TUF 8 Finale Complete card

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » TUF 8 Finale Complete card
Manfred
12/4/08 6:10:10AM
LINK

Televised Card:
Phillipe Nover Vs. Efrain Escudero
Ryan Bader Vs. Vinicius Magalhaes
Jason MacDonald Vs. Wilson Gouveia
Kevin Burns Vs. Anthony Johnson
Junie Browning Vs. Dave Kaplan

Undercard:
Krzysztof Soszynski Vs. Shane Primm
Eliot Marshall Vs. Jules Bruchez
Kyle Kingsbury Vs. Tom Lawlor
Rolando Delgado Vs. John Polakowski
EDIT: Missed one:
Shane Nelson Vs. George Roop (undercard)
Twenty20Dollars
12/4/08 7:56:02AM
YES! the TUF 8 alum is fighting on the Finale. I was thinking about these match ups last night.
Im glad Junie vs Kaplan is happening.
Manfred
12/4/08 8:27:31AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

YES! the TUF 8 alum is fighting on the Finale. I was thinking about these match ups last night.
Im glad Junie vs Kaplan is happening. Little disapointed Shane Nelson isnt on the show, would have liked to see alittle more from him.

Sorry missed that one the first time
Twenty20Dollars
12/4/08 10:02:27AM
Go Nelson.
gartface
12/4/08 11:19:54AM
I don't understand the absence of Karn Grigoryan and the lightweight that Roli replaced. Usually Dana will bring back injured fighters. Oh well, glad to see a lot of the fighters from the show are actually going to be on the finale, unlike last season.
Mayhem13
12/4/08 11:32:56AM
pretty good match-ups..i like it.
Wolfenstein
12/4/08 1:56:11PM

Posted by gartface

I don't understand the absence of Karn Grigoryan and the lightweight that Roli replaced. Usually Dana will bring back injured fighters. Oh well, glad to see a lot of the fighters from the show are actually going to be on the finale, unlike last season.

Karn just recently had a fight and wouldn't have been ready in time. My understanding of the situation is that the UFC wanted him to take on another fight in a smaller show before he came back. He's not in the TUF finale but we'll see him in the UFC soon.

The card looks good. I would have liked to have seen Shane on the main card, as I think he was one of the more talented guys, but I'd like to see Junie again as well and see how much he has improved over at Xtreme Couture, but I guess you can't have it both ways.

higdon10
12/4/08 3:42:12PM
I feel bad for Ryan Bader's arm
JimiMak
12/4/08 4:52:42PM
The fact that Junie has a match (esp on the tv card) is a slap in the face to every respectable fighter and true fight fan in the world.
bls1919
12/4/08 5:26:16PM

Posted by higdon10

I feel bad for Ryan Bader's arm

Right on. Bader is a tough guy, but his strength plays right into Vinny's. He will fight the good fight i'm sure but will end up the loser. Efrain is going to get pummled by Nover in the FOTN. Most likely a stand up war. Can't wait to see Gouveia vs Jason McDonald. Should be a hell of a fight. Looks like a great televised card. Oh wait..............................shit Junie Brownshorts is on the main card. Maybe Junie is Dana's personal nuthugger. Beats me but that sucks to no end.
prozacnation1978
12/4/08 8:08:50PM
i am glad to see them giving them, a chance to fight on the card
Amigop
12/5/08 3:31:26PM
So.. Am i to assume the rumor of bringing antwain britt back was not true?
Bloodhound
12/5/08 10:41:09PM

Posted by Amigop

i dunno, but i thought coming in that he was going to be one of the favorites to win the lhw division of the show
higdon10
12/6/08 12:10:49PM

Posted by Bloodhound

Posted by Amigop

i dunno, but i thought coming in that he was going to be one of the favorites to win the lhw division of the show

He was. But he just fought in the DC area, that might have something to do with his absence. I think that we will see him in the UFC before to long, the kid can bang.