TUF finals this season

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » TUF finals this season
Franklinfan47
11/20/08 12:26:08PM
Who do you guys think will be in the finals this season? I got all the semifinal match-ups I wanted so I'm excited to see who will make the cut.

I think it'll go like this:

Semifinals
Nover def Roop
Efrain def Junie
Krystof def Vinny
Bader def Eliot

Finals
Krystof def Bader
Efrain def Nover

Thoughts?
juanez13
11/20/08 12:28:12PM
Finals will be:

Vinny vs Bader

Efrain vs Nover

Winner at LHW: Bader
Winner at LW: Nover
ohiostate1016
11/20/08 12:31:58PM
I'm pretty sure that Krsyztof will lose to Vinny. He called him out earlier in the season but didn't even say that he wanted to fight him in the interviews. Bader should be able to handle Marshall pretty easily, but I see him losing to Vinny in the finals.

Efrain and Nover will probably be in the finals at LW, and I see Efrain winning that one.
DCRage
11/20/08 12:32:42PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Who do you guys think will be in the finals this season? I got all the semifinal match-ups I wanted so I'm excited to see who will make the cut.

Semifinals
Nover def Roop
Efrain def Junie
Krystof def Vinny
Bader def Eliot

Finals
Krystof def Bader
Efrain def Nover

Thoughts?

That's what I have too. If Kryzsztof does not win I will see that as a major upset, similar to when Amir upset CB the first time last season.
haggiswashere
11/20/08 12:51:06PM

Posted by DCRage
That's what I have too. If Kryzsztof does not win I will see that as a major upset, similar to when Amir upset CB the first time last season.

ah i remember....

I say Kryzsztof and nover win
juanez13
11/20/08 12:52:57PM
I wont see it as an upset at all, Krystof has the weakest ground game out of the 4, and Vinny has the best BJJ out of the 4. All Krystof has is the striking and maybe wrestling, but Vinny will just pull guard if he cant get the takedown (as shown in the previews)....Krystof will be put in the defensive in the ground and he wont do much and sooner or later Vinny will catch him IMO.
Sledge23
11/20/08 1:16:32PM
I think your leaving out Vinny. He'll make it farther in the UFC than anyone in the house.
copcopps
11/20/08 1:24:48PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by DCRage

ah i remember....

I say Kryzsztof and nover win

aaa9erh8er
11/20/08 1:29:58PM
i really think the winner of the krystoff/vinny fight will be the over all winner and the lW will be nover for sure
loller90278
11/20/08 2:12:51PM
bader vs krystof in the finals
nover vs junie in the finals

krystoff = lhw winner
nover = lw winner
Franklinfan47
11/20/08 2:19:58PM

Posted by DCRage

Posted by Franklinfan47

Semifinals
Nover def Roop
Efrain def Junie
Krystof def Vinny
Bader def Eliot

Finals
Krystof def Bader
Efrain def Nover

Thoughts?

I'm enjoying this season alot more than last.
Hendo67
11/20/08 3:17:24PM
Semifinals
Nover def Roop
Efrain def Junie
Vinny def Krystof
Bader def Eliot

Finals
Vinny def Bader
Nover def Efrain

dannyfrank
11/20/08 3:36:31PM
lhw: bader beats vinny
lw: nover beats junie
Wolfenstein
11/20/08 4:59:48PM
Efain vs Nover (finals)
Bader vs Vinny (finals)

Winner LHW- Vinny
Winner LW- Nover

The LHW's could go either way, as the three guys I consider to be the best (Krystoff, Vinny, and Bader) are all deficient in some apect of the game. If you put them all together they would be an awesome well rounded fighter. It's kind of neat as this will be a battle of styles.

Krystoff- Good striker, mediocre wrestling, poor jiujitsu (don't let that slow armbar he pulled off fool you).

Bader- Good wrestler, mediocre striker, poor jiujitsu.

Vinny- Good jiujitsu, mediocre wrestling, poor striking.

At LHW I think Nover is the clear favorite. He seems to be very well rounded and Efrain's striking is really poor. I think Junie would actually be a better challenge for Nover, but I don't see it happening.
nickcuc547
11/20/08 7:09:13PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Semifinals
Nover def Roop
Efrain def Junie
Krystof def Vinny
Bader def Eliot

Finals
Krystof def Bader
Efrain def Nover

Thoughts?

agree but i think exact opposite in the final fights
dannyfrank
11/20/08 8:35:04PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Krystoff- Good striker, mediocre wrestling, poor jiujitsu (don't let that slow armbar he pulled off fool you).

ths is why i think that bader will win. he seems to be the most well-rounded out of the three
imanidiot777
11/20/08 8:37:24PM
No Matter what happens, I like all of the lightweights except Roop, and I like all four of the LHW's, I think whether or not they win all of them need to be in the UFC for a few fights at least, this season has a good talent pool.

That said I think Efrain vs. Nover and Vinny vs. Bader are the finals.
RiseUp21
11/20/08 9:25:28PM
what if Junie gets kicked off next episode? who do you think would move to the semis that already lost? Delgado, John P, or Nelson all have a good shot of getting invited to the semis by dana i think.
higdon10
11/20/08 10:26:51PM
I like Bader and Vinny at LHW. And Nover and Effrain and LW.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
11/20/08 10:49:01PM
everyone seems to be writing off eliot marshall . He has better striking and better jiu jitsu then badder . Krystov vs vinny is a tosup imo , nover easily winning the lw show . efrain i see beating junie .
haggiswashere
11/21/08 10:47:43PM

Posted by RiseUp21

what if Junie gets kicked off next episode? who do you think would move to the semis that already lost? Delgado, John P, or Nelson all have a good shot of getting invited to the semis by dana i think.

i think john p because dana said he thought his fight should have gone to the third.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
11/21/08 10:55:50PM
Bader def Krystoff
Efrain def Nover
StorminYourman
11/22/08 1:14:14AM

Posted by juanez13

Finals will be:

Vinny vs Bader

Efrain vs Nover

Winner at LHW: Bader
Winner at LW: Nover

:

I am pretty sure Nover will be in the finals as I have been saying since before the show started.
I am pretty sure Vinny will make it to the finals too,the guy is nuts yet super talented.
mrkennedy
11/22/08 1:14:37AM
Junie def. Efrain
Nover Dominate Roop
Bader def. Eliot
Krystof def. Vinny

Nover def. Junie
Krystof def. Bader
mrkennedy
11/22/08 1:18:27AM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by RiseUp21

i think john p because dana said he thought his fight should have gone to the third.

Nelson is way more talened then polakowski and delgado
RiseUp21
11/22/08 6:50:52PM

Posted by mrkennedy

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by RiseUp21

Nelson is way more talened then polakowski and delgado

yeah thats why i didnt make a prediction. Nelson is the most talented of the three, dana really likes polakowski, but delgado lost to junie.. so like i said, arguments could be made for all three.
Jackelope
11/22/08 7:00:39PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Efain vs Nover (finals)
Bader vs Vinny (finals)

Winner LHW- Vinny
Winner LW- Nover

The LHW's could go either way, as the three guys I consider to be the best (Krystoff, Vinny, and Bader) are all deficient in some apect of the game. If you put them all together they would be an awesome well rounded fighter. It's kind of neat as this will be a battle of styles.

At LHW I think Nover is the clear favorite. He seems to be very well rounded and Efrain's striking is really poor. I think Junie would actually be a better challenge for Nover, but I don't see it happening.

Good post. Here's my thoughts- I think Bader has good enough wrestling to take Kryzstof down and avoid subs while dishing out some GnP and keeping it off the feet.

I think against Vinny that Bader has good enough wrestling to dictate where the fight will go, and as a result of which he should be able to punish Vinny on the feet who is known to dislike getting hit.

So at LHW I see Bader as the pretty clear winner at this point. As long as he doesn't pull a Dolloway and stay on the ground against a guy who's likely to sub him. Then again, Amir was rumored to have pretty good standup, so I can't argue with CB taking Amir down
bls1919
11/24/08 5:48:44PM
Nover and Bader will be TUF champs