TUF 5 Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » TUF 5 Discussion
« Previous Page | Next Page »
pv3Hpv3p
4/8/07 4:36:16PM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

but i like his lankyness reminds me of a tommy hearns that talks a lot of shit

I knew that he reminded me of someone... Good call... I wonder if he's got that rediculous power... I don't think I've seen anyone hit like Tommy since.
JunCTion
4/8/07 5:04:10PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Ydoc

I remember him... it was TUF2, and they had to make one more cut before they had the final rosters, and that guy was Kenny Stevens. He called out Sammy Morgan for his match but couldn't cut, even though Franklin was in the sauna with him babying him through the whole process.

He quit though... he could have made weight if he wasn't such a quitter.

that one guy that quit because his girlfriend of 6 weeks thaought he was messing around.

Ya, that ws absolutely rediculous... He had already advanced to the next round... I think it was Noah something or other...

Man Dana really castrated him in front of the guys when he explained what happened

yah and theres no way hell ever get a shot in the ufc or any other org that danas involved with. what a waste (not because shes a girl but a girfriend of only 6 weeks) i hope she broke up with him after the show aired for being such an idiot.
pv3Hpv3p
4/8/07 5:11:04PM

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Ydoc

I remember him... it was TUF2, and they had to make one more cut before they had the final rosters, and that guy was Kenny Stevens. He called out Sammy Morgan for his match but couldn't cut, even though Franklin was in the sauna with him babying him through the whole process.

that one guy that quit because his girlfriend of 6 weeks thaought he was messing around.

Ya, that ws absolutely rediculous... He had already advanced to the next round... I think it was Noah something or other...

Man Dana really castrated him in front of the guys when he explained what happened

yah and theres no way hell ever get a shot in the ufc or any other org that danas involved with. what a waste (not because shes a girl but a girfriend of only 6 weeks) i hope she broke up with him after the show aired for being such an idiot.

I bet it was just like Dana said on the show... (paraphrased): He's known the girl for 2 months, and she's probably at home fuc*ing his best friend."

Dana owned him, lol

It makes you wonder that if a guy is that emotionly unstable and insecure, would he have ever really made a good fighter?
JimiMak
4/8/07 6:00:27PM

Posted by Rush

I am disappointed that they are picking guys that have only 1-3 years of training. To think that Jeff Joslin didn't make the lightweight cut a couple seasons ago. He has a much better pedigree than some of these guys.

I don't know if you realize but, a lot of fighters get offered TUF and turn it down. The guaruntees for winning are kinda limited. Plus they tie up almost a 1/2 year from start to finale, where they don't want you to fight for any one for certain periods of time (relating to when you get knocked out of the comp.) etc. There are ups and downs to the show as far as fighter contracts go. Some guys that get on, it's the biggest chance they'd ever get. Some that turn it down thinkin they could get a better contract otherwise, never go anywhere and shoulda taken it. He might've "made the cut" but thought he was better off just negotiating contracts and fighting guys.
Sam_Rothstein
4/8/07 11:38:55PM

Posted by Ydoc

Thanks dude. Yeah, kinda of sucks knowing how long the match will be, but it could be worse, they could edit them.

Any idea who Diaz was about to start fighting with in the house?

i could barely see who it was since you could really only see him from the back

but to me it kind of looked like robert emerson who went to the cards with pulver after pulver defended his title against penn
JunCTion
4/8/07 11:56:59PM
you know what would be nice. they start out the show as usuall, have the fight at the 1/2 hour mark (then well never know how long or when its gonna end), do the fight recap and interviews after instead of the next week. then use the last 15 or so minutes showing us who hates eachother, whatching them quarel, telling us whos gonna fight next week and hype that fight. so instead of the show starting off telling us what we already saw and know from the previous week, they could let us know what the next fight is, then we could think about it all week and have the tension build up and wed be glued to the tv.
DuncanFan819
4/10/07 7:19:25AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Ydoc

Yeah, DW destroyed him. The guy had it coming big time though. What a disgrace.
Trapt1nw0nder
4/10/07 7:42:53PM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

Posted by Ydoc

Thanks dude. Yeah, kinda of sucks knowing how long the match will be, but it could be worse, they could edit them.

Any idea who Diaz was about to start fighting with in the house?

i could barely see who it was since you could really only see him from the back

but to me it kind of looked like robert emerson who went to the cards with pulver after pulver defended his title against penn

Yeah im pretty sure it was Rob Emerson too..........its the posture that gives it all away
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
chentay2112
4/10/07 8:31:09PM
a team on team fight would be great,,,,lol
but i think a few of them would realise that it could cost them the contract either through getting thrown out of the house or by injury....
so i don't think they would risk it
ALSO IMO not all of them seem like complete dicks that that they would want to fight just for the hell of it
kerazzle
4/11/07 3:33:37AM
a lot of ppl wanted BJ but I dont really see why. Just because he has mad skills doesnt mean he's a good coach. Jens comes from Miletich so he obviously has an extremely good work ethic and knows what good coaching is.
Sam_Rothstein
4/11/07 7:36:06AM
i love what bj penn did with his career, he came out of nowhere and beat some of the greatest fighters in the ufc in such a short period of time

but i really dont think hes that great anymore,, hes lost 3 of his last 4 fights, with his last two wins coming of renzo and rodrigo gracie

why not work with jens, who has fought professional boxing bouts and has a huge staff of coaches to pick from the miletech camp

on a side note though team penn should of brought cabbages ass in to spar with the lightweights haha

raider8
4/11/07 2:24:05PM
BJ has just got to get his shit back together. The guy is so talented and has so many skills. He is going to be one hell of a coach. I pick Joe Lauzon to win it all.
Mastodon2
4/12/07 9:48:58AM
I think Joe Lauzon might win it all.

First episode of the series and I already feel a burning hatred for Corey Hill is such a prat, and a faux hardman. He tries to act really intense, shouting and talking to himself, making stupid dog noises, I just dislike him. He isnt a sportsman, he should join the WWE or something.

I'd love to see him fight Fedor in a Pride open weight bout, that would shut him up.
gcraig22
4/12/07 12:10:06PM
Gabe Reudiger will win TUF 5. He will have his head on straight know. There is a reason that no one wanted to fight him.
Rush
4/12/07 11:44:00PM

Posted by JimiMak

I don't know if you realize but, a lot of fighters get offered TUF and turn it down. The guaruntees for winning are kinda limited. Plus they tie up almost a 1/2 year from start to finale, where they don't want you to fight for any one for certain periods of time (relating to when you get knocked out of the comp.) etc. There are ups and downs to the show as far as fighter contracts go. Some guys that get on, it's the biggest chance they'd ever get. Some that turn it down thinkin they could get a better contract otherwise, never go anywhere and shoulda taken it. He might've "made the cut" but thought he was better off just negotiating contracts and fighting guys.

I didn't realize it, considering that most of the fighters get additional fights in the UFC after the show (the losers), I would think that it would be the chance that most fighters are looking for.
JunCTion
4/13/07 12:06:33AM
so far i thinks its the worst season. i know thers only 2 episodes, but it seems like all these kids watched the previous TUFs and are playing to the camera. trying to act tough, threatening eachother, taking off shirts (man is he scrawny), drawing on walls. its obvious some of them want to be the next leben. descent fights though.
Trapt1nw0nder
4/13/07 12:08:46AM
Is Karo Parisyan's cousin a Psycho ot what??
JunCTion
4/13/07 12:10:15AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Is Karo Parisyan's cousin a Psycho ot what??

and nicks little bro looks like me whan i was 14.
Ydoc
4/13/07 12:39:07AM
When Manny was sitting next to Corey on the couch he looked like his pet monkey. The size difference was hilarious. Looks like they are playing it smart, which means a lot of lopsided fights to start off on.

Getting real tired of Gabe, think JCT has a good point about people mugging for the camera, you can tell Gabe is trying to materialize a feud with Wyman to further his star. Kudos to Penn for the calling out Corey part... it looked close to working. Also props to Corey, for not being a douche 24/7 and actually having a cool side.

Just heard a spoiler... next week its either Corey or Nate fighting it said, and Dana said it was one of the best TUF fights he's ever seen. So maybe it'll pick up.
JBatch
4/13/07 2:02:41AM
I for one have been impressed. The fighters are going out an finishing, I know they are picking out weaker guys but they are putting them away nicely.

I think things in the house got way out of hand but damn is Pulvers team ever nuts.

As for the fight Manny as Dana was saying looks to have ridiculous strength and at 5'5 makes him like a time bomb.

Can't wait for next week this is shaping up to be my 2nd favourite season next to season #1.
Mastodon2
4/13/07 6:26:35AM
This could be my favourite series so far.

Loads of fighters that I dont care about, who are all charisma free and making loads of childish drama in the house, its fantastic!

I dont care who gets wrecked or who wins because they are all goons, its a no pressure TUF.
JunCTion
4/13/07 9:48:44AM

Posted by Mastodon2

This could be my favourite series so far.

Loads of fighters that I dont care about, who are all charisma free and making loads of childish drama in the house, its fantastic!

I dont care who gets wrecked or who wins because they are all goons, its a no pressure TUF.

nice.
i did say i like the fights. and these fighters have a chance to make the kind of impact on the ufc that tuf#1 did.
i just dont like the fake drama and flexing of the muscles for the camera.

fedorwins1
4/13/07 10:35:04AM
Hopefully the next fight will be Nate Diaz and Rob Emerson
MMA
4/13/07 10:47:56AM
I can't believe some people hate this season, I am loving it! These guys are fcking crazy and the 2 fights have been awesome. Manny rocking Noah and then slamming his ass down and then working side control until he got the kimura was a thing of beauty.
JunCTion
4/13/07 11:08:46AM

Posted by MMA

I can't believe some people hate this season, I am loving it! These guys are fcking crazy and the 2 fights have been awesome. Manny rocking Noah and then slamming his ass down and then working side control until he got the kimura was a thing of beauty.

i dont hate it, its just not my favorite, love the fights & most of the fighters, just not the fake, copy cat drama
cowcatcher
4/13/07 12:30:09PM
gabe is getting really sickening really quickly. man these lil guys have napoleon syndrome, i wouldnt be surprised in the least if a fight broke out in the house this season. so far ive been very entertained by the show through 2 episodes, and i have no idea who will win. i really dont get why gabe hates wiman so much, they must not be showing wimans annoting tendancies because he seems like a level headed guy so far, then again like someone said earlier, i think gabe in camera flexing a lot just to get recognized. i hope he cries again soon about his weight, those tears should add up and he may lose 5 lbs of water weight.
nubby
4/13/07 12:51:23PM
I watched the show this morning and I have to say I ******* hate most the guys on team pulver. They seem like a bunch of pricks. But damn Manny pwnt!
CWall33
4/14/07 6:48:34AM
Only two episodes in so far, and this season is already wearing on my nerves. I'm tuning in to see some future MMA stars (potentially) train and compete for a very bright spot in the UFC. I can do without all the reality TV drama BS.

I haven't timed it (and I'm not gonna), but I'd bet 90% of the airtime for episode 2 was devoted to the stupid drama that these "kids" create to get some TV time.

I'd rather see Pulver and Penn training these guys to fight in the UFC. I'd rather get to know their skills, not their punk attitudes.

So far, this show needs to be on MTV, not Spike.
JimiMak
4/14/07 2:25:03PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by JimiMak

I didn't realize it, considering that most of the fighters get additional fights in the UFC after the show (the losers), I would think that it would be the chance that most fighters are looking for.

It is and it isn't. I imagine it has a lot to do w/ what your manager tells you he thinks he can get you, good wins while trying to negotiate a better contract etc... But yeah, that's what I've heard is the reason that we don't just see it full of the best unsigned guys in the world every time.
JBatch
4/15/07 3:15:06AM
I am not impressed with the fact they are leting the guys who get eliminated back in the house. I think that is a horrible idea and is only there for drama.

These guys do need to just calm down and worry about fighting in the ring not verbally in the house. I would like to see Nate or Corey vs. Emerson next week.

Other than that imagine the finals were Manny 5'5 vs. Corey 6'4 that would be nuts.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13