TUF Finale Fights

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » TUF Finale Fights
imanidiot777
12/4/08 7:55:39AM
Who do you guys think will be the two ultimate fighters?

I think Nover beats Escudero. He is possessed once he gets in there.
Vinny is definitely going to submit Bader. Vinny looks like he has potential to be a ridiculous fighter at LHW.

I think Junie beats Dave Kaplan and shows that he actually worked hard for once.
Krzysztof will beat Primm pretty good IMO. Eliot beats Jules and the rest I really don't care about.
cowcatcher
12/4/08 8:33:58AM
its hard not to pick nover, he looks like hes ready to step in to the ufc right now and give anyone a tough time.

as far as vinnie and bader goes, im not sure who to pick at this point, vinnies BJJ looks fantastic yes, but hes 2-2 with a loss by sub and 1 by dec. what does that mean, i dunno, but bader has put more time in in the cage and has been more successful there so far so right now im leaning his way. it basically comes down to: can bader control vinnie from the top, or will vinnie catch him off his back because thats where this fight will end up.
Wallass
12/4/08 11:34:38AM
Vinny and Phillipe.
copcopps
12/4/08 11:54:04AM
Bader and Efrain. To win it all.
gsquat
12/4/08 11:56:09AM

Posted by imanidiot777

Vinny is definitely going to submit Bader. Vinny looks like he has potential to be a ridiculous fighter at LHW.

I think Junie beats Dave Kaplan and shows that he actually worked hard for once.
Krzysztof will beat Primm pretty good IMO. Eliot beats Jules and the rest I really don't care about.

I agree with all of these. Something tells me to pick Bader, but Vinny's ground game is rediculous, and with as much time as Bader likes to spend on the ground, he's bound to be submitted. The only way he'll take this fight is if he keeps it standing and KO's him or outpoints him ont he feet. But thats not gonna happen either because Bader's striking isn't great. He's got that wrestler striking. Just a big right hand. I see a lot of potential in just about all the fighters though so it should be a pretty exciting night.
MMA
12/4/08 12:15:40PM
I would love to see Vinny get into a good camp to work on his striking and wrestling. It's sick how he's been winning his fights by pulling guard. Imagine him on top, that's scary.
wiggum
12/4/08 12:16:15PM

Posted by imanidiot777

i agree with yer picks, nover is totally legit....so is efrian tho...should be good fight, but nover comes out on top.....unless bader ko's vinny, vinny will submit this...give him so more experience and he's gonna be a bit of a force ....i cant wait for the junie-kaplan fight...talk about barn burner.....mcdonald-goviea should be good fight actually...i got jason winning tho...johson ko burns first rd....i think rumbles coming back with a vengence!!....elliot should have a field day with jules...much like vinny did, and take him to school....kyle vs tom is a good matchup, but doesnt get my blood boilling ya know....nelson over roop, should be a good fight...john the hugger over delgado.
wiggum
12/4/08 12:28:48PM

Posted by MMA

I would love to see Vinny get into a good camp to work on his striking and wrestling. It's sick how he's been winning his fights by pulling guard. Imagine him on top, that's scary.

well he used to be with team quest with krystof actually...then left....if ya cant learn with wrestling with team quest, your not gonna learn it hahaha ....does anybody know were he trains now?
gartface
12/4/08 1:07:07PM

Posted by wiggum

Posted by MMA

well he used to be with team quest with krystof actually...then left....if ya cant learn with wrestling with team quest, your not gonna learn it hahaha ....does anybody know were he trains now?

I thought he was still with Team Quest? I thought Hendo was in his corner? Or was he in Kryzstoff's corner?
wiggum
12/4/08 1:33:02PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by wiggum

Posted by MMA

I thought he was still with Team Quest? I thought Hendo was in his corner? Or was he in Kryzstoff's corner?

i know krystoff is training in temecula for the finale but im not sure about vinny honestly...maybe he's back in temecula or maybe he went up to oregon, that is if he's still with the team....
Wolfenstein
12/4/08 1:48:52PM
Nover should be able to trounce Escudero. Nover has been really impressive, and seems to have a genuine killer instinct. I like his attitude in the ring. One of the better guys to come out of TUF in a while. I wll say though that Escudero looked like a completely different figher in terms of standup with Junie. I thought he was a one trick pony but he looked to have a much more well rounded game. He'll have a bright future in the UFC as well.

Vinny vs Bader could go either way. With the right gameplan Bader could win easilly enough. Just avoid Vinny pulling guard and his takedowns which shouldn't be a problem with his superior wrestling and make it a standup war.

Vinny's BJJ has been really impressive, but his standup was awful last night. He stands tall and stiff with his chin out there in no-man's-land. He also doesn't seem to shoot, instead he pulls guard, which works, but it's not going to be as effective all the time.

Bader didn't look that great either. Great takedowns, but it appeared like Eliot has never heard of a sprawl. They were actually more like tackles, and he dropped like a ton of bricks everytime. The mat would actually quake like someone had just been suplexed in a WWE match. His striking was mediocre, and his gas tank drained in a hurry, which was really odd because it wasn't exactly a grueling fight. On the bright side his sub defense looked good (of course all he really had to defend was the omaplata, which seems to be the only move Eliot knows off his back.

Not sure who to pick in this one. Right now I'll say Vinny as I think his striking will be improved and Bader will eventually go back to his wrestling roots and get subbed on the mat.

emfleek
12/4/08 1:54:17PM
Nover wins an exciting fight.

Vinny wins a boring fight with a sweet submission.
RiseUp21
12/4/08 4:37:54PM

Posted by emfleek

Nover wins an exciting fight.

Vinny wins a boring fight with a sweet submission.

my thoughts exactly. i liked bader but he disappointed me pretty badly in the semi final fight. hopefully he will turn out like Kos (a one dimensional wrestler who really grew as a fighter after the show).
Pitbull09
12/4/08 4:50:57PM
Vinny subs bader immediately like the semi final fight. His semi final fight pretty much determined who was winning it all as those two were the best on the show.
Phillipe has been my favorite from the beginning (just like Amir was) and will win. It will be a great fight and Efrain has a lot of potential so he will most likely get a contract too.
prozacnation1978
12/4/08 8:14:22PM
i agree with all your picks as well
Franklinfan47
12/5/08 9:12:12PM
Im picking:

Vinny-can't stand Bader's LnP style, hopefully he's worked on it but i think Vinny will catch him in a sub.

Efrain-could go either way but i picked this guy from the start so im gonna stick with him.

J-Mac- just think he's better than gouveia overall.

Burns- think he'll take johnson to the ground this time and get the sub.

Junie- Say what you will, Junie with cardio should be way better than kaplan

Sozynski- obvious reasons

Marshall- obvious reasons

Lawlor- his KO over Kaplan really impressed me

Nelson- could go either way, got a feeling on him

Polakowski- cuz he's just so loveable
copcopps
12/5/08 10:12:05PM
Vinny-He's Maia at LHW

Efrain-Better wrestler IMO and will win a rather competitive decision, kinda like the Sanchez/Diaz fight

Goveia-I REALLLLY don't like MacDonald and I think Wilson's a better fighter

Johnson-He's hungry for revenge

Kaplan-I don't see ANYTHING that makes Junie "special" or any "potential" in his game, I see Kaplan just tooling Junie

Sozynski- obvious reasons

Marshall- obvious reasons

Lawlor- I don't see Kingsbury TKOing him and Kingsbury has no ground game

Nelson- could go either way, I tink Nelson's a tad better though

Polakowski- cuz he's just so loveable and a tough guy

Aaronno9
12/5/08 10:27:34PM

Posted by copcopps

Kaplan-I don't see ANYTHING that makes Junie "special" or any "potential" in his game, I see Kaplan just tooling Junie

My thoughts exacly. But everybody talking about how Junie has to of improved training at Randys gym and all the positve stuff coming from the coaches is making me second guess myself. Id be pissed if i picked junie and dave beat him up like im expecting......