TUF preview/sneak peek

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » TUF preview/sneak peek
BeeR
9/18/11 3:26:58PM
as if the last few seasons werent garbage enough, this season looks to be the most heavily scripted trash yet, I mean come on, it looks worse then big brother, or bachelor pad, or any of those garbage shows. Ill probably watch the 2 hour premiere too see the fights but I wont be watching the rest of the episodes, aside from the last few minutes too see the fights........if they are even worth watching.

I hope the ratings are horrible.

FastKnockout
9/18/11 3:55:55PM
What are your reasons? You seem a bit harsh on a season that's yet to start. I'm excited, honestly. From what the previews showed, this season seems to have everything you could want from TUF.

-New weight classes
-Fighters with decent records and experience
-Fighters with personality
-Decent coaches with experience and personality
-Exciting fights

Budgellism
9/18/11 4:24:39PM
Mayhem is going to be 100% Mayhem. There are no scripts. Bisping is a douche and Miller is an immature crazy bastard. This season pretty much writes itself. I'm excited for it also. This season has a different feel to it than the last several. I hope I'm right. Otherwise, I might be saying bye to TUF for good.
BeeR
9/18/11 5:10:02PM

Posted by FastKnockout

What are your reasons? You seem a bit harsh on a season that's yet to start. I'm excited, honestly. From what the previews showed, this season seems to have everything you could want from TUF.

-New weight classes
-Exciting fights

too much antics, both in house and coaches, donkeys, mariachi bands, fighting with fire extinguishers, after fight in cage BS.

what I want from TUF, exciting fights put on by PROFESSIONAL acting fighters, who present themselves as men, not boys
Coaches who are there to coach these men, not to act like a bunch of prop comedians, whether they were told to by production or not.

i though the show was to find the best up and comer, not to look like a Vince McMahon production.

Im kind of hoping all the BS they showed was maybe from one episode.
They need to get back to focusing on the fighters.

Harsh or not, TUF has gone way down hill, and making it into a soap opera isnt going to turn it around
Kpro
9/18/11 5:15:15PM
The fights should be great, but the coaches are both very annoying. And I thought when they announced Tito/Shamrock as coaches that it couldn't get worse.

I'm just glad TUF won't be under SPIKE's editing control after this season and the UFC can make it more fighting and training and less forced drama.
Pookie
9/18/11 5:39:55PM

Posted by BeeR

Posted by FastKnockout

-New weight classes
-Exciting fights

too much antics, both in house and coaches, donkeys, mariachi bands, fighting with fire extinguishers, after fight in cage BS.

what I want from TUF, exciting fights put on by PROFESSIONAL acting fighters, who present themselves as men, not boys
Coaches who are there to coach these men, not to act like a bunch of prop comedians, whether they were told to by production or not.

i though the show was to find the best up and comer, not to look like a Vince McMahon production.

Im kind of hoping all the BS they showed was maybe from one episode.
They need to get back to focusing on the fighters.

Harsh or not, TUF has gone way down hill, and making it into a soap opera isnt going to turn it around

You are never going to get a show that maintains ratings and fits into your expectations. Ever.

And because of this, the people who set the show up look for the immature, brash, put on antics and have after the fight cage BS fighters.

I don't see the point in being so negative when the system isn't going to change. You end up just pissing yourself off. And then you're the one who suffers.
BeeR
9/18/11 7:40:53PM
why would I get pissed off? lol
I just wont watch the show like the last 4 seasons, no skin off my back.
I just think its time for a change

and TUF hasnt maintained its ratings, the ratings get worse every season despite the added BS.
warglory
9/18/11 8:43:34PM

Posted by BeeR

and TUF hasnt maintained its ratings, the ratings get worse every season despite the added BS.

What's the point in having a reality show that just features fights, and guys going home to drink protein shakes and swim in a pool?

If you just want fights, that defeats the purpose of the show really.
Pookie
9/18/11 8:56:38PM

Posted by BeeR

Well you sounded passionate about the show being garbage and hoping the ratings sucked, i guess i just figured you had some emotional investment in your opinion. Hence the pissed off, but it sounds like i just made and assumption. Didn't mean to mis-interpret you.
Twenty20Dollars
9/18/11 11:56:01PM

Posted by Kpro

The fights should be great, but the coaches are both very annoying. And I thought when they announced Tito/Shamrock as coaches that it couldn't get worse.

This.

Although I did like one of Shamrock's line from the show. I believe it was something like "you little bitch monkey."
fonduktoe
9/19/11 4:41:29AM
i think its ridiculous what people expect from this show. its goddam television. not reality. you get free fights and get to know possible up and comers. if the format of the show is so unpalatable for you that you need to get your chest puffed up as you type than please stop watching. i've watched every season since its inception and i've definitely liked some more than others but this is free mma and a look into fighters on a major venue. both of those things are awesome and were unheard of when i was a kid so stop bitching or stop watching. remember if it wasnt for tuf we wouldn't be seeing the level of production and acceptance for mma that we have today.
fonduktoe
9/19/11 4:52:16AM

Posted by BeeR

as if the last few seasons werent garbage enough, this season looks to be the most heavily scripted trash yet, I mean come on, it looks worse then big brother, or bachelor pad, or any of those garbage shows. Ill probably watch the 2 hour premiere too see the fights but I wont be watching the rest of the episodes, aside from the last few minutes too see the fights........if they are even worth watching.

i wish i could give you negative props for this. right now when mma has a huge chance to explode into pop culture even moreso than it has in the past few years, you're hoping that the ufc's primary mainstream outlet does bad? ill put you in a time machine and take you back to the days when fights were in warehouses and unsanctioned and completely niche. i guarantee you wouldn't like it if the shenanigans of a bunch of fighters in a house on a TV SHOW bothered you.
BeeR
9/19/11 5:24:29AM

Posted by fonduktoe

Posted by BeeR

i wish i could give you negative props for this. right now when mma has a huge chance to explode into pop culture even moreso than it has in the past few years, you're hoping that the ufc's primary mainstream outlet does bad? ill put you in a time machine and take you back to the days when fights were in warehouses and unsanctioned and completely niche. i guarantee you wouldn't like it if the shenanigans of a bunch of fighters in a house on a TV SHOW bothered you.

haha, I was at the shows in dingy bars and worn down gyms with 30 people watching, I GUARANTEE it didnt bother me, so have fun making a time machine, dont forget the flux capacitor. There is no way in hell MMA is going to explode anymore then it already has, especially from a show that made it explode because of great fighters that wanted to fight, that has now spiraled into almost nothing to do with fighting aside from the few minutes of fights at the end of the broadcast,

Posted by fonduktoe

remember if it wasnt for tuf we wouldn't be seeing the level of production and acceptance for mma that we have today.

Thats my point which Ive stated, if you took the time to read, rather then get all macho and try to preach to me, talk about chest puffed out lol.
season 1, 2, 3 are looooong gone my friend and the show has completely lost its emphasis.
scoozna
9/19/11 10:16:59AM
I thought the last few seasons were a bit short on personality. I liked the emphasis on the fighting and training, but I would like to see a bit more of the antics. Like Warglory already said, I don't want to just see them workout and drink protein shakes. I don't want them jizzing in each others sushi either, but in the past we've seen some things that were pretty entertaining:

- The guy who couldn't take it anymore and had to go see his girlfriend
- Krystoff doing pranks - ok, his pranks sucked, but the competition to out-prank each other was good
- Various fighters lose but get brought back due to other fighter injuries.
- Jesse Taylor's drinking. That was soap opera material.
- The male nurse thing. I don't know why he was there either, but stood up for himself pretty good, and Kos looked foolish in the end.
- Various coach standoffs.

I may not watch it as religiously as I used to, but I'm definitely going to watch.
Twenty20Dollars
9/19/11 1:20:14PM
I understand that it's a tv show and needs rating and antics to get that, but I don't care for them much. It's kinda just a waste of my time watching those antics. I'm just here to watch the fighters fight.

I forgot that it started this Wednesday.
tmas
9/19/11 3:22:18PM
no one cares if your gonna watch or not, it has absoulty zero impact on our lives OMG YOUR NOT GONNA WATCH......OMG OMG OMG....o wat i didnt know before and now i still dont care....dont watch please. thx.
BeeR
9/19/11 6:01:54PM
thanks for the input, now go sit in the corner and drink your juice box kid.
You're making people dumb trying to decipher what you said.
warglory
9/19/11 10:47:17PM

Posted by tmas

no one cares if your gonna watch or not, it has absoulty zero impact on our lives OMG YOUR NOT GONNA WATCH......OMG OMG OMG....o wat i didnt know before and now i still dont care....dont watch please. thx.

Orrrrrr this is an mma related thread on an mma forum where people come to chat about mma stuff, wherein the point is to discuss, not to convince or force your views upon others.
prozacnation1978
9/19/11 11:45:05PM
Ratings for tuf started to drop when they started showing more training and less house antics. They need to show more house stuff it is entertaining when they make fools of themselves. I wanna see the fights but not 30 mins of training and 15 min fights
tmas
9/20/11 1:00:06AM

Posted by warglory

Posted by tmas

Orrrrrr this is an mma related thread on an mma forum where people come to chat about mma stuff, wherein the point is to discuss, not to convince or force your views upon others.

yes you are right, and thats why i didnt like the post there was no discussion, it was im not watching because a, b, c. instead it should be more like.

are you gonna watch? why? why not? bla bla.

instead we got a rant on why one person isnt gonnna watch that annoyed me and sorry :P
Hendo67
9/20/11 3:58:33PM
I'm looking forward to seeing some of the interactions between Bisping and Miller, i dislike Bisping a lot, and i can take or leave Mayhem 80% of the time... I just want to see Jason toy with Bisping the entire season, just rag on him the entire time and i'll be so happy.