TUF 7 Finale: Dustin Hazelett awarded bonuses for “Fight of the Night” and “Submission of the Night”

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » TUF 7 Finale: Dustin Hazelett awarded bonuses for “Fight of the Night” and “Submission of the Night”
MMAcca
6/22/08 6:59:56AM
Las Vegas, Nevada – Amir Sadollah may have earned the title of the winner for the seventh season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” but it was Dustin Hazelett who perhaps is walking out of the TUF 7 live season finale as the event’s biggest winner.

Hazelett, a member of Team Jorge Gurgel in Ohio, fought Josh Burkman during a non-televised portion of the fight. Despite giving up noticeable strength to Burkman, Hazelett still walked away the victor after executing an armbar following a whizzer.

LINK
mkiv9secsupra
6/22/08 7:06:37AM
This was the only fight i picked correctly with confidence for the entire event....

Dustin Hazlett is going to the champ one day. Hes young and has a great striking and submission game. I would like the see him win a few more then fight Kos again and im positive he would beat him.
Porch28
6/22/08 7:52:42AM
Shouldn't this be in the spoilers section
moob
6/22/08 10:02:49AM

Posted by Porch28

Shouldn't this be in the spoilers section

Exactly. FFS MMAcca, after all your participation in the Spoilers threads, you post this dog turd.
pdanke
6/22/08 10:59:24AM
If you don't want spoilers, don't go on MMA forums right after an event..... is it really that hard to do?

Anyway, I didn't see the Lister submission, but I don't see how it could beat Hazelett's armbar.... that was one of the slicker armbar transitions I've seen lately, up there with Palhares and Aurelio.
moob
6/22/08 11:17:07AM

Posted by pdanke

If you don't want spoilers, don't go on MMA forums right after an event..... is it really that hard to do?

This was discussed to death over the past couple of days, mainly by the Mods.

Perhaps you need to read it again if it didn't sink in the 1st time?
NatedawgThaM
6/22/08 11:18:24AM

Posted by moob

Posted by pdanke

Why are you in the MMA news section then when were hot off an event that even THE SITE HAS STATS UP FOR??? Your setting yourself up big time. What you expect to see in the news sections hourr after an event?

The Burkman fight was pretty sick. Hazalett has a ton of potential but he just needs to keep on learning and getting better and then test him out with the big boys again.
Aaronno9
6/22/08 11:35:22AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by moob

Posted by pdanke

Why are you in the MMA news section then when were hot off an event that even THE SITE HAS STATS UP FOR??? Your setting yourself up big time. What you expect to see in the news sections hourr after an event?

The Burkman fight was pretty sick. Hazalett has a ton of potential but he just needs to keep on learning and getting better and then test him out with the big boys again.

You dont need to go to the news section, you come on the site, and you see the news on the homepage. I figured it would be safe to come on the site today since zephead clearly stated in 3 stickied threads that spoilers stay in the spoilers forum until everybodies seen the fights.
MMAcca
6/22/08 11:38:32AM
It's always been the case that if you don't want to know the results UK fans, you don't come on MMA playground until the event has shown on Bravo
moob
6/22/08 11:47:02AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by moob

Posted by pdanke

I thought I'd explained that in my other reply - is it that difficult to comprehend?

I've actually seen the event anyway, I'm merely making a point about a rule that the admin went to substantial lengths to illustrate and enforce over the past few days, it's just a shame that such simplicity is lost on a number of posters, as it spoils it for a large number of fans who don't have earlier access to the shows like I, and a few others, do.
Vendetta
6/22/08 12:12:08PM
Great for him. I'm a big Hazelett fan.
mictlantechutli
6/22/08 1:02:07PM
You can watch the fight for free on ufc.com It's pretty sweet too. Go Hazelett!
xposipx
6/22/08 1:09:52PM
How is posting the results of a non-televised fight a spoiler anyways? What exactly did you come to this site for today if you weren't looking for results? Probably subconscious...but it's common sense.
mictlantechutli
6/22/08 1:13:51PM

Posted by moob

I thought I'd explained that in my other reply - is it that difficult to comprehend?

I've actually seen the event anyway, I'm merely making a point about a rule that the admin went to substantial lengths to illustrate and enforce over the past few days, it's just a shame that such simplicity is lost on a number of posters, as it spoils it for a large number of fans who don't have earlier access to the shows like I, and a few others, do.

Yes, it's so difficult to understand. You're so much smarter than everybody else. That's why you came to this website today. You're so smart that you didn't want to see the results of last nights event, so you went to a website where you knew everybody would be discussing it. Genius.
mkiv9secsupra
6/22/08 2:11:45PM

Posted by xposipx

How is posting the results of a non-televised fight a spoiler anyways?

you have a very good point. now lets hear someone complain about a spoiler when the US market didnt even get to watch it..
moob
6/22/08 2:28:40PM

Posted by mictlantechutli

Posted by moob

Yes, it's so difficult to understand. You're so much smarter than everybody else. That's why you came to this website today. You're so smart that you didn't want to see the results of last nights event, so you went to a website where you knew everybody would be discussing it. Genius.

I had seen the event when I posted that.

That however, is not the point. The point was that the issue of spoilers was brought up by and determined by a moderator the other day. If you'd bothered to read that before jumping on the bandwagon and talking crap, you wouldn't come across the way you do.
kaduey
6/22/08 3:03:28PM
The is the second time in days that a forum post has been ruined by people complaining about spoilers. Its getting tired.
moob
6/22/08 3:43:43PM

Posted by kaduey

The is the second time in days that a forum post has been ruined by people complaining about spoilers. Its getting tired.

Yeah it is, because despite the mod illustrating the rules, people are still too dumb to adhere to them.

Maybe you have an intelligent solution you'd like to propose?
Kpro
6/22/08 3:47:36PM

Posted by moob

Yeah it is, because despite the mod illustrating the rules, people are still too dumb to adhere to them.

Maybe you have an intelligent solution you'd like to propose?

I've already come up with two extremely ingenious and excellent ideas in the last half hour alone in the stickied thread.

Having an "up to date MMA News Section".
and a "MMA News Section for those without access to live events".
This way we can eliminate putting NEWS in the spoiler forum.

OR

Sticky a thread that is constantly updated FOR EVERY EVENT letting US posters know the exact time in each of our timezones that we can post news about each event without it spoiling the tv times for users that we have no clue when it airs in their hemisphere. Great way to make hundreds of posters no longer want to use mmaplayground for news!
moob
6/22/08 4:42:22PM
At last, some viable alternatives.

See if the mods take them on board.
Kpro
6/22/08 4:48:12PM

Posted by moob

At last, some viable alternatives.

See if the mods take them on board.

There is a poll up in MMAPlayground Game Talk.
CornishMMA
6/23/08 6:53:01AM
at this thread

you guys just think you are so special dont you?

someone made the very good point its not really a spoiler cos it was an unseen prelimso it isnt spoiling anything for you that you cant avoid, if you want to watch it on ufc on demand then do that BEFORE coming here etc

ps - Kpro is awesome that is how complicated it all is and how stupid it is to do all of it for about 50 members in a 9000 member site
CornishMMA
6/23/08 6:58:35AM
Oh wait hang on....................

I did actually click on this thread to post about Hazelett, weird that, shame i had to read tons of whining posts and have the whole topic changed

Ive been a big Dustin fan for a while now, picked him to beat Kos and think he would have bar the early stoppage, aint seen this fight yet but read the PBP and it sounded awesome, i love his sick jits, perfect pick for me (only got 4 right on this event but 3 were perfect! lol)
moob
6/23/08 8:56:56AM

Posted by CornishMMA

at this thread

someone made the very good point its not really a spoiler cos it was an unseen prelimso it isnt spoiling anything for you that you cant avoid, if you want to watch it on ufc on demand then do that BEFORE coming here etc

ps - Kpro is awesome that is how complicated it all is and how stupid it is to do all of it for about 50 members in a 9000 member site

If you haven't got anything sensible to add to the topic, stay out of it, thanks.
Leland
6/23/08 11:46:16AM
So much idiocy. Maybe just don't go on a website before you watch a fight. its 24 hours at the MOST, so get over it and quit crying.

Hazelett next UFC champ :)
Figsak
6/23/08 1:06:51PM
You know... against my better judgement I picked Burkman in this 1. Never again. Burkman has proven himself over and over again to be a good B fighter. I watched the fight, Props to Hazelett, but IMO beating Burkman doesn't make you contender material. I've been watching Hazelett, I'm definately a fan, but really, who ISN'T beating Burkman nowadays?
kaduey
6/24/08 2:21:51PM

Posted by moob

Posted by CornishMMA

at this thread

If you haven't got anything sensible to add to the topic, stay out of it, thanks.

Last time I checked this topic was supposed to be about Dustin Hazelett.