TUF 13 Finale - Discussion and Results (spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » TUF 13 Finale - Discussion and Results (spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
kopower
6/4/11 11:08:07PM
Ok. I'm a bit biased because I picked Pettis, but Guida is doing no damage. I'm getting a bit bored with his dry humping style. He has posed no threat to Pettis but I'm assuming he is winning 2 rounds to none based on his take downs.

kingsmasher
6/4/11 11:09:19PM

Posted by postman

AP wins round one from his back IMO

Im glad u said IMO cause im sure not a judge would side with u...IMO
kingsmasher
6/4/11 11:10:25PM
Pettis has the same problem as Miguel Torres and thats putting too much faith in BJJ...
kingsmasher
6/4/11 11:13:07PM
Clay is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!
kopower
6/4/11 11:13:25PM
True. While I commend Guida's relentless style, I can't stand the minimal damage.

Good job Budgellism on the prop bet. Looks like a 4-6 night for myself.
Budgellism
6/4/11 11:14:05PM

Posted by postman

AP wins round one from his back IMO

Disagree completely. Guida won that fight and executed his gameplan perfectly. 30-27.
kingsmasher
6/4/11 11:14:28PM

Posted by kopower

Ok. I'm a bit biased because I picked Pettis, but Guida is doing no damage. I'm getting a bit bored with his dry humping style. He has posed no threat to Pettis but I'm assuming he is winning 2 rounds to none based on his take downs.

If you didnt get the memo...

Takedowns these days in MMA are HUGE...and thats all you need...

And thats why JDS should be worried...
kopower
6/4/11 11:16:02PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by kopower

I know that. It's just frustrating. After Carwin gasses after the 1st, JDS will be just fine. Guida won the fight. I have no complaints about that.
Aether
6/4/11 11:17:42PM
Good old dependable, judge-friendly Clay Guida.
kingsmasher
6/4/11 11:17:59PM
Clays new nickname is Barnacle Boy...Thats how he is gets on you like a barnacles on a boat and doesnt let go...

IMO I know hes well respected but Duke Roufus camp isnt that great as for the fighters...not enough well rounded guys...except Pettis
Twenty20Dollars
6/4/11 11:19:32PM
Thought Couture retired? Oh wait that was Kingsbury.

Sorry late on that, catching up from DVR
grappler0000
6/4/11 11:19:53PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Pettis has the same problem as Miguel Torres and thats putting too much faith in BJJ...

How did you take that away from this fight?
kingsmasher
6/4/11 11:21:54PM
Another thing about Pettis...Practicing all those fancy kicks is a waste of time...YOu should utilize that time for something that is more probable to happen in a fight...or a more position you are vulnerable in...
hate4thestate
6/4/11 11:23:13PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by kopower

Correction...

Takedowns are HUGE in American MMA judging. Pettis would have won that fight in Japan because they actually judge fights correctly, imo.
Budgellism
6/4/11 11:24:29PM
Thanks kopower, good bet. The avatar I picked is a little rough but it's all in good fun.

Pettis had me worried for a minute there. I like Pettis. He has a good guard and did well not to take any damage. I think he's definitely the future of this sport and I have a lengthy list of fights I'd like to see him in.
kopower
6/4/11 11:25:11PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Another thing about Pettis...Practicing all those fancy kicks is a waste of time...YOu should utilize that time for something that is more probable to happen in a fight...or a more position you are vulnerable in...

I'm sure Bendo agrees with this. Guida takes down everybody he fights. Also, Pettis posses a legitimate threat from the bottom. Sure his td defense could improve, but he doesn't just lay on the ground posing no threat.
postman
6/4/11 11:26:36PM
Please tell me at what point in that fight did Guida ever put offense on Pettis he landed one overhand right and a few takedowns. Pettis was working triangles put a nice head kick on him, landed more punches from his back the Clay landed from top position. Locked up a armbar for a second. I knew that the judges would score that for Guida the always do. I knew a few playgrounders would as well.
Aether
6/4/11 11:27:16PM
Let's go Ramsey!
kingsmasher
6/4/11 11:29:30PM

Posted by hate4thestate

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by kopower

Correction...

Takedowns are HUGE in American MMA judging. Pettis would have won that fight in Japan because they actually judge fights correctly, imo.

I have seen BS decisions in Japan like Fedor over Arona...just cause you are holding on for a sub is ridiculous...because in a war its a great gameplan to wear your opponent down and letting them work for subs is a great way...

SO i guess its in the eye of the beholder...
kingsmasher
6/4/11 11:33:04PM

Posted by postman

Please tell me at what point in that fight did Guida ever put offense on Pettis he landed one overhand right and a few takedowns. Pettis was working triangles put a nice head kick on him, landed more punches from his back the Clay landed from top position. Locked up a armbar for a second. I knew that the judges would score that for Guida the always do. I knew a few playgrounders would as well.

I sure thought Guida contolled the pace octagon control and what you see as sub attempts are just that an attempt....I guess you would like to see better scoring for punches attempted....a sub attempt is nothing in my eyes but a waste of energy...
grappler0000
6/4/11 11:33:45PM

Posted by kingsmasher

...because in a war its a great gameplan to wear your opponent down and letting them work for subs is a great way...

Letting your opponent punch you in the face is also a good way to tire him out
hate4thestate
6/4/11 11:35:42PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by hate4thestate

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by kopower

Correction...

I have seen BS decisions in Japan like Fedor over Arona...just cause you are holding on for a sub is ridiculous...because in a war its a great gameplan to wear your opponent down and letting them work for subs is a great way...

I see what your saying but posing no threat to your opponent when he is constantly threating you is not winning a fight or round imo. Guida didnt do much with the takedowns he got. What you cant argue is that Pettis clearly outworked him and was posing more of a threat of finishing than Guida did.
kingsmasher
6/4/11 11:36:21PM
training with Brock in wrestling is a great idea
kingsmasher
6/4/11 11:37:27PM
nice baby......ch ching
Aether
6/4/11 11:37:34PM
lol no parlay for me.

I saw justin edwards take him down pretty easily, so I figured Ramsey would be able to get him down, but obviously his wrestling is a lot better than he showed on TUF.
hate4thestate
6/4/11 11:37:59PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by kingsmasher

...because in a war its a great gameplan to wear your opponent down and letting them work for subs is a great way...

Letting your opponent punch you in the face is also a good way to tire him out

I tried to prop but gotta spread the love.
kingsmasher
6/4/11 11:38:52PM
Put 11000 on wager here...and won 50 real money...ty tony
Twenty20Dollars
6/4/11 11:39:11PM
uh oh, hide the alcohol
Budgellism
6/4/11 11:39:52PM
And so ends my worst event in years. Bring on UFC 131 for a chance at redemption.
Aether
6/4/11 11:40:08PM
8-3 64 points I think.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5