me.

That was a weird fight. Bola was beating him everywhere and then the slam took everything out of him. Aussies 3-0 in the Welterweight division. It would be crazy if all the UK Lightweights won and all the Welterweight Aussies won.
Rabi
10/18/12 5:53:12PM
I was thinking that as well, Im enjoying both seasons of TUF, its mad having 2 running side by side.
Franklinfan47
10/18/12 7:52:13PM
Bola choked!
shaneTpain
10/20/12 4:07:06PM
WOWWWW! Just finished the latest episode fellas! I was convinced Manny would lose. The episode was highly focused on the UK team (volleyball/food fight, swmming/freakshows ass, concussed dude wanting to quit) & the UK team member set to fight was given much more camera time in earlier episodes. I wasn't even sure what my guy looked like until episode 4 when he was first interviewed. haha So you can imagine how surprised I am that he won it. & in spectacular fashion. That slam was brutal & to follow up with a slick sub finish was genius! haha well maybe i'm just a little biased

PS: I also agree with Budge that its very likely the UK Lightweights will sweep and all the Welterweight Aussies will advance. haha Wouldn't that be funny
Rabi
10/25/12 3:13:08PM
I real feel for Manny, that guy has a ton of heart, I hope he gest a fight in the UFC once his leg fixs.

As Manny drops out shaneTpain automatically gets his replacement, James Vainikolo.

Now on to the fight, FF47 win by decision ove the young kid that no one picked. I personally agreed with the decision. Brendan Loughnane did more damage at the end of rd 1 then Patrick Iodice during the whole of that round and Brendan dominated rd2. So far the UK have 3 LW's and Aussie have 3 WW's. Thats crazy LOL.
Budgellism
10/25/12 7:53:56PM

Posted by Rabi

I real feel for Manny, that guy has a ton of heart, I hope he gest a fight in the UFC once his leg fixs.

As Manny drops out shaneTpain automatically gets his replacement, James Vainikolo.

Now on to the fight, FF47 win by decision ove the young kid that no one picked. I personally agreed with the decision. Brendan Loughnane did more damage at the end of rd 1 then Patrick Iodice during the whole of that round and Brendan dominated rd2. So far the UK have 3 LW's and Aussie have 3 WW's. Thats crazy LOL.

I agree with the decision too. Patrick really didn't do much and he's clearly got a lot going on in his head that only experience can help him with. It sucks that Manny had to go. That's a nasty leg kick.

The guy replacing Manny is an okay fighter. 8-4 with wins over mostly .500 or below guys.

I'm looking forward to next week's episode.
Franklinfan47
10/25/12 8:39:19PM
Wasnt pretty, but got the job done (thats what she said). Movin onto the semis.

Im thinking/hoping Manny will get another shot. Its only fair.
shaneTpain
10/26/12 3:59:59PM

Posted by Rabi

he's no Manny but I'll take em
even tho he's one of the ugliest human beings I've ever seen
honestly, I was hoping you'd give me Russel Bandingo
Rabi
10/26/12 4:01:56PM

Posted by shaneTpain

Posted by Rabi

he's no Manny but I'll take em
even tho he's one of the ugliest human beings I've ever seen
honestly, I was hoping you'd give me Russel Bandingo

LOL! Russel Bandigo was so funny.
shaneTpain
10/26/12 5:29:06PM

Posted by Rabi

Colin has me laughing every episode !
Its impossible not to root for the guy, especially after he showed Manny the most compassion out of everyone in the house. WAR FREAKSHOW !
Budgellism
10/26/12 6:28:27PM

Posted by shaneTpain

Posted by Rabi

Colin has me laughing every episode !
Its impossible not to root for the guy, especially after he showed Manny the most compassion out of everyone in the house. WAR FREAKSHOW !

Agreed. Freakshow is easily my favourite person in the house and my pick for LW winner since day one. Hopefully he can pull it off. I like his chances over the other two uk guys who have made it so far.
Rabi
10/27/12 5:24:36AM
Ive tweeted Freakshow, Im gonna interview him once the show finishes, also Mike Wilkinson is on my show next week.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4