TUF 7 the lightweight tournament

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » TUF 7 the lightweight tournament
velvet_pimp
7/20/07 10:38:56AM
Why dont the UFC use the next season of TUF to hold a lightweight tourney for the open belt left by Sherk.

The ratings would be through the roof as there would be a quality fight every week. Could you imagine Huerta , Thomas, Florian, Penn as the 1 through 4 seeds on the show.(no particular order) What would keep them from doing this as they have already shown TV can dictate their title defenses(Serra vs Hughes) I think this would be the highest rated season of TUF if they did it.

nellyhiphophead
7/20/07 11:00:53AM
they won't do that why would they i don't think they would make the cash off that like they could doing it over 2 ppv's
velvet_pimp
7/20/07 11:10:41AM

Posted by nellyhiphophead

they won't do that why would they i don't think they would make the cash off that like they could doing it over 2 ppv's

The problem with PPV is they are actual matches where the TUF is exhibitions. The risk of guys not getting cleared to fight for the next PPV would be too risky plus for an 8 man tourney it would be 4 ppv's so it would be well over a year long, factoring in they would fight every 2-3 ppvs. They could have the title fight on a fight night , with an actual 5 round fight.
Twenty20Dollars
7/20/07 12:15:08PM
lightweight tournament is not happening.
Lord_Lenny
7/20/07 2:17:15PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

lightweight tournament is not happening.

Plus they wouldnt be able to make a show out of it, seeing as how none of them would want to live together
ocho-cinco
7/20/07 3:45:00PM
That sounds good, but I can't see them even considering that.
casey64
7/21/07 3:38:15PM
They just had a light weight tuf.
masodd
7/22/07 7:40:29PM
good idea but i dont think dilhole dana would do it
masodd
7/22/07 7:42:45PM

Posted by casey64

he is talking about one with the best lightweight fighters to find out who would be the champ........next time actually read what the guy says not just the forum name
casey64
7/22/07 8:09:27PM

Posted by masodd

Posted by casey64

he is talking about one with the best lightweight fighters to find out who would be the champ........next time actually read what the guy says not just the forum name

Screw you ya tart