TUF Live Finale medical suspensions: Chiesa and Schilling suspended six months

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » TUF Live Finale medical suspensions: Chiesa and Schilling suspended six months
prophecy033
6/4/12 11:45:03PM
The Nevada State Athletic Commission has suspended both "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" champion Michael Chieaa and preliminary-card fighter Pat Schilling six months after this past weekend's UFC event, officials today confirmed via email with MMAjunkie.com.

Link
KungFuMaster
6/4/12 11:54:55PM
Chiesa, the ultimate fighter winner, needs a break anyway. He must have injured his hand prior to the finale because I don't recall him landing any hard shots.
Bubbles
6/4/12 11:56:57PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Chiesa, the ultimate fighter winner, needs a break anyway. He must have injured his hand prior to the finale because I don't recall him landing any hard shots.

he has pretty shitty striking to begin with. He is a grappler first and foremost and that is what he used to win his fights. Hopefully he can develop some better technique otherwise he will get eaten alive at 155
prophecy033
6/4/12 11:59:39PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by KungFuMaster

he has pretty shitty striking to begin with. He is a grappler first and foremost and that is what he used to win his fights. Hopefully he can develop some better technique otherwise he will get eaten alive at 155

That guys gonna look like a TOTALLY different fighter the next time we see him. thats how this always works except this time there wasn't a huge gap between the last episode and the finale
Kpro
6/5/12 3:11:37AM
Didn't Chiesa have 4 fights in 5 weeks? No big surprise he or Iaquinta, or both, were going to have something that would land them a hefty medical suspension.