TUF 6 Finale Live Results (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » TUF 6 Finale Live Results (Spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
babalu2720
12/8/07 10:42:02PM
Damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J-Rock, finish the fight, ther goes all my money....again, i guess its hard to repeat, nice sweep by War, but J-Rock made it too easy, ya it was a nice back and forth fight, but I don't think either of them have a real bright future unless they improve significantly
Djbb
12/8/07 10:45:33PM
I'm surprised the ref didn't call J-roc on some of those elbows he was throwing when War Machine had him on his back, I thought striking with the tip of the elbow was illegal? Although it prolly wasn't intentional since you dont exactly have pinpoint accuracy on your back
grappler0000
12/8/07 10:50:12PM

Posted by Djbb

I'm surprised the ref didn't call J-roc on some of those elbows he was throwing when War Machine had him on his back, I thought striking with the tip of the elbow was illegal? Although it prolly wasn't intentional since you dont exactly have pinpoint accuracy on your back

It is, but I've never seen them do anything about it...remember Silva/Lutter?
Bemin
12/8/07 10:51:12PM
Well this should be a good one, I picked Danzig, but Tommy's size, strength and heart could make the difference.
babalu2720
12/8/07 10:51:31PM
Andy Wang sighting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In Mac Danzig's corner/entourage
grappler0000
12/8/07 10:52:05PM

Posted by babalu2720

Andy Wang sighting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In Mac Danzig's corner/entourage

you beat me to it
Djbb
12/8/07 10:53:07PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Djbb

It is, but I've never seen them do anything about it...remember Silva/Lutter?

True, although I do remember Rogan's humorous excuse for the ref not calling it. Something along the lines of Silva's elbow was sliding down Lutter's head rather than spiking the tip of his elbow directly into Lutter's head
Bemin
12/8/07 10:53:47PM
Lol Poor Andy, if only the guy would realize he's not a boxer. Was entertaining to watch Mac talk him up this season.
Djbb
12/8/07 10:57:06PM
god damnit i had Danzig by majority decison
Bemin
12/8/07 10:57:06PM
well he made that look easy. Good for Mac.
ncordless
12/8/07 10:57:58PM
I hate to say it, but in the spirit of the WoW evening.... Speer just got WTFPWNED!!1
Rush
12/8/07 10:58:15PM
Dammit, I must be cursed. I'm 6-2 so far, but I never seem to get the hot bout correct.

Jarad man, you were so close to getting me full points for that fight. I disappointed in the loss, but the fight was pretty good. That reversal was nice at the end.
Franklinfan47
12/8/07 10:59:45PM
Ya, i think most of us realized Danzig would win, but i didnt think it would be that easy
Rush
12/8/07 11:03:15PM

Posted by Djbb

Their description on the UFC site is very vague IMO.

What I don't get is how many times Dan Barerra got away with grabbing the shorts. I counted at least 4 grabs. I think after 2 grabs he should've gotten the warning that the next time would've resulted in a point deduction. Same with the fence grab in the J-Rock fight (I think).

Bemin
12/8/07 11:03:41PM
5-1 here.... for some reason my pick for Ben/Dan fight didnt go through... oh well should of gone back and made sure.

Come on Clay! Unanimous/majority decision ftw!
Rush
12/8/07 11:06:08PM

Posted by Bemin

Come on Clay! Unanimous/majority decision ftw!

I second that, but I am thinking split not UD.
Djbb
12/8/07 11:07:35PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by Djbb

Their description on the UFC site is very vague IMO.

What I don't get is how many times Dan Barerra got away with grabbing the shorts. I counted at least 4 grabs. I think after 2 grabs he should've gotten the warning that the next time would've resulted in a point deduction. Same with the fence grab in the J-Rock fight (I think).

Ok, I rewatched the Silva vs Lutter fight and from what I gathered from Joe Rogan, "north to south" strikes with the tip of the elbow are illegal. So I guess you'd be called on a repetitive up-and-down striking, which is why Silva and J-Rock weren't called because Silva's were more right-to-left and J-rock was south-to-north (lol) Silly UFC rules
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/8/07 11:08:20PM
WAR
GUIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DCRage
12/8/07 11:08:53PM
Kolosci-Arroyo prelim airs next. That makes 7 of 9 fights making TV, awesome.
Djbb
12/8/07 11:10:22PM
Doesn't the winner of TUF get an automatic title shot? If Mac Danzig just announced hes dropping to LW, and Sean Sherk was just stripped of the title.... *brain explodes*
ncordless
12/8/07 11:11:09PM
They could show the Roman/Dorian fight, too. It only lasted 23 sec. so they could put it in anywhere
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/8/07 11:11:47PM

Posted by DCRage

Kolosci-Arroyo prelim airs next. That makes 7 of 9 fights making TV, awesome.

still... a prelim right b4 the main event ?... i don't know. I was kinda pumped for guida huerta now.
ncordless
12/8/07 11:12:11PM

Posted by Djbb

Doesn't the winner of TUF get an automatic title shot? If Mac Danzig just announced hes dropping to LW, and Sean Sherk was just stripped of the title.... *brain explodes*

No. Just the season 4 winners were given title fights.
hotrodttt
12/8/07 11:12:17PM

Posted by Djbb

That was just for season 4 the comeback season when all of the UFC vets were on the show, thats why Lutter and Matt got a shot
grappler0000
12/8/07 11:13:37PM
I think Matt Arroyo should be forced to change his nickname to "Some Regard".
Rush
12/8/07 11:13:41PM

Posted by Djbb

Ok, I rewatched the Silva vs Lutter fight and from what I gathered from Joe Rogan, "north to south" strikes with the tip of the elbow are illegal. So I guess you'd be called on a repetitive up-and-down striking, which is why Silva and J-Rock weren't called because Silva's were more right-to-left and J-rock was south-to-north (lol) Silly UFC rules

Interestingly the Arroyo fight also had downward strikes with the elbow. Matt had sort of a side control and let down 2 or 3 downward elbows to the head. Big John said nothing.
Djbb
12/8/07 11:14:59PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by Djbb

Interestingly the Arroyo fight also had downward strikes with the elbow. Matt had sort of a side control and let down 2 or 3 downward elbows to the head. Big John said nothing.

Thats cause Big John don't give a shit and wants to see someone get KTFO just as much as everyone else
Rush
12/8/07 11:15:37PM
Damn man, if the Guida fight is short they could possibly show all the fights tonight. That would be unprecedented.
Franklinfan47
12/8/07 11:17:04PM
Arroyo only won cuz he had Monstah Lobsta in his corner
Djbb
12/8/07 11:17:45PM
God damnit, once again I picked the right fighter but the wrong ending. I guess I underestimated the TUF contestants ability to finish fights, I had nearly all of them by judge's decision
Pages: 1 [2] 3