TUF Episode 2 Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » TUF Episode 2 Discussion (Spoilers)
FastKnockout
4/6/11 10:04:41PM
I honestly think Javier won the first two rounds. I will admit that it was pretty even, but the kick that almost floored Chris and made him fall to one hand should have scored Javier the second round. I also think Chris showed some distaste when he kneed Javier not once, but twice. One I can understand, but another one five seconds later right up the middle isn't an accident. I will give Chris credit, though, he came back in the third.

I'm starting to like Lesnar a little more, seems like a decent guy when it's not fight time for him. I was actually smiling listen to him get excited like a kid during the third round of the fight.
FastKnockout
4/6/11 10:06:52PM
Whoops. Repost.
TS92turbo
4/6/11 10:11:47PM
Decent episode. First 3 rounder of the season. Cant wait to see Lesnar and JDS fight.
TS92turbo
4/6/11 10:13:46PM
And I did give the first 2 rounds to Javier.
Budgellism
4/6/11 10:18:51PM
Looks like Shogun makes an appearance next episode. I have to stop forgetting the time slot moved back an hour. I've missed the first 20-30 minutes of both episodes.
FastKnockout
4/6/11 11:08:01PM

Posted by Budgellism

Looks like Shogun makes an appearance next episode. I have to stop forgetting the time slot moved back an hour. I've missed the first 20-30 minutes of both episodes.

Shogun looked happen when Dana mentioned it was a good fight. Maybe that hints at another win for team Dos Santos? I'm excited for next week's episode. I want to see exactly what Junior has to say about his assistant coach.
Twenty20Dollars
4/6/11 11:51:55PM
That episode was spoiled. As in it was bad.
FastKnockout
4/6/11 11:59:03PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Yeah, this season isn't turning out all that great. Guess it's just bad mojo for not bringing the first round eliminator back.
Twenty20Dollars
4/7/11 12:51:05AM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Yeah, this season isn't turning out all that great. Guess it's just bad mojo for not bringing the first round eliminator back.

That's what I was just thinking.
prozacnation1978
4/7/11 2:57:50AM
Two episodes in and I am already losing interest fast
cowcatcher
4/7/11 10:27:44AM
I like what I've seen from Brock. He knows more than I think a lot of us gave him credit for, and it was nice seeing him coaching the guys up. He's honest, and forthright and I'd rather have that than some rah rah guy that doesn't give it to me straight. JDS seems to really care about his guys, and he's done a good job motivating them it seems. Right now we are seeing the lesser guys matched up against the better guys there, once the second round comes along I'm hoping we see some better fights. I thought the judges made the right call last night BTW.
Theoutlaw08
4/7/11 10:39:38AM
Brock's been pretty good, his speeches are goofy kind of.
So far I think the fights are kind of weak. All the fighters seem to telegraph every move they do or punch they throw. I think guys need to go in with more willingness to finish it or make a name for themselves.
Budgellism
4/7/11 11:55:32AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Two episodes in and I am already losing interest fast

Same here. I love TUF and have watched every episode numerous times but this season just isn't doing anything for me. I was excited to see if Jury could prove himself but he ends up leaving the show the first episode with an injury.

Also, the coaching seems to be lacking big time. Brock belittles his fighters by calling them chicken **** over and over again and when he's cornering his fighters he offers very little positive advice and sounds like a 12 year old while he's screaming. JDS is too conservative and doesn't get after his fighters enough in my opinion.

And not using the elimination matches at the beginning of the show is just a bad idea and I have no idea why they did that. I guarantee at least a few of these guys wouldn't have made the show if that were the case. And the first two fights were awful. First we saw a lesson in what lay and prey truly is then I could have sworn I was watching Nick Lentz vs. Andre Winner in the 2nd match.

If the show continues to disappoint like it has been I'm probably just going to wait until the TUF finale to watch...
Twenty20Dollars
4/7/11 12:11:59PM
Chicken salad out of chicken sh*t. Yum
kingsmasher
4/7/11 12:29:02PM
Worst fight ever...Those two guys arent top 200 in USA I bet...Whered they get these guys from...Neither had any killer instinct...I guess know ing you have to fight again makes you fight that way..

.I would rather watch two people argue in line at walmart...
Twenty20Dollars
4/7/11 2:38:49PM
Was that DWTUF? Dancing with The Ultimate Fighter
Rabi
4/7/11 4:05:04PM
I enjoyed the episode, can't believe that Keon left, he will never get another opportunity like this again. I was pleased to see the under dog win as well, Javier was a bit over confident but Cope clearly had a bigger will to win and that was the difference, good motivation from Brock as well.