TUF 9 TO FEATURE UNITED STATES VS. UNITED KINGDOM

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » TUF 9 TO FEATURE UNITED STATES VS. UNITED KINGDOM
MMAcca
9/18/08 1:35:39AM
The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced during the broadcast of Wednesday night’s Fight Night that the 9th installment of the “Ultimate Fighter” would feature middleweights and welterweights in a battle of the United States against the United Kingdom.

UFC announcer Mike Goldberg mentioned the newest season of the popular reality show during the Mac Danzig and Clay Guida fight, also saying that auditions would be held in both Chicago, Ill, and London, England in the upcoming month.

The latest season of the “Ultimate Fighter” featuring the U.S. versus the U.K will be the first such “international” version of the show, pitting two countries fighters against each other.

While no other details were released about the 9th season of the show, it seems popular British fighter, Michael Bisping, would almost be a shoe in to be involved with the U.K. team, but he first has to battle Chris Leben in his home country on Oct 19.

LINK
Ordep
9/18/08 1:41:55AM
Team Bisping vs. Team Henderson maybe?

for contendership... then...... Silva vs. Henderson II (I'm already saving $ for this )
haggiswashere
9/18/08 1:57:47AM
but if bisbing loses then what?
ufcboss
9/18/08 6:33:54AM
I wonder if they ever considered USA VS CANADA..... Doesnt that make more sense where there are way more Canadians fighting in the UFC.

Actually though, After typing that, Its all about exposure isnt it, After TUF9 there might be 5 or so really good guys from UK, So it does make sense I spose!

jocka
9/18/08 6:45:24AM

Posted by ufcboss

I wonder if they ever considered USA VS CANADA..... Doesnt that make more sense where there are way more Canadians fighting in the UFC.

Actually though, After typing that, Its all about exposure isnt it, After TUF9 there might be 5 or so really good guys from UK, So it does make sense I spose!

They should of done East VS West canadian/American vs Western Countries that could of been sweet
Ordep
9/18/08 9:37:27AM

Posted by haggiswashere

but if bisbing loses then what?

then it won't be for contendership, but I'm sure Bisping will be involved in this.
MMAcca
9/18/08 10:25:20AM

Posted by jocka

They should of done East VS West canadian/American vs Western Countries that could of been sweet

That's a long name for a TUF season

prozacnation1978
9/18/08 11:34:01AM
has to be bisping vs hendo
but can't be for number one contender status
hendo still needs another two wins as does bisping
Ordep
9/18/08 12:48:24PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

has to be bisping vs hendo
but can't be for number one contender status
hendo still needs another two wins as does bisping

yeah, but all the MW div is in that situation,those holding winning streak are too young for title shots. and Anderson likes to defend his belt. I dont think he'll be happy just waiting for a contender to rise. Maybe Okami will get his shot during the TUF9 season, and then the winner coach.
MMAcca
9/18/08 1:44:13PM
What about Ian 'The Machine' Freeman being the UK coach ?
hodge
9/19/08 6:03:43AM
This seasons gonna be sweet cant wait im guessing its gonna be Hendo vs Bisping so fingers crossed even more for Bisping KTFO of Leban next month.

WAR UK in my eyes were already 1-0 up from season 3
MMAcca
9/19/08 7:08:55AM

Posted by hodge

This seasons gonna be sweet cant wait im guessing its gonna be Hendo vs Bisping so fingers crossed even more for Bisping KTFO of Leban next month.

What about the other 6 seasons where there were'nt any UK participants at all ?
Aaronno9
9/19/08 9:11:14AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by hodge

What about the other 6 seasons where there were'nt any UK participants at all ?

Lol, thats how its 1-0, the one season we had a guy in he won. Although we also had the gladiator so i guess really its 1-1.
ncordless
9/21/08 8:24:55PM
I heard Ross Pointon was gonna coach the UK