TUF 5 Finale.. No Hill?!?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » TUF 5 Finale.. No Hill?!?
Ultimate_fighter
6/15/07 7:41:59PM
Is Corey Hill going to be fighting? anyone know?!?
Ydoc
6/15/07 7:48:40PM
Rumor is he's injured and was suppose to fight Monstah Lobstah.
hippysmacker
6/15/07 11:10:46PM
I wanna know if he accepted Horn Or Pulver's invitations to train with them.
ProfessorChaos
6/15/07 11:37:40PM

Posted by Ydoc

He better. If he develops good standup to go along with his wrestling. 6'4 155. He'll have gigantic reach advantages on everyone. In my opinion, he'd be a force in the division.
ButterBalls
6/16/07 12:59:57AM

Posted by hippysmacker

agreed, if he was smart he would jump all over that.
blkssncpt
6/16/07 3:50:28AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I really hope he does because if he develops a good ground game and some more technical striking he is gonna be a force in that division. with his hieght he can easily move up a wieght class and maybe see him and grove go at it after some more training....
madmarck
6/16/07 1:13:57PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Pretty sure he wouldnt pass up the chance to train with Horn. Didnt Hill say he was only a few hours away form Jeremys camp in Utah?
Anyhow i think Hill needs some sick striking training.
If he can get is boxing up to a good level i think he could keep a lot of guys at bay with it. I just hope he learns some high kicks. With legs that long he could get a guy halfway across the ring.
kaduey
6/16/07 6:09:02PM

Posted by blkssncpt

Posted by hippysmacker

I really hope he does because if he develops a good ground game and some more technical striking he is gonna be a force in that division. with his hieght he can easily move up a wieght class and maybe see him and grove go at it after some more training....

Corey Hill 155
Kendal Grove 185

This fight will never happen
KYGUY07
6/16/07 6:23:17PM
I wish Hill was fighting, he can get so much better training with Jeremy Horn.
C-MurdA
6/16/07 8:23:38PM
i guess not man that sucks i like corey
C-MurdA
6/16/07 8:25:02PM
corey is gona be a monster he just needs some time and a few fights
DJDark41
6/16/07 8:25:41PM

Posted by Ydoc

Exactly...I think they wanted all the guys from season 5, excluding the 2 dudes were actually were fighting, to fight at the finale. Apparently Hill got injured and had to pull out, just like Ydoc said.
DangerousDjohn
6/16/07 9:00:51PM
I think Corey will be back next year, after some Jeremy Horn training.
Gogoplata
6/16/07 11:38:30PM
Corey hurt his ribs training with Miletich and is currently trying to decide where he's going to train full time, as it is going to involve him moving his family.
Naturaldisaster
6/17/07 2:27:19AM
is he injured or is he in a mental hopspital for talking to his alter ego to much! lol naw I like corey and wish he was fighting at the finally but I think its gonna be great even with out him and his fat/nerdy alter ego
ProfessorChaos
6/17/07 2:32:37AM

Posted by Gogoplata

Corey hurt his ribs training with Miletich and is currently trying to decide where he's going to train full time, as it is going to involve him moving his family.

If his alter ego helps him be a better fighter then I hope they remain best friends for his entire career. Whatever gets him to fight like he did vs Nate will make for some very entertaining fights.
hippysmacker
6/17/07 2:51:27AM

Posted by Gogoplata

i am not doubting you, but could you post a source. I would dig it if he trained with Militech or Horn full time.
Gogoplata
6/17/07 9:28:57PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Gogoplata

i am not doubting you, but could you post a source. I would dig it if he trained with Militech or Horn full time.

Source

Sam Caplan writes for CBS Sportsline, so I think that's somewhat credible.