TUF 5 Final

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » TUF 5 Final
Ultimate_fighter
4/11/07 6:59:02PM
Who do think will make it to the final this year? I hope its Nate Diaz and Corey Hill... and i hope Hill wins all of it.
Northrend
4/11/07 8:09:29PM
Robert Emerson and Nate Diaz are my 2 choices...or Lauzon he seems like a darkhorse to me.
Gladiator
4/11/07 8:30:49PM
i think it will be nate diaz, a little early to be sure though cuz most of the fighters ive never heard of.
crimethinc
4/11/07 11:52:42PM
It's too early to tell. A lot of people seem to be predicting Diaz maybe because he's Nick's little brother more then anything. I hope it's NOT Corey Hill. I really can't stand that guy already.
xthe_scottx
4/11/07 11:55:52PM
I guess right now, my pick would be Joe Lauzon but I'm not sure yet. I'm gonna wait until I see all the fighters' first fights to make a pick.
Ydoc
4/12/07 12:12:56AM
Joe Lauzon. I remember before the Pulver fight someone made a hl of him that I saw, and he was off the walls fast in all these rinky dinky gym brawls. What happen to Pulver was no fluke, Joe fights like he is being fast forwarded.
fedorwins1
4/12/07 9:34:17AM
Most people are picking Nate Diaz, because of his match against Hermes Franca, not because he's Nick's little bro. Nate has awesome striking and held his own and was winning the match against Franca.
madmarck
4/12/07 10:54:45AM
I dunno about the Contestants.

But BJ is gonna KO Jens.
Word on the streets is Joe Lauzon showed him how.
keith-hackney1
4/12/07 10:55:00AM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

Who do think will make it to the final this year? I hope its Nate Diaz and Corey Hill... and i hope Hill wins all of it.

That corey hill seems like another chris leben to me, I dont doubt he's got the skills and has beat some tough fighters but i see him getting beat, Quite easily, he's got the mouth, the front and the talk with the ability to wind up the others. But once you see a fighter like that, there all the same, they all have a weak part of their game that will be spotted by one of his opponants and they will capitalize on it and beat him. Maybe in the semi-finals. Im picking joe lauzon in the final, against who, im not sure yet, but i bet hill gets submitted or tko'd by one of the other fighters.
methodman_90
4/14/07 4:07:44PM
I think Matt Wiman and Joe lauzon are the dark horses. Nate Diaz and Corey Hill would make a good final
seazer
4/14/07 4:11:06PM
I think the finals is gonna be Diaz and Lauzon.
RichBoy
4/14/07 9:25:27PM
Diaz and Manny are most likely going to be in the finals they have the most skills. But guys like Joe , Gabe , Hill and Wiman will most likey make it pretty far.
Gladiator
4/14/07 9:57:17PM

Posted by crimethinc

It's too early to tell. A lot of people seem to be predicting Diaz maybe because he's Nick's little brother more then anything. I hope it's NOT Corey Hill. I really can't stand that guy already.

i wish we could do wagers on this because i would feel comfortable in wagering all of my money that corey hill doesnt even make it to the finals. and i didnt pick diaz because hes nicks brother, have u seen him fight? i dont know who it will be in the finals but my picks are matt wiiman and nate diaz. what makes it harder to predict though is that u dont know who is fighting who on the way up.
madmarck
4/14/07 11:10:19PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

That corey hill seems like another chris leben to me, I dont doubt he's got the skills and has beat some tough fighters but i see him getting beat, Quite easily, he's got the mouth, the front and the talk with the ability to wind up the others. But once you see a fighter like that, there all the same, they all have a weak part of their game that will be spotted by one of his opponants and they will capitalize on it and beat him. Maybe in the semi-finals. Im picking joe lauzon in the final, against who, im not sure yet, but i bet hill gets submitted or tko'd by one of the other fighters.

What tough fighters has Corey Hill beat? I can't find any info about him on sherdog or google'in him. And all it says on the Tuf page is he has 3 fights.
Not sure beign 3-0 gives you a whole lotta cred. Who knows he might win it. But Then again, the guys on this season do not have impressive records for some reason. There are a few negative records and and few more that pass by the .500 mark. Only really Manny and Joe Lauzon have any impressive records.