TUF season 9 (spoilers!)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » TUF season 9 (spoilers!)
BelXavier420
4/8/09 11:07:28PM
I was really excited about this until tonight. Most of the fights where pretty good but at the end of the episode they bring in two fighters to replace a couple that had to go. One of the two is Rob Browning (Junie's Brother), and of course in a cut scene they show him acting like a total jackass. I am really pissed that they would turn this season into a circus as well. This Sucks!
Franklinfan47
4/8/09 11:20:33PM
Not to hate on you "yanks" but I found myself hoping the UK crushes the US team after tonight. Couple of good fighters, such as Mark Miller, but besides that, wasnt very impressed.
StorminYourman
4/8/09 11:24:22PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Not to hate on you "yanks" but I found myself hoping the UK crushes the US team after tonight. Couple of good fighters, such as Mark Miller, but besides that, wasnt very impressed.

I agree the UK fighters seem much more impresive!
However I am not a fairweather fan.
I gotta root for the home team !
War USA
Drudinh
4/9/09 2:32:44AM

Posted by StorminYourman

Posted by Franklinfan47

I agree the UK fighters seem much more impresive!
However I am not a fairweather fan.
I gotta root for the home team !
War USA

DCRage
4/9/09 6:42:44AM
Moved to Spoilers Forum from UFC Forum. Remember folks, no spoilers outside that forum. Seriously.
babytater03
4/9/09 7:54:18AM

Posted by BelXavier420

I was really excited about this until tonight. Most of the fights where pretty good but at the end of the episode they bring in two fighters to replace a couple that had to go. One of the two is Rob Browning (Junie's Brother), and of course in a cut scene they show him acting like a total jackass. I am really pissed that they would turn this season into a circus as well. This Sucks!

the one thing i was hoping and praying for was that they would cut out the damn antics at the house, or at least not put so much hyped drama on it. Lets make a damn fight show please! Show training, instruction, and the blood sweat and tears these guys put into each fight. Why do you need anything else from this show?
Mayhem13
4/9/09 8:25:40AM

Posted by babytater03

Posted by BelXavier420
. Why do you need anything else from this show?

ratings. The casual MMA fan, which is probably a pretty high percentage of the weekly viewers on SPIKE, need more then just training to eep the entertained and to keep them coming back.

I get tired of the antics as well, but I understand why they do it.
Aaronno9
4/9/09 8:50:07AM
Gay, I heard rumors about Rob getting on the show and I was glad when I saw the team announced and he wasnt on it. Makes me loose alot of respect for Dana, I always felt he should of removed Junie from the show, but in the end I bought into the idea the only reason Dana let him stay was to let him get his ass handed to him. Now seeing hes allowed Rob into the house, who seems to be exacly the same as Junie, shows me that Dana just has no morals. I just hope Rob watches his step, im not sure many of the UK guys will let him run around throwing glasses at them ect and just sit there.
gartface
4/9/09 9:48:16AM
I can agree with the sentiments about Rob Browning. I hope he doesn't make it into the house permanently. It looks like he's doing it just to be like his brother, it doesn't look like he's genuinely like that, we'll see though.

I told some friends a few weeks ago that Richie Whitson was going to win the show, and I liked what I saw from him. The UK team does look tough, they are very crafty and garner a lot of consideration. Team USA just showed up flat footed man, and it was so disappointing to watch them not make weight, or come on the show with a herpes lesion(c'mon, you know you aren't going to be aloud on the show...).

I am excited for this season due to the fact that Dan Henderson is coaching and if anyone is going to shape those Americans up, I think that Hendo can.
DCRage
4/9/09 11:27:02AM
Just found a short leaked clip of next week's show with Rob and...well...take cover.

http://www.cagefilm.com/video/1374/TUF-9-episode-3-leak
The_Ho_Bag
4/9/09 11:53:14AM
the guy waylon lowe- i know him personal i used to train with him before he left for the show i feel like he got robbed. the guy he fought wasn't doing anything for 2 mins and could barely stand up at the end of rd 1. i felt like steve was warning him like 59463706084895 times. it was over 2 mins of GnP and no fighting back, made me mad that he got kneed in the face then tapped out.

USA really didnt impress me, they didn't make weight and treated it like it was nothing. UK is bad , very good fighters especially at LW. USA need to step their game up
but being that im American : WAR USA
haggiswashere
4/9/09 4:12:48PM
I'm so stoked Damarques Johnson made it. He trains here in utah and I watched him when he was fighting at the local mma league. Its cool. He is a pretty laid back guy. WAR US AND WAR UTAH!!!!
Jackelope
4/9/09 9:02:39PM
What was the name of the dude Damarques Johnson fought? Supposedly he trained Muay Thai for 3 years in Thailand? From what I saw he had 0 footwork and looked like he was afraid of getting hit. I was really surprised by that. Having trained in Thailand for 3 years I expected some moves, but man that was disappointing
The_Ho_Bag
4/9/09 9:55:57PM

Posted by Jackelope

What was the name of the dude Damarques Johnson fought? Supposedly he trained Muay Thai for 3 years in Thailand? From what I saw he had 0 footwork and looked like he was afraid of getting hit. I was really surprised by that. Having trained in Thailand for 3 years I expected some moves, but man that was disappointing

i was laughing at him, he had such a thai stance and he was so stiff too.

id figure 3 years would make you an animal on the feet
DCRage
4/10/09 6:49:26AM
Ray Elbe. He was fighting out of Thailand.
scoozna
4/10/09 8:34:45AM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

the guy waylon lowe- i know him personal i used to train with him before he left for the show i feel like he got robbed. the guy he fought wasn't doing anything for 2 mins and could barely stand up at the end of rd 1. i felt like steve was warning him like 59463706084895 times. it was over 2 mins of GnP and no fighting back, made me mad that he got kneed in the face then tapped out.

That was real strange. I've never seen a beating go on that long with a dude covering up and not fighting back. There have been times when, as an armchair referree you can tell the shots are not really landing, but you know, the fight gets stopped anyway! This time, different result. Not very consistent.
DCRage
4/10/09 8:44:59AM
Didn't see Kimbo-JT, I presume?
The_Ho_Bag
4/10/09 10:09:12AM

Posted by scoozna

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

That was real strange. I've never seen a beating go on that long with a dude covering up and not fighting back. There have been times when, as an armchair referree you can tell the shots are not really landing, but you know, the fight gets stopped anyway! This time, different result. Not very consistent.

all he said was he lost, but we assumed he got killed but idk why steve didnt stop it idc if most shots weren't landing he wasnt fighting back

and yah pretty much JT vs Kimbo aha
MMAcca
4/17/09 6:20:16PM
Nice to see Rob Browning getting Beaten.

gartface
4/22/09 10:50:20PM
Did I just see Kid sitting with Dana?
Playground_Samurai
4/23/09 4:20:04AM
Yea, I seen him too.
MMAcca
4/25/09 1:53:45AM
1-0 to the UK