Although "TUF 13" run ended in eye surgery, Zach Davis isn't set on retirement

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Although "TUF 13" run ended in eye surgery, Zach Davis isn't set on retirement
pmoney
5/26/11 11:49:15PM
Zach Davis wishes things would have turned out differently, but he feels proud of what he did on "The Ultimate Fighter 13."

As seen in Wednesday's new episode, Davis lost his fight to Chuck O'Neil in the quarterfinal round of the reality-show tournament.

But a far more devastating blow was dealt to his career when a UFC doctor discovered tears in both his retinas after the bout and opted to perform immediate corrective surgery. Afterward, the doctor said he'd never fight again.

Article
Twenty20Dollars
5/27/11 12:07:43AM
Seem to be seeing this eye injury occur more often now.

I didn't think Zach took that many punches near the eyes in that fight, sucks that it happened to both of his eyes.
Budgellism
5/27/11 1:14:27AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Seem to be seeing this eye injury occur more often now.

I didn't think Zach took that many punches near the eyes in that fight, sucks that it happened to both of his eyes.

I just watched the episode and I definitely noticed a bunch of punches that hit him directly in the eyes. His face was a complete mess.
CCPRIDE99
5/27/11 5:18:28PM
i hope he gets some type of surgery or something where he can be ok. i was personally upset for the guy when it happened and i hope he gets to come back somehow
Franklinfan47
5/27/11 8:57:47PM
In his blog this week, chris cope said that Davis has a condition which makes his eyes protrude from his skull more than usual. It makes him more prone to eye injuries.

But ya, hope he can come back and live his dream.
Twenty20Dollars
5/27/11 11:32:58PM
Sucks for them though, considering he beat Chuck then had to face him again. Then it wasnt like he won a close decision, he beat Chuck with a triangle.

But, as long as Chris Cope doesnt make the finals I'll be fine.