"TUF 7" runner-up C.B. Dollaway expected to return at UFC 92

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » "TUF 7" runner-up C.B. Dollaway expected to return at UFC 92
nickcuc547
9/16/08 10:00:07PM
"The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rampage vs. Team Forrest" runner-up C.B. Dollaway (7-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) will likely return to action at UFC 92, an event that takes place Dec. 27 in Las Vegas.

A source close to the fighter told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) of the return date and that, though not signed, Dollaway could face veteran fighter Jorge Rivera (15-7 MMA, 4-5 UFC) at the year-end event.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/5298/tuf-7-runner-up-c-b-dollaway-expected-to-return-at-ufc-92.mma
nickcuc547
9/16/08 10:01:35PM
I guess we'll find out pretty quickly what cb is made of, a win over rivera means you can hang, but if you lose to him you probably won't be in title contention in the near future.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
9/16/08 10:05:02PM
im glad they didnt give him a gimme fight like most of the tufers get.
Wolfenstein
9/16/08 10:17:46PM
Probably the perfect opponent to gauge where CB stands. Jorge is no joke. He's beaten Travis Lutter and Kendall Grove. He's also been in with the top MW's like Anderson Silva and Franklin. I think CB has the style to beat Jorge but he could be put away just as easilly because Jorge can explode and finish opponents with freakish strength.
Twenty20Dollars
9/16/08 11:56:27PM
Man idk about this for CB, tough fight i might go for jorge depending on the betting opportunity.
MMAcca
9/17/08 12:01:48AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Man idk about this for CB, tough fight i might go for jorge depending on the betting opportunity.

Most likely get some good odds, as i think CB will be the favourite.
haggiswashere
9/17/08 1:01:35AM
I dunno how jorge's mental is though. His daughter just passed away. i hope it doesn't come to that though. I wish they gave amir a tough opponent
prozacnation1978
9/17/08 1:55:15AM
tough fight for cb rivera could knock him out
wiggum
9/17/08 10:29:30AM
definitly will be a test for cbs chin....we pretty much know were cb stands as far as sub defense (needs work), has decent stand up escpcially for the short time he's been training, and of course excellent wrestling....last thing to test is his chin, and jorge can do that.....jorge can outstrike him so im sure after he absorbs a couple shots, cb will take him down a look for a choke
ChokeUout
9/18/08 4:36:35AM
I agree, glad to see this matchup. Good to see they aren't gonna baby CB like they do alot of Tuf vets, like it looks like they are gonna do for Amir.

Anyways, I see CB taking this, and rather easy to be honest. DOn't really like CB, but with his wrestling pedigree, he should be able to take Rivera down when he wants to. And despite his losses to amir via armbar, Dollaway is quite a bit better on the ground than rivera, who has never impressed me there. Therefore, i expect his battle to end late first/early second via submission.