TUF 7 Fighter Payouts Revealed

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » TUF 7 Fighter Payouts Revealed
DCRage
6/23/08 1:42:06PM
The NSAC today revealed the fighter payouts from the TUF 7 Finale. The total disclosed payouts were $410,000 (this assumes Tim Credeur and Cale Yarbrough get their base pay, awaiting word from Keith Kizer) with the most going to Diego Sanchez-$70,000.

Article
Aaronno9
6/23/08 1:51:44PM
Nice little pay day for Dustin.
Red-Dragon
6/23/08 2:03:00PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Nice little pay day for Dustin.

Well deserved too!
xphycorx
6/23/08 2:14:39PM
THE NIGHTMARE IS BACK!!
loonytnt
6/23/08 2:46:02PM
70k is not bad
SpiderSilva
6/23/08 6:39:44PM
I say they all got paid ok hell that better than any lower show
Copenhagen
6/23/08 6:59:15PM
With sponsors included, I think it's safe to say there is no UFC regular that gets payed under 40, even 50K a year. With people like Diego (70k a fight times 3 a year plus sponsors) making much more. Why so much complaining going around?
kaskd
6/24/08 4:25:11AM

Posted by Copenhagen

With sponsors included, I think it's safe to say there is no UFC regular that gets payed under 40, even 50K a year. With people like Diego (70k a fight times 3 a year plus sponsors) making much more. Why so much complaining going around?

b/c most of them have to make enough to retire off of. This is their career, and their skill set. After they are done fighting if they haven't saved up any money they have to start a brand new career with no training, experience or skills. Now Tito just wants more money (and i don't blame him either, i think they all deserve to be paid millions if your a champ).

was surprised Eastman made so little. Sure he's washed up, but he's just a big a name as some of the other losers who made more.
Figsak
6/24/08 1:26:26PM
It;s just like any other sporting event. The promoters and organization take in 1mil from advertising, gate, merchandise, and concessions after expenses. The fighters get 40%, everyone else gets rich. They could pay the fighters 100$ a piece, if good fighters still show up for that 100$, then thats what they'll get paid. Free Market FTW!