TUF 16 Finale bonuses: Barry, Waldburger, Elliott, Papazian get $40K each

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » TUF 16 Finale bonuses: Barry, Waldburger, Elliott, Papazian get $40K each
jay98107
12/16/12 12:17:13AM
On a night featuring nine stoppages in 11 fights, Pat Barry, T.J. Waldburger, Tim Elliott and Jared Papazian each earned $40,000 bonuses for their performances at Saturday's TUF 16 Finale event....

Link
sparky
12/16/12 12:30:40AM
Tiger Khabilov should of got KOTN the suplex was EPIC
FastKnockout
12/16/12 12:43:31AM

Posted by sparky

Agree!
aussiemma
12/16/12 12:50:36AM
Khabilov should have got kotn for sure, when the fuck do you ever see a suplex KO.

two seriously dangerous lw to look out for now, one being khabilov and the other being Abel trujilo from ufc on fox 5. Just when i thought the lw division couldn't get any more stacked and competitive....it does !
OnyxShadow
12/16/12 1:29:41AM
+1 for Khabilov...especially since Barry got away with some serious funny business in the first round...probably the only reason he won the fight at all.

And yes, the grapes are sour.
thevoodooninja
12/16/12 1:40:07AM

Posted by sparky

yea, that was a no brainer, whoever gives out these bonuses dropped the ball on this one
Bubbles
12/16/12 1:42:43AM
a FOTN lasted more than 5 minutes?
tcunningham
12/16/12 1:55:04AM
the last time i saw that many suplexes was when rory mcdonald was owning nate diaz.
pmoney
12/16/12 4:59:05AM
I really don't think those suplexes knocked out Pichel. They rocked him for sure... and maybe I am tripping but I swear he was still conscious until that first follow-up blow landed.
aussiemma
12/16/12 6:29:56AM

Posted by pmoney

I really don't think those suplexes knocked out Pichel. They rocked him for sure... and maybe I am tripping but I swear he was still conscious until that first follow-up blow landed.

he was out of it...look at the impact of the second suplex compared to the third. He gets slammed right on the side of the head with all of his body weight plus the force of khabilov.
airkerma
12/16/12 11:27:20AM
Poor Mittrione got his head busted open and all the steak and chicken fell out
Judges aren't the greatest metric, but why did FOTN go to a decision where two judges scored it 30-25? Doesn't that imply that it was considerably one sided and not really the FOTN? I thought Rio deserved it since he was getting beat up and then pulled off an excellent armbar at the end.
BuffaloDave
12/16/12 1:09:04PM

Posted by Bubbles

a FOTN lasted more than 5 minutes?

The award should go to the best fight, whether it last, 10 sec., 5 mins, 15 mins, A fight is a fight no matter how long it lasts. Simply what the bonus is awarded for, fight doesn't have to go the distance to give out the award. You say, it's not ROTN (Round Of The NIght) well it's also not DOTN (Decision Of The Night)

I personally felt the one round war between Brookins/Poirier was the most deserving last night.