TUF Question.....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » TUF Question.....
Trapt1nw0nder
3/29/07 4:14:36PM
How do TUF shows and airings work??

How far apart is the actual live fights and the time they air them?......Do you all think the whole thing is done and over with right now as we speak,and just aired once a week starting April....or do you think they are actually still at the house right now as we speak?

this is something i never understood......cuz if it is over and done with already,how do they keep info from spreading all over the internet forums and such?...

the reason i say it could already be over and done with(or at least half way there) is because when the last episode airs,1 or 2 weeks later is when the TUF Season Finale is aired,and the fighters have had at least 2 months to rest before they fight for the contract.......so how can they keep spoilers from leaking?....a fighter eliminated from the house can easily say "f*ck it" and leak out spoilers since they have no chance at getting a contract.......
Mastodon2
3/29/07 4:18:06PM
As far as I understand it, they are in the house (towards the end of the contest) when the show begins to be aired, and episodes are being cut and edited at a high pace (thankfully this kind of show can be cut together very quickly).
ffforgottenx
3/29/07 4:20:29PM
im 99% positive that all filming is already done, all fights have already taken place, and the winners are already determined.. they have to have time to edit the footage and put it all together, and like you said, the fighters need recovery time for the finale..

as for leaks, im pretty sure there is something in the contract where they could be sued like crazy if they leak anything.. otherwise, i think in seasons 1-4 there would have been alot of leaks.. i dont think anyone wants to get on the bad side of zuffa.. zuffa layin down the law haha
Ydoc
3/29/07 4:20:40PM
They will get fined millions of dollars if they leak the final matchups, it's in the contract they sign to not reveal any results. Much like what Survivor has since the final two is decided way prior to the finale. I think the whole show takes a month to do a season, but don't quote me on it.
Trapt1nw0nder
3/29/07 4:23:39PM

Posted by Mastodon2

As far as I understand it, they are in the house (towards the end of the contest) when the show begins to be aired, and episodes are being cut and edited at a high pace (thankfully this kind of show can be cut together very quickly).

But how about the fighters sent home at the begining?....or do you think they just send them to an other house somewhere....

and an other thing....at the end of every show they give you a sneak peek of what will happen the next week....so i dont think they Edit at that high of a pace
Trapt1nw0nder
3/29/07 4:28:05PM

Posted by ffforgottenx

im 99% positive that all filming is already done, all fights have already taken place, and the winners are already determined.. they have to have time to edit the footage and put it all together, and like you said, the fighters need recovery time for the finale..

as for leaks, im pretty sure there is something in the contract where they could be sued like crazy if they leak anything.. otherwise, i think in seasons 1-4 there would have been alot of leaks.. i dont think anyone wants to get on the bad side of zuffa.. zuffa layin down the law haha

thats what i think too...i think its all over and done with already.....

i still dont understand how they can keep leaks from happening........Pretend Nick Diaz's brother Nate got his ass kicked and kicked out of the house,dont you think Nate's neighbor is gonna see him walking around with a black eye?lol

what is to stop him from going on the internet and telling everyone this?
Gladiator
3/29/07 5:07:23PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by ffforgottenx

i still dont understand how they can keep leaks from happening........Pretend Nick Diaz's brother Nate got his ass kicked and kicked out of the house,dont you think Nate's neighbor is gonna see him walking around with a black eye?lol

its in the contract that they cant leak any information or they will get fined... but its nearly impossible to make something like that 100% leak proof and the finales have been leaked in the past. i saw a spoiler for TUF 4 and knew that cote, lutter, serra, and lytle were going to be the finalists before the first episode aired but at the time i didnt know who most of them were anyway. im actually surprised the TUF 5 finalists havent been leaked yet in the spoiler forum
madmarck
3/29/07 5:21:41PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Im pretty sure they have spoken of the loser house every season. When afighter is elimated they are sent there.
As for spoilers. I think the UFC signs some sort of contract for them to keep their mouths shut. And i mean they do fight and get paid 5k if the finish someone.
So if any of them did talk Zuffa could sue them.
keith-hackney1
3/29/07 5:30:52PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

How do TUF shows and airings work??

How far apart is the actual live fights and the time they air them?......Do you all think the whole thing is done and over with right now as we speak,and just aired once a week starting April....or do you think they are actually still at the house right now as we speak?

this is something i never understood......cuz if it is over and done with already,how do they keep info from spreading all over the internet forums and such?...

the reason i say it could already be over and done with(or at least half way there) is because when the last episode airs,1 or 2 weeks later is when the TUF Season Finale is aired,and the fighters have had at least 2 months to rest before they fight for the contract.......so how can they keep spoilers from leaking?....a fighter eliminated from the house can easily say "f*ck it" and leak out spoilers since they have no chance at getting a contract.......

I thought that the fighters were still in the house til around the quarter final stages of the show, then, when the two finals are set, they were released to train for the
finale. Thats the way it was when bispuin was on tuf3 series. He didnt return to England until after the finale fight card was complete.
nellyhiphophead
3/30/07 11:21:19AM

Posted by ffforgottenx

your right nd i herd befor that it's $1,000,000 if you leak it. it's in the contract.
nellyhiphophead
3/30/07 11:24:41AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by ffforgottenx

just cause a guy has a black eye don't mena he lose the fight. look at gsp v.s penn if you looked at there faces after the fight you wouldn't think gsp won the fight.
Ydoc
3/30/07 11:33:27AM

Posted by madmarck
Im pretty sure they have spoken of the loser house every season. When afighter is

I've heard of that too, but wasn't sure if I was mixing this show up with Big Brother. They only needed that house for TUF 1 and 2 because on TUF 3 and 4 they kept the losers in the main house. Still remember because Mikey was there on the last day running into walls long after he lost his fight.

nellyhiphophead
3/30/07 11:47:06AM
ya true i like how they keep them around gives the guys who are still fighting training partners. and plus all these guys could learn so much more staying in the guy the whole time.
PeteD
4/1/07 5:51:55PM
The tryouts for TUF 5 were sometime in the first 2 weeks in January. The fighters are in the house for 6 weeks. The fighters who go to the finals are allowed a few weeks to train with their own teams unitl the live finale. With that said, yes, the fighters aren't even in the house anymore. I think it's also fair to say that they edit the footage as the show goes along.
PeteD
4/1/07 5:54:19PM
Another TUF question, when is TUF 2 going to come out on DVD? I can't find it anywhere.