TUF 11 Hammortree vs Tavares

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » TUF 11 Hammortree vs Tavares
Aether
4/15/10 2:41:43AM
I don't know if anyone else noticed this but Tavares was clearly trying to stick his chin in Hammortree's eye near the end of the second round. Watch the fight with 1:05 remaining in the second round, he sticks his chin in his eye and tries to force it in for the next 5 seconds or so.

Pretty dirty IMO. I did score the fight in his favour, but I have little respect for a fighter who tries to use the old "Haseman" technique.
BlueSkiesBurn
4/15/10 4:58:05AM
How about the trunk grabbing by Hammortree?
emfleek
4/15/10 5:58:59AM
I'm going to go ahead and move this to the Spoilers forum for now just to be safe.

I noticed it, too, and thought the same thing. Not cool.
cowcatcher
4/15/10 8:58:04AM
i noticed, and im glad the shorts got mentioned too. it was borderline dirty stuff by both guys, but in a hard fought scrap like that where neither guy had no hard feelings afterwards ill call it gamesmanship.
Aether
4/15/10 11:10:20AM
eh, I don't think the two are really comparable, personally. Short and fence grabbing is largely instinctual, I would really only think the fighter was being cheap if he was warned several times throughout the fight, whereas shoving your chin into someone's eye socket is something potentially injurious to the opponent as well as something you have to actively think about and decide to do before doing it.
tmas
4/15/10 11:23:26AM

Posted by Aether

eh, I don't think the two are really comparable, personally. Short and fence grabbing is largely instinctual, I would really only think the fighter was being cheap if he was warned several times throughout the fight, whereas shoving your chin into someone's eye socket is something potentially injurious to the opponent as well as something you have to actively think about and decide to do before doing it.

exactly grabbing shorts happens allll the time i have seen chuck, tito, Forrest, Carwin, Mir, Lesnar, all Silvas lol etc everyone does it, usually its on accident you just grab to keep hold and end up catching the shorts, to continually do it is where it becomes on purpose i still dont consider it dirty...

the chin in the eye is a bitch move.
BlueSkiesBurn
4/15/10 5:09:08PM
Oh, I wasn't comparing the two, my bad. I actually had to go back and re-watch it and pay closer attention and yeah, that was a pretty bitch move. I will say this though about the short grabbing, I don't know how many times they had to tell Mazagatti that it was happening before he did something about it.