TUF 10 Finale Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » TUF 10 Finale Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/5/09 11:30:59PM
did i really drop my parlay cause of that jones DQ
Rush
12/5/09 11:32:53PM

Posted by sbulldavid

Posted by telnights

Posted by sbulldavid

Allright DQ that was what I was thinking, He did get more than one downward elbow in as well. Too bad, but the right call.

Are you kidding me he landed like one downward elbow like it even mattered Mazzagatti should have stopped it long before then. What did he want Jones ot do KIll him. Taking the win for Jones just proves Mazzagatti sucks at his job.

It was the right call, the wrong call wasn't stopping it earlier.

No most of the shots were adequately blocked so I don't think it should have been stopped earlier. I am not in accord with the DQ awarding a victory to Hamill. Had the fight been more even, then yes, but I think it is a little extreme giving Hamill the win. I think the shots should have taken the win from Jones and made it a NC.

And I take back my comments about this being one of the worst events. I change it to "The worst".
RMFG_187
12/5/09 11:34:00PM
I Knew Chuck vs Tito. The only way to revive Chucks career is another fight with Tito
KaibaThedon
12/5/09 11:34:40PM
lol chuck and tito are coaches?
Kaem
12/5/09 11:35:31PM
I say Boooooo to those choices.
Kpro
12/5/09 11:37:27PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Yeah the ruling was made definitive on a recent Strikeforce card thread with the Lopez/Ventimiglia fight.

DQ's are no longer removed from picks and/or wagers.

LINK TO THAT THREAD
Franklinfan47
12/5/09 11:37:37PM
I have no interest in watching Liddell pummel Ortiz again *yawn*

How about some creative match making
2hotty
12/5/09 11:38:19PM
At least its not Griffen & Ortiz
sbulldavid
12/5/09 11:38:35PM
Oops forgot about Chuck, I think Dana has just completely sold his soul. I got to root for Chuck because he still puts a fight on, I've finally given up on Tito, he doesn't matter to me and I would hate to see Chuck lose to him at this point in their careers.
telnights
12/5/09 11:40:03PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by sbulldavid

Posted by telnights

Posted by sbulldavid

Allright DQ that was what I was thinking, He did get more than one downward elbow in as well. Too bad, but the right call.

Are you kidding me he landed like one downward elbow like it even mattered Mazzagatti should have stopped it long before then. What did he want Jones ot do KIll him. Taking the win for Jones just proves Mazzagatti sucks at his job.

It was the right call, the wrong call wasn't stopping it earlier.

No most of the shots were adequately blocked so I don't think it should have been stopped earlier. I am not in accord with the DQ awarding a victory to Hamill. Had the fight been more even, then yes, but I think it is a little extreme giving Hamill the win. I think the shots should have taken the win from Jones and made it a NC.

And I take back my comments about this being one of the worst events. I change it to "The worst".

No I don't think that fight should have went near as long as it did it was clear he was done you could see the look in his eyes. Mazzagatti should have stopped that fight long before the elbows even landed. Just because He was blocking a lot of the shots doesn't mean he wasn't done.
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/5/09 11:40:50PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Yeah the ruling was made definitive on a recent Strikeforce card thread with the Lopez/Ventimiglia fight.

DQ's are no longer removed from picks and/or wagers.

LINK TO THAT THREAD

thanks for the info... thats a huge blow though, this s*cks bad, im pissed
Kpro
12/5/09 11:43:21PM
Tough spot for a ref to be in.

He's wrong if he stops it before then, many fans will say it was stopped too early.

He's wrong if he correctly uses the NSAC ruling on an illegal strike, many fans thinking it should've been a different result, or was stopped too late.

It's really a lose/lose for any ref there.

I'll take letting it go for a little bit longer any day though over what happened with Werdum/Vera.
2hotty
12/5/09 11:47:28PM
Weird Al ...very appropriate. see if Schaub has a punchers chance & dosn;t get sat on & crucified & then granny punched.
Franklinfan47
12/5/09 11:48:07PM
I dont like how people still get points off a DQ finish, should be a null fight imo. I may just be bitter because I had Jones, but it is what it is.
2hotty
12/5/09 11:53:43PM
Wow ! who saw that coming ?
telnights
12/5/09 11:54:05PM
WOW!!!!
sbulldavid
12/5/09 11:55:41PM
Awesome, I love it, didn't see Roy catching Schaub. See a Ben Rothwell rematch in the works.
Franklinfan47
12/5/09 11:55:49PM
Power of the belly
kevietre
12/6/09 12:17:41AM
I never thought Kimbo vs Houston would go the distance, I never thought Roy would win a standup battle with Schaub. Not the best night of fights but definitely some unpredictable circumstances.
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/6/09 12:17:45AM
didin't predict one fight perfectly... it's been a while, this event killed me not to mention dropping a parlay due to a DQ
higdon10
12/6/09 12:54:48AM
Another terrible event for me
Macheetah
12/6/09 2:27:05AM
Been a long time since we've had a good event on here... Lot of upsets lately.
Rush
12/6/09 7:15:08AM

Posted by telnights

Just because He was blocking a lot of the shots doesn't mean he wasn't done.

Actually it does mean he wasn't done. It's called defending intelligently.
telnights
12/6/09 4:16:24PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by telnights

Just because He was blocking a lot of the shots doesn't mean he wasn't done.

Actually it does mean he wasn't done. It's called defending intelligently.

Just because he has his hands over his head doesn't mean he isn't done. Anytime a fighter is down they cover their head up but that doesn't mean your intelligently defending just means your still awake.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]