TUF 5 Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » TUF 5 Discussion
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Sam_Rothstein
5/18/07 6:54:33AM
they snuck some weed on the show thats whats up

if rob was hitting tabacco out of it though hes an idiot, go buy a pack of cigs

wiman rocked the shit out of marlon but i saw that he got a little bruise under his eye, might not be good for the next round
waylon_o
5/18/07 7:22:20AM
It's hilarious that Marlon was saying he was the best muay thai fighter in the house. Nobody cares, it wasn't a muay thai fight hahahaha. He got rocked during the stand up and got choked out cold because "I never tap out." What a douche. Then he's trying to say that Wiman was lucky? Right...And how about Maynard? He's a hoss. He beat the piss out of Weems.
d_block07
5/18/07 10:33:17AM
anybody notice how dana dropped an f bomb in every sentence he said the whole f-ing show
Ydoc
5/18/07 11:28:27AM
Can you blame him? Wang would have rather tried to stay with a team that didn't want him than go on a team that was welcoming him with open arms. Dana has a reason for that f-bomb tirade. More I think about it I think Dana picked that time to talk to BJ to make himself look better. He can now brag about Penn being down and out and how he pep talked him into two wins that were sure wins to begin with. Really cheap. And not nice to bring Shamrock into it. Shamrock's biggest prob that season was his picks.

Still funny watching Rob running around on a scooter and drinking beer at practise while Wang got cut from the team. But hey, I'm not complaining, Wang brings bad morale and a take no direction attitude to any team he is on.
Stickan
5/18/07 12:10:42PM
Andy was acting like a ******* baby...again. I don't know what's wrong with this guy. I wouldn't want him on my team.
Jens Pulver is just a great guy. To without any hesitation accept a guy that has embarrassed you in public (handraise) and competed against your team is class act in my book.
fedorwins1
5/18/07 1:16:53PM
Wang was pissing me off! He's an idiot for acting like that, he'll never get another shot in the UFC. Gray was a let down though, he had no explosivness at all, his punches were like little taps. Matt Wiman though, the guy is a stud.
Nacho
5/18/07 2:14:44PM

Posted by Stickan

Andy was acting like a ******* baby...again. I don't know what's wrong with this guy. I wouldn't want him on my team.
Jens Pulver is just a great guy. To without any hesitation accept a guy that has embarrassed you in public (handraise) and competed against your team is class act in my book.

I totally agree. This was Wang's chance to be humble and in a sense, be reborn on the show. Pulver took him with open arms, and Wang disses him. I'm stoked Dana nearly ripped his head off. Wang- pull your head out of your ass! I am not surprised BJ got rid of him. I was more surprised Dana kept him on.

Wang is supposed to be a nice guy. Let's hope he figures out he is a BJJ fighter who has a chance at a contract (if someone gets hurt), and starts acting like it.
Ydoc
5/18/07 3:13:06PM
Joe Lauzon's newest recap has come out and I had to quote this portion:

So while Andy was getting kicked out for not giving 100 percent, Rob was riding a scooter around the gym, with a beer in his hand and a cup duct-taped to his scooter filled with Reese’s Pieces. You just had to laugh at the whole situation.

titorican
5/18/07 4:45:18PM
Miller
Diaz
Melendez
Gamburyan
Hill

Lauzon
Maynard
Wiman

Interesting. It looks like BJ may have all 3 of his guys going into the final 4. His 3 look like the three top dudes. Diaz or Melendez may be able to beat one of those three. Gamburyan might be able to squeak out a win just because he's a f***ing animal, but I think Miller and Hill definitely get knocked out of this round.

Looks like Marlon beats the crap out of Noah. Can't wait to see that!
Sam_Rothstein
5/19/07 2:26:38AM
i dont see all 3 from penn making it to the final 4

depending on who gray fights i really dont see him going to the next round

matt wiman i could see destroying someone, but he has a chin made for a highlight reel

joe lauzon will most likely win the whole thing, the only two i see being a threat to him doing that is diaz or manny
Manfred
5/19/07 6:49:07AM
Joe's weekly blog; Link to week 7
Stickan
5/19/07 6:55:04AM

Posted by titorican

Miller
Diaz
Melendez
Gamburyan
Hill

Lauzon
Maynard
Wiman

Interesting. It looks like BJ may have all 3 of his guys going into the final 4. His 3 look like the three top dudes. Diaz or Melendez may be able to beat one of those three. Gamburyan might be able to squeak out a win just because he's a f***ing animal, but I think Miller and Hill definitely get knocked out of this round.

Don't forget that it's not a team thing anymore. The coaches make the match-ups based on what would be the most exciting fights so Wiman might fight Lauzon for example.
It's really hard to predict the semi-finalists since they're all pretty damn good but without knowing any of the match-ups I'd say the top 4 are:
Diaz
Gamburyan
Lauzon
Maynard
Nacho
5/19/07 11:19:43AM

Posted by Stickan

Posted by titorican

Miller
Diaz
Melendez
Gamburyan
Hill

Lauzon
Maynard
Wiman

Don't forget that it's not a team thing anymore. The coaches make the match-ups based on what would be the most exciting fights so Wiman might fight Lauzon for example.
It's really hard to predict the semi-finalists since they're all pretty damn good but without knowing any of the match-ups I'd say the top 4 are:
Diaz
Gamburyan
Lauzon
Maynard

Good point. Do you think they will do the best match ups or the set up the fight night finale to be the best match up? Id love to see Louzon v. Gamburyan for all the marbles.
hippysmacker
5/19/07 2:26:06PM

Posted by Stickan

Posted by titorican

Miller
Diaz
Melendez
Gamburyan
Hill

Lauzon
Maynard
Wiman

Diaz
Gamburyan
Lauzon
Maynard

I like your top 4, but unless they have to fight each other I think Manny and Nate will be the final 2
hughesfan1
5/19/07 6:57:55PM
the final for will be Lauzon,who will probabyl win , Melendez , Diaz , and Maynard ! If anyone thinks Jens will beat BJ I'll take that bet !!!
CWall33
5/19/07 8:48:33PM
Did anyone else notice the results of the Amp'd Mobile Poll on Thursday?

Was BJ Penn right to kick Andy Wang off the team?
Yes - 0%
No - 0%

Trapt1nw0nder
5/21/07 8:40:16AM
this is how i would want it.....and how i see it going down..

Nate Diaz vs. Cory Hill...............................Nate Diaz
Joe Lauzon vs. Cole Miller.......................Joe Lauzon
Brandon Melendez vs. Matt Wiman........Matt Wiman
Gray Maynard vs. Manny Gamburyan.....Gray Maynard

i could see Cory and Cole switching spots,but i dont see them putting Joe vs Nate in the second round quarterfinals....Nate can easily get Cole,but i think its better to put cole up against Joe since Joe has the better wrestling.......i dont know,but whoever fights cole will be the toughest fight,and most difficult to predict
hughesfan1
5/21/07 11:20:34AM
I like what you've put down and i agree for the most part. The only thing I would change in your scenario is I think Manny will beat Gray. Also if they put cole against Wiman I think that's his best shot at making the semi-finals.
mkiv9secsupra
5/21/07 3:22:34PM

Posted by hughesfan1

I like what you've put down and i agree for the most part. The only thing I would change in your scenario is I think Manny will beat Gray. Also if they put cole against Wiman I think that's his best shot at making the semi-finals.

really? i thought manny was horrible in his fight. sloppy and slow to do anything on the ground.
hughesfan1
5/21/07 3:28:56PM
I was thinking the same thing about Gray. I think he could've ended his fight much sooner with quicker punches or a rear naked choke. It seemed to me that he didn't have that much skill. Maybe I'm wrong I haven't ever saw him b4..??
mkiv9secsupra
5/21/07 4:01:06PM
either way neither one will win TUF. im bettin on Wiman or Nate
JBatch
5/21/07 4:18:57PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

this is how i would want it.....and how i see it going down..

Nate Diaz vs. Cory Hill...............................Nate Diaz
Joe Lauzon vs. Cole Miller.......................Joe Lauzon
Brandon Melendez vs. Matt Wiman........Matt Wiman
Gray Maynard vs. Manny Gamburyan.....Gray Maynard

i could see Cory and Cole switching spots,but i dont see them putting Joe vs Nate in the second round quarterfinals....Nate can easily get Cole,but i think its better to put cole up against Joe since Joe has the better wrestling.......i dont know,but whoever fights cole will be the toughest fight,and most difficult to predict

You know what I think you are pretty close if not bang on with that prediction. If those four are in the finals that would be crazy. I mean anyone of those guys could win and regardless this is going to be an amazing finale. I see the finals being Gray Maynard vs. Joe Lauzon.
hughesfan1
5/21/07 4:22:24PM
IMO it will be Lauzon vs. Diaz in the final.
Stickan
5/21/07 6:43:51PM
Both Manny and Gray looked good in their fights IMO. Very similar fights with different endings.
I'm just stoked about the remaining 8. I don't really care who wins or loses anymore as long as I get to see Diaz and Lauzon in the semis.
MattHughesFan
5/21/07 9:21:26PM
I'm gonna say Manny, Nate or Lauzon. Two of those three will be in the finals.
JunCTion
5/22/07 3:10:56PM

Posted by Stickan

Both Manny and Gray looked good in their fights IMO. Very similar fights with different endings.
I'm just stoked about the remaining 8. I don't really care who wins or loses anymore as long as I get to see Diaz and Lauzon in the semis.

they are the 2 i picked from the start to reach the final
i think joe takes it.
kbak303
5/22/07 11:17:21PM
yep I want the Lauzon kid to hit the finals...
I saw the footage of him taking on Jen, and then his fight and i was like 'DAMN!"

I sure like Jen though, not sure what it is, i guess i like his personality a bit more than BJ...

what was it he said 'at least I know I didn't loose to a bitch'...just thought that was great...
hughesfan1
5/22/07 11:21:32PM
yea, that was pretty funny stuff
d_block07
5/23/07 10:27:39AM
joe v diaz split desion in the finale, kinda like grove v herman
Nacho
5/23/07 6:16:51PM
Yep. If I were Dana, I'd want my two big names in the final match up. Louzon V. Diaz. You are not going to get a boring fight there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13