TUF 7 episode 3....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » TUF 7 episode 3....
SociopathX
4/30/08 11:08:33PM
SO... who else thought that piece of trash Dante lost that fight?

Like Rampage said... "You gotta punch the other guy to win the fight" . Dante sucks and is hands down the most boring fighter so far in the competition to watch.

WAR Mohawks
Ordep
4/30/08 11:12:27PM

I agree, hopefully he gets KO in the next round, lame fight.

BTW: I don't know if (or when) they broadcast TUF to other countries so this topic might be in the spoiler forum.
DevonFoxy
4/30/08 11:13:59PM
I thought Dante Lost the fight but I understand why he got the win. What can ya do I really dont think it would have mattered any way the winner doesn't look like their getting out of the Second Round. I think the Mohawk has it won but he could have done more as well.

I thought Dante would have looked better but im pretty sure he would have been retired if he fought Chipper.

In retrospect Chipper would have mauled Dante and I'm pretty sure he will fight Chipper at the Finale the way things are looking right now.
slick781
4/30/08 11:16:34PM
Terrible fight all around. However, I agree with the decision. Dante controlled the fight, never once was Sene doing anything he WANTED to do. Dante took him down 8 times or so and was never taken down. Dante attempted 5 submissions or so and didn't have any attempted on him that I can recall. I don't think that little bit of striking Sene did was enough to overcome the fact that he was totally controlled that whole fight.

That said, I was pissed that whole fight. For a "slick submission guy," Dante didn't attempt nearly as much as he should/could have, especially since his ONLY plan was to work for a submission. When he had side control at the end and Sene's arm was just hanging up there, I really couldn't believe there was no arm lock attempt of any sort.
GrandMaster313
4/30/08 11:41:01PM
in the words of Sir Charles Barkley that shit was flat out Turrable!
GSPCanada
5/1/08 12:49:11AM
I believe it's spelt trrble. Dante lost that fight he sat on em and did no damage. What brandon should have done is try and take dante down and pound him from the top not the bottom. Blown decision you don't sit on a guy and throw average lookin submissions and win a fight, he camr in with the strategy of sitting on him and these are the type of guys that need to stay out of the ufc. worst fight and worst decision
Naturaldisaster
5/1/08 12:51:44AM
If Jeremy may ever put lime juice in my dip I would kill him. You just dont mess with a mans DIP!
throwmeahotone
5/1/08 1:20:48AM
messin with someone's dip is like blasphemy down in the dirty dirty i ve had ass kicked for flushing my friends cousins dip down to toilet of course i was 9 and he was 15 but still
scoozna
5/1/08 9:37:57AM

Posted by DevonFoxy

I thought Dante Lost the fight but I understand why he got the win. What can ya do I really dont think it would have mattered any way the winner doesn't look like their getting out of the Second Round. I think the Mohawk has it won but he could have done more as well.

I thought Dante would have looked better but im pretty sure he would have been retired if he fought Chipper.

In retrospect Chipper would have mauled Dante and I'm pretty sure he will fight Chipper at the Finale the way things are looking right now.

I think that's right on the money. I don't know what Brandon's wrestling credentials are, but it looked like if he was a bit more skilled he could of stood up at will. Chipper, if he can stick to a stand-up game plan, would destroy Dante based on what we saw last night.
bullettdodger
5/1/08 3:12:31PM

Posted by slick781

Terrible fight all around. However, I agree with the decision. Dante controlled the fight, never once was Sene doing anything he WANTED to do. Dante took him down 8 times or so and was never taken down. Dante attempted 5 submissions or so and didn't have any attempted on him that I can recall. I don't think that little bit of striking Sene did was enough to overcome the fact that he was totally controlled that whole fight.

That said, I was pissed that whole fight. For a "slick submission guy," Dante didn't attempt nearly as much as he should/could have, especially since his ONLY plan was to work for a submission. When he had side control at the end and Sene's arm was just hanging up there, I really couldn't believe there was no arm lock attempt of any sort.

nickcuc547
5/1/08 4:51:27PM
the fight was painful to watch as neither guy was impressive. to be honest, i thought brandon won, but dante's passing of the guard gave him the nod. overall it was a pretty bad fight.
Gladiator
5/1/08 5:40:23PM
sounds like i didnt miss much...
nickcuc547
5/1/08 7:52:28PM

Posted by Gladiator

sounds like i didnt miss much...

nope, you would have been better off watching top chef, it was a much better episode.
SociopathX
5/1/08 8:31:01PM
Yea, the one thing I did like about the episode was the hype going into next week. I wanna see Matt Brown pound on Jeremy May. From what they showed so far in the house, jeremy may is a punk. He seems to know how to fight and likes to stand so next fight should be a good one.
disorderlyvision
5/1/08 9:31:45PM

Posted by slick781

what fight did you watch i saw 1 weak ass sub attempt in the 1st and the rest he laid on top and did absolutley nothing! even dana white said the other guy won, because he threw more and did more damage. the take downs did no damage, mohawk did more damage from his back than dante even thought about doing.
even so it was a horrible boring fight and neither did much of anything. i dont care to see either fight in the ufc again. they want to cut fighters start there.
Kracker_Jap
5/2/08 1:49:03AM
Honestly I thought they were both lame Dante? (spelling?) just leaned against Mohawk and Mohawk just let him......
Tein_Lung
5/2/08 3:34:51AM
the funny thing is he did the Kos method of fighting... LnP and got the nod... i think he lost the fight but technicaly he "controled" the fight... they need to look at how they judge the fights... because scoring points and winning a fight do not always equal the same thing
Pitbull09
5/2/08 1:24:34PM
It did suck. I finally got some of my friends to start watching the show and this fight happens. The next day they were all like "How the heck didnt the other guy win?"

It was a submission wrestling match and if it was neither would have done to considerably well as Dante chose to lay on Brandon after he got him down and never seemed to try to submit him. Brandon threw knees, elbows, and punches (even when on bottom!) and fought all three rounds even when he looked alittle gased.

In the end, I see Brandon on the finale show and Dante only being on it if they want somestriker to beat him down.