TUF 5 Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » TUF 5 Discussion
« Previous Page | Next Page »
nellyhiphophead
4/15/07 2:02:33PM

Posted by JBatch

I am not impressed with the fact they are leting the guys who get eliminated back in the house. I think that is a horrible idea and is only there for drama.

These guys do need to just calm down and worry about fighting in the ring not verbally in the house. I would like to see Nate or Corey vs. Emerson next week.

Other than that imagine the finals were Manny 5'5 vs. Corey 6'4 that would be nuts.

ya it's a hard one to call but whatever it will make it funner to watch and this could be the best season ever in my mind so far two great fights and shit going down in the house.
Rush
4/19/07 11:31:35PM
Emmerson vs. Diaz Best fight in TUF according to Dana White. I say bullshit. I thought the first round was garbage and the second round wasn't much better. I thought I was watching a playground brawl.
Ydoc
4/19/07 11:44:35PM
Your right Rush... that was very over hyped. Both Cummo's fights on TUF 2 were better and so was Von Flu vs. Gurgel. That's just off the top of my head, it was a nice dominating fight for Diaz... althought first round looked like he was trying to dance with him, but in the second round he shined. Amazing how much of an attention whore Gabe is... he litterally got ass raped for more TV time. Gray really summed it up well.

Bleh, next episode Pulver brings in another special one day training fighter and gets on Weems about picking up the pace. Feels like we are already in a lull. I hate when one coach plays it safe, getting his top guys easy wins only to setup the same for the otherside.

Oh, and Tait vs. Haynes was better than that fight too.
Trapt1nw0nder
4/20/07 12:09:42AM
I thought it was a good fight,and I give alot of Respect for Diaz for picking the fighter everyone didnt want to fight right off the bat!

It was a good fight,but it was over-hyped,but i was already prepared for that so it didnt disappoint.....its Dana White...dont be a victim of over-hype people!

Diaz looked good,his standup was alright,and as soon as he got it to the ground he dominated easily....from GnP to Mount to Americana to Arm bar to RNC
Northrend
4/20/07 2:10:02AM
Damn sucks so bad Robert got beat...with that said holy shit Diaz looked 10x better then I thought he would and I pick him to win it all now =)
johny_rotten
4/20/07 2:43:10AM
If that kid said Nate was just "street punk" one more time I was going to throw my tv. Nate has been training with very good MMA fighters, and spectacular BJJ guys for 5+ years. He has come with guys like Ceaser Gracie, Gil Castillo, Gilbert Melendez, David Terrell, and his brother. That isn't a street punk. That is a guy everyone in the house should fear, because he has been training with a real MMA team for longer than most of these guys knew what MMA was. The to top it off he makes comments about being hit in the head with beer bottles, and skate boards. He bugged me, and I am glad he is gone.

Side note* Did anyoone else notice on the promo for the IFL they said "Mario Ruas?" Not Marco?
pv3Hpv3p
4/20/07 11:01:28AM

Posted by Ydoc

Your right Rush... that was very over hyped. Both Cummo's fights on TUF 2 were better and so was Von Flu vs. Gurgel. That's just off the top of my head, it was a nice dominating fight for Diaz... althought first round looked like he was trying to dance with him, but in the second round he shined. Amazing how much of an attention whore Gabe is... he litterally got ass raped for more TV time. Gray really summed it up well.

Bleh, next episode Pulver brings in another special one day training fighter and gets on Weems about picking up the pace. Feels like we are already in a lull. I hate when one coach plays it safe, getting his top guys easy wins only to setup the same for the otherside.

Griffen / Bonnar, too... Although I don't know if that counts because it was in the finale...

Am I the only one who only watches the last 20 or so minutes of the show?
Ydoc
4/20/07 11:48:53AM
Yeah... that was the finale. All the finales except for TUF 4 have produced at least one great fight (TUF 1 had Forrest/Bonnar, TUF 2 had Cummo/Stevenson and Evans/Imes, TUF 3 had Herman/Grove).

Anyway, thought of some more TUF matches that were better than that fight last night: Melvin vs Josh (TUF 2) and Rich vs Shonie (TUF 4).

And your probably not the only one watching the last 20 minutes, and it maybe more soon if the main story is about a guy sticking something up his ass.

kbak303
4/20/07 2:14:38PM
Total noob here...total MMA experiance absolute zero (did some boxing in the service, years ago) but i'm really hooked on watching MMA on UFC and Bodog lately...

my question..WOULDN'T Gabe loose some # by working out? he didn't do a thing last night during drills, and missed the AM practice for the 'undercarriage cleaning'... I liked the one fighters comment about sweating and working out..
I'm kinda rooting against him, to be honest...he's all mouth and not showing nothing, just MHO

they don't show alot of what goes on in the kitchen, but one might be surprised, he might have a diet like me...

do you fight if you're over the weight limits?

my hats off to you guys that do this sport...gotta be a heck of an athelete to meld all sorts of disciplines into one ring...

nellyhiphophead
4/20/07 2:16:23PM

Posted by Ydoc

due as a smart couch thats what i was saying i woul do if i was jens. wy would you put up weems to fight and lose control of picking the fights you want save him to last and send him to joe. pick away at the rest of the penn team. as you go.
fedorwins1
4/20/07 4:11:55PM
Diaz didn't look too good last night, if you've seen the Hermes fight you know what I'm talking about. He wasn't really aggressive and his standup looked alil weak. He'll still take the whole thing tho. I can't believe Corey doesn't even have a gym to train at! He's basically on the show with hardly any experience at all!
Northrend
4/20/07 6:36:13PM

Posted by johny_rotten

If that kid said Nate was just "street punk" one more time I was going to throw my tv. Nate has been training with very good MMA fighters, and spectacular BJJ guys for 5+ years. He has come with guys like Ceaser Gracie, Gil Castillo, Gilbert Melendez, David Terrell, and his brother. That isn't a street punk. That is a guy everyone in the house should fear, because he has been training with a real MMA team for longer than most of these guys knew what MMA was. The to top it off he makes comments about being hit in the head with beer bottles, and skate boards. He bugged me, and I am glad he is gone.

Side note* Did anyoone else notice on the promo for the IFL they said "Mario Ruas?" Not Marco?

He meant streak punk because he acted tough and shit around the house and what not...Robert new Diaz had skills and after the fight said he shouldn't of underestimated him. Also Robert has trained with Quinton Jackson and Oyama for about 3years or so and before that was with Ruas Vale Tudo so Diaz isn't the only one with good MMA camp experience.
MMA
4/20/07 7:32:54PM
Pulver is spanking Penn at the moment. He brought in Horn and he probably brought Hughes in for ep4 (makes sense since I am sure Hughes wants to see Penn lose, and plus, they are both Miletich boys).

As for the ep3 fight, I agree with everyone here when they said it was overhyped. It was probably the best fight so far (even though I loved watching Manny dominant Noah), but it is by far the best fight out of all of the seasons. I had a feeling Diaz was going to submit Emerson, but I was surprised how well he handled himself on the stand-up. I think Diaz won the 1st round; Emerson won the last 1min but Diaz took the first 4min.
IrishNHB
4/21/07 12:32:32AM
I have trained with joe(also alex k and kenny f) and let me say his hands are way better then you think(even with the jens win). But his ground made keith rockel look like a first timer. I will glady answer any question about the mass local boys.
DuncanFan819
4/21/07 5:41:56AM

Posted by JBatch

I am not impressed with the fact they are leting the guys who get eliminated back in the house. I think that is a horrible idea and is only there for drama.

These guys do need to just calm down and worry about fighting in the ring not verbally in the house. I would like to see Nate or Corey vs. Emerson next week.

Other than that imagine the finals were Manny 5'5 vs. Corey 6'4 that would be nuts.

Yeah, the bullshit of letting the guys back into the house is just for the show to make it more interesting since they know that there's gonna be more friction. They should be more worried about taking this seriously and letting the winning fighters concentrate on their next fights. I really hope Gabe loses. He's a pompass asshole.
kbak303
4/21/07 10:00:47AM

Yeah, the bullshit of letting the guys back into the house is just for the show to make it more interesting since they know that there's gonna be more friction. They should be more worried about taking this seriously and letting the winning fighters concentrate on their next fights. I really hope Gabe loses. He's a pompass asshole.

+1 there...

what is the incentive to win (other than what the winner gets in the end) if they let you stay at the house?
"Sorry guys, you lost, no more free beer or marking up the 2.3 million dollar house [speculation, but when i lived in Vegas real estate wasn't cheap] we'll take you to the Greyhound station"

have all the UFC series been like this. I briefly caught a few of the ones with Tito/Shamrock as coaches...and really liked them, but my school schedules didn't mesh, but we got TiVo now with the HD Bigscreen my wife got me it works out good!

+10..might just be me, but I hate Gabe. doesn't work out, has the 'cleansing' and then i keep seeing him jerking around the guy from Oklahoma...can't see him winning at this rate...
Trapt1nw0nder
4/21/07 10:29:44AM
"This is my zone...this is my home...Nobody come in my zone and my home!"......had to say it..

as for Gabe i bet anything he will lose his first fight...just by the way they are editing the show to make him look like a b!tch
Rush
4/21/07 3:54:20PM

Posted by MMA

Pulver is spanking Penn at the moment. He brought in Horn and he probably brought Hughes in for ep4 (makes sense since I am sure Hughes wants to see Penn lose, and plus, they are both Miletich boys).

Based off of how pissed BJ looked at Jens at UFC 69, I'm betting Jens' guys walked all over BJ's team.
Sam_Rothstein
4/21/07 6:13:23PM
nate diaz dominated robert emerson, i thought the fight was probably the best ive seen from tuf, then again ive only seen season 4 and 5 currently downloading season 2

i think nate diaz has a verrrrrry good chance at winning the whole thing, he only has 2 losses in his career, and one of em was against hermes franca who is fighting for the lightweight title and Koji Oishi from pancrase

i am really excited about jeremy horn working with corey hill, i think if they got skill to match his 6'4 stature he would be unstoppable
nellyhiphophead
4/22/07 7:39:16PM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

nate diaz dominated robert emerson, i thought the fight was probably the best ive seen from tuf, then again ive only seen season 4 and 5 currently downloading season 2

i think nate diaz has a verrrrrry good chance at winning the whole thing, he only has 2 losses in his career, and one of em was against hermes franca who is fighting for the lightweight title and Koji Oishi from pancrase

i am really excited about jeremy horn working with corey hill, i think if they got skill to match his 6'4 stature he would be unstoppable

ya i liked the fight nothing over the hill great but a good fight. i don;t think they should have to hype it like they did. and you should get season 1 it's the best and some good fights.

and ya i think jeremy can make corey a killer i could see that guy making a mark. by the sounds of what they say he is a hardworker also.
IrishNHB
4/22/07 10:02:15PM
i know one guy who is in the finally any one else who wants to know pm me it is a spoiler and just a rumor
Sam_Rothstein
4/23/07 6:36:36AM
i wonder what happens with wayne weems in the next episode, when i first saw his record i was pretty impressed but then i looked at the wins he had and who they were over

he only has beat one opponent with a winning record who had a (5-4) overall record in mma. hahaha
Naturaldisaster
4/23/07 8:54:01AM
I'm goin out on a limb and picking Andy to win!
JunCTion
4/24/07 12:06:02AM
im starting to like corey. hes growing on me and diaz is awsome(just like his brother)

nick hated diego and alkl the publicity he got from tuf1cause he had to earn his way to the ufc fighting (not tv). i wonder what he said to nate we he was approached about tuf 5.
Trapt1nw0nder
4/24/07 6:38:15AM
I didnt like Cory so much on the 1st episode,but now i know why he hated Gabe so much.....

Im backing Nate Diaz the whole way....i really hope he take sit all and makes his brother proud ;)
Stickan
4/24/07 8:43:47PM
Gabe is an ass.... a very clean ass though..
kbak303
4/24/07 11:26:52PM
LMAO!
essej88
4/26/07 4:25:25PM
i personally think that all you kids are nuthugging on gray maynard, the guy is a wrestler who is short like some troll. you kids want to hear about real fighters join TEAM DIAZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kisame
4/26/07 4:38:23PM
waiting to see Cory in action. I heard he was a pretty good fighter.
Cobbs666
4/26/07 10:48:11PM
i bet the reason BJ Penn was so pissed off at the ultimate fight night season opener and Pulver was all smiles is because Pulver probably sweeps and wins all of the fights!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13