TUF 5 Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » TUF 5 Discussion
« Previous Page | Next Page »
PeteD
5/3/07 11:58:08PM
So far I think this is the most disappointing season so far. There is way too much drama. I'm glad to see Gabe go bye-bye. Dana was right. "You came into this knowing the weight class was 155, I you can't cut that weight you shouldn't have come." If previous seasons are any indication, Gabe will never fight in the UFC.
JunCTion
5/4/07 12:33:24AM

Posted by PeteD

Only fighter I'd like to see eliminated as soon as possible is Nate Diaz. I just can't stand his attitude.

attitude? dude. hes one of the only tufs showing his real personality. hes not acting. thats his personality. just like his bros. hes being himself. thats why i like him. and the facet that he can straight up fight.

you want him eliminated based on his attitude and not his skill?
ncordless
5/4/07 1:57:47AM

Posted by Cobbs666

Rumor : Gabe Rudiger to scheduled to make appearances on "Oprah" and "The View" to tell his side of the story and for a shoulder to cry on

I heard it was Tyra
pv3Hpv3p
5/4/07 10:54:59AM

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by PeteD

Only fighter I'd like to see eliminated as soon as possible is Nate Diaz. I just can't stand his attitude.

attitude? dude. hes one of the only tufs showing his real personality. hes not acting. thats his personality. just like his bros. hes being himself. thats why i like him. and the facet that he can straight up fight.

you want him eliminated based on his attitude and not his skill?

I agree with Junction... He's one of the best fighters on that show, it's not a popularity contest after all... And he's also right in saying that this is Nate's real personality... All the other contestant wear their hats cocked and act like a bunch of highschool kids wanting a little face time, but you chose to hate on the one who's actually being himself?
Trapt1nw0nder
5/4/07 11:03:37AM
Lauzon vs Geraghty and Hill vs Emerson...who do you guys see winning?

I think Lauzon and Hill will pull it off....cory hill isnt even in the fight finder so i dont know how good he did on his first 4 fights.....i hope Emerson wins just because i want BJ to get some wins
fedorwins1
5/4/07 1:21:33PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Lauzon vs Geraghty and Hill vs Emerson...who do you guys see winning?

I think Lauzon and Hill will pull it off....cory hill isnt even in the fight finder so i dont know how good he did on his first 4 fights.....i hope Emerson wins just because i want BJ to get some wins

Yea the next episode should be awesome. Two fights and both of the people I'm really excited to see them fight(Lauzon, Hill). I was kinda mad tho that I stayed up for nothing, just to see Gabe cry that's it.
AchillesHeel
5/4/07 1:40:52PM
I have to admit, everything I read about TUF5 makes me more and more glad that I've stopped watching it. A sad state of affairs; I actually enjoyed the first few incarnations of the show. Oh well.
Manfred
5/4/07 2:03:47PM
I'm pumped about Joe fighting next week. I was an instant fan of his. Quiet, reserved, but very good.

Here's his weekly blog if anyone is interested
Ydoc
5/4/07 3:02:40PM
I'm very excited about Joe fighting too. His blog is good too... I had no idea Gabe had 3 colonics. Joe is right, Gray was way too kind to Gabe. Gabe has already came out and said it was all for show and stuff, but that just makes him a bigger fool. Maybe he can do rinky dinky shows and get okay paydays but he has no way back to the big dance. Although I don't think he had the tools to stay there anyway.

Caught something interesting last night. Do to being penalized Pulver got to select two fights with the last one controlling who has the hammer, so he picked Joe to fight Brian and put Corey and Rob as the control fight. Pretty sure he knows Joe's going to win, but it doesn't matter now because if he does Pulver still has fight control (the hammer) on the favorite with Corey. Genius move there.
cowcatcher
5/4/07 3:09:15PM
emerson is no pushover for cory though, it should be a really good one next week, cory is growing on me after really not likinghim on show 1
Stickan
5/4/07 3:29:39PM
I hate episodes without fights. Gabe made it happen so I don't want to see him in the UFC again.
Nice editing there btw. with Gabe eating the cake and all. He truly blew it.
Trapt1nw0nder
5/4/07 3:29:46PM
thanks for the link Manfred....good read! props!

i wonder how gabe is doing right now....imagine all his close friends,and family members who had no idea what happened feel after seeing last nights show

i feel sorry for the guy......all the hate,and humiliation he has paid for the mistakes he made...so my hate has turned to pity from yesturday till now

im sure it was more of a mental issue,like an Anxiety attack that he had while cutting weight than weakness,and dehydration......i have had Anxiety attacks before,and they're not fun...even worse if the cameras are in your face
kbak303
5/4/07 5:29:41PM
how old was Gabe? it wasn't like he was 21 or something was it? I mean lobster guy is 30 or 32...Gabe shoulda been more mature I think. I mean all the falling out and BJ and Gray wasting time in the sauna with him....

i'm surprised someone didn't bean him when he got the 'small' piece of cake...man i'm a fat boy and I don't eat that much cake!!!!!!

good riddance..haven't liked Corey, but have rewatched the episode with Horn and watched him train..i think i'll pick him, but i like Emerson too

undecided on the other fight..ready to see Gray fight
cowcatcher
5/4/07 5:30:50PM
i think gabe is 24 or 25
Stickan
5/4/07 7:45:31PM
I actually think Corey seems like one of the smarter guys in the house despite his craziness sometimes. He expresses himself very well and I like how he sees things.

I hope he wins his fight and I hope that Lauzon advances as well.
Rush
5/4/07 10:26:01PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

I have to admit, everything I read about TUF5 makes me more and more glad that I've stopped watching it. A sad state of affairs; I actually enjoyed the first few incarnations of the show. Oh well.

I'm glad someone feels the same way I do.

I am also glad I didn't waste the 45 mins watching Gabe cry. I did see Dana's lame ass speech. I understand him being pissed, but it kind of bothers me how he gives these speeches like he's the guru of MMA, yet he's never had anything to do with MMA outside of the 'office.'
MMA
5/4/07 11:09:22PM
Emerson's striking was not that even impressive against Nate, I think Corey takes it if he is careful and uses his range.
JunCTion
5/5/07 12:50:05AM

Posted by Rush

Posted by AchillesHeel

I am also glad I didn't waste the 45 mins watching Gabe cry. I did see Dana's lame ass speech. I understand him being pissed, but it kind of bothers me how he gives these speeches like he's the guru of MMA, yet he's never had anything to do with MMA outside of the 'office.'

dude it doesnt matter what we think. dana thinks he is the guru of mma
JimiMak
5/5/07 2:27:45AM

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Rush

Posted by AchillesHeel

WHAT?! Dana has never done anything outside of the office? Dana has never claimed to be a fighter. Same as being a good coach doesn't mean you're a good fighter (or vice-versa) being a good promoter doesn't make you a good fighter (or vice-versa) He has done more for this sport than any nonfigher ever has. He is a former semi-pro boxer that admitted he didn't "have it". When he says "Do you want to be a f****ing fighter?", he knows. He didn't have it. He has seen the guys get almost there (incl himself) and he has seen the guys that have it. He's a great talent scout, among other things. Promotions wise, sales wise.... hell just the fact he convinced the Fertitas to buy the failing org, you don't have to like him. RESPECT what he has done. Trash him, I don't care- I'm not a big fan of his, but he has done a lot. The fact he hasn't fought doesn't effect weather he is a good promoter.
Trapt1nw0nder
5/5/07 11:05:34AM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Rush

Posted by AchillesHeel

WHAT?! Dana has never done anything outside of the office? Dana has never claimed to be a fighter. Same as being a good coach doesn't mean you're a good fighter (or vice-versa) being a good promoter doesn't make you a good fighter (or vice-versa) He has done more for this sport than any nonfigher ever has. He is a former semi-pro boxer that admitted he didn't "have it". When he says "Do you want to be a f****ing fighter?", he knows. He didn't have it. He has seen the guys get almost there (incl himself) and he has seen the guys that have it. He's a great talent scout, among other things. Promotions wise, sales wise.... hell just the fact he convinced the Fertitas to buy the failing org, you don't have to like him. RESPECT what he has done. Trash him, I don't care- I'm not a big fan of his, but he has done a lot. The fact he hasn't fought doesn't effect weather he is a good promoter.

um.....ok...Respek!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Rush
5/5/07 2:24:21PM

Posted by JimiMak

You're correct, he has never claimed to be a fighter. However, the guy talks down to TUF participants as if he is/was one. I'm not justifying any of Gabe's actions, but (as a boss, coach or any authority figure) when you blast someone for something that you know little/nothing about, it's not a sign of a good leader/boss.

My comments had nothing to do with your second 'point' of being a good coach/fighter. Dana is neither and it's thus out of the equation.

He's a promoter, yes, but he talks to these guys about fighting issues (i.e. how they fight in the ring, train and cut weight) in a tone as if he knows what he's talking about. So what if he's in the MMA business? If he's never fought or trained for an MMA fight, how can he blast someone for that stuff? I would expect the coaches to give 90% of the lecture Dana does and have Dana come in and say "From what I hear from your coaches, I don't like your attitude, etc" It's not the reason why he's pissed, but his delivery of why he's pissed that makes me shake my head.

Not only that, for a guy that thinks the Diaz:Emerson fight was the most exciting fight on the show yet, just solidifies the idea that he's full of shit.

I don't need to respect the guy regardless of what he's done. I don't care for him at all. I think he's a condecending asshole.

Nacho
5/5/07 6:26:59PM
The first rule of fight club is, don't piss off Dana White. The second rule of fight club is, don't piss off Dana White.It seems to me that if you want to be a professional MMA fighter, this is the one man you do not want to piss off. He may not be the biggest kid on the playground, but he has all the marbles. This TUF show can really make you or break you.

On to the fights: I'd like to see Joe win for sure, as he's my favorite to beat 'em all. Cory and Emerson will be a good fight. I'd hate to see Emerson lose two in a row, but look what happened to Leben after losing his TUF fights.
kbak303
5/6/07 12:53:43PM

Posted by Rush

You're correct, he has never claimed to be a fighter. However, the guy talks down to TUF participants as if he is/was one. I'm not justifying any of Gabe's actions, but (as a boss, coach or any authority figure) when you blast someone for something that you know little/nothing about, it's not a sign of a good leader/boss.

My comments had nothing to do with your second 'point' of being a good coach/fighter. Dana is neither and it's thus out of the equation.

He's a promoter, yes, but he talks to these guys about fighting issues (i.e. how they fight in the ring, train and cut weight) in a tone as if he knows what he's talking about. So what if he's in the MMA business? If he's never fought or trained for an MMA fight, how can he blast someone for that stuff? I would expect the coaches to give 90% of the lecture Dana does and have Dana come in and say "From what I hear from your coaches, I don't like your attitude, etc" It's not the reason why he's pissed, but his delivery of why he's pissed that makes me shake my head.

Not only that, for a guy that thinks the Diaz:Emerson fight was the most exciting fight on the show yet, just solidifies the idea that he's full of shit.

I don't need to respect the guy regardless of what he's done. I don't care for him at all. I think he's a condecending asshole.

I understand your viewpoint Rush. i guess i chalk it up to the boss of any business, corporation, country, etc...they might not have done the job, they might not know ANYTHING you're dealing with on the jobsite, assignment, whatever...but they are the boss ...dn't mean you gotta respect them though...just do what u gotta do to get a check!

I didn't think the Diaz-Emerson fight was that good either..but then I'm new here and only watching what i've been able to watch.

I think Gabe for being a 10-3 fighter, shoulda showed more class, commitment, whatever to the job and the needs of the job. I wonder who they passed over for him to get on the show and waste 54 minutes...

now..onto the Hill fight...i kinda like 'DMX Bulldog' alot more since they've been showing more the whole picture instead of Cujo working out....and I mean Horn seems to like him too...

I do think a few too many 'f-bombs' from a CEO/Boss on Tv...but hey..it's his show and his world
CincySaint
5/6/07 5:59:50PM
Wow, i had never seen his blog before. He is very well spoken and seems to have a good grasp on the fight game. I have never had to cut weight before so I can't begin to imagine what that can do to a person, but I had to laugh when BJ was talking about Gabe begging them to put him back in the sauna. I truly feely sorry for Gabe in so much as his UFC days are probably forever over. I can't see any reason Dana would have him fight again. I hope the camera time he got was worth it.... Let's hope next week redeems the TUF5 season any, because i am really disappointed thus far.
CincySaint
5/6/07 6:06:55PM
I agree that Dana comes off as an asshole sometimes, and it bothers me sometimes also, but I tend to let him off of the hook a bit. I sort of liken it to Mark Cuban's actions and comments sometimes, they are fans that were fortunate enough to buy into their respective sports. I get carried away a little bit too as a fan sometimes. I think Dana has been great for the sport of MMA and really believe that without his business sense we wouldnt have sites like this today. But you definitely have a point, Dana can be a jerk sometimes. I hope that now that he and the UFC have officially made it to the top he can show a bit more humility.
Rush
5/6/07 11:22:25PM

Posted by CincySaint
I truly feely sorry for Gabe in so much as his UFC days are probably forever over. .

I don't feel sorry for him. I am pretty sure he has been quoted saying that he acted that way on the show so people would remember him. He brought all those hardships on himself.
JunCTion
5/7/07 10:32:56PM
this song is dedicated to gabe, begging dana to forgive him boys dont cry
rcg916
5/8/07 5:17:07AM
All this Dana, reminds me of a classic sig I saw a while ago on Sherdog...

Fedor: I will fight your champion for 500,000 dollars.
Dana: I'll give you 10 to show, and 10 to win.
Fedor: No thank you sir.
Dana: Do you want to be a f*ckin fighter or what?!

Trapt1nw0nder
5/8/07 7:01:48AM

Posted by rcg916

All this Dana, reminds me of a classic sig I saw a while ago on Sherdog...

Fedor: I will fight your champion for 500,000 dollars.
Dana: I'll give you 10 to show, and 10 to win.
Fedor: No thank you sir.
Dana: Do you want to be a f*ckin fighter or what?!

I don't get it....
Rush
5/8/07 3:13:02PM
I get it and it's pretty funny and hits the nail on the head IMO.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13